Wasted a Gutty performance by Uncle Al?

Green Jets & Ham

All credit to Santana ... he was his dominant self ... went out and skunked us

But it bugs me to waste a gutty performance by Uncle Al

No, not a dominant performance, but a GUTTY PERFORMANCE

Got a lot of runners on base through 5, but allowed only one to cross the plate

That was a gutty performace by the old pro ... I'd hate to see it wasted :(

I would hardly call it a gutty performance. 5 innings and 1 run is fine, and it's what Leiter can do and has done for years, but it will tax your bullpen terribly, and eventually Leiter will get himself into trouble like what has happened this year with Florida.

A 5 inning start is rarely gutty. I don't expect much more from Leiter, but with our bullpen right now, 5 inning starts allowing 1 run aren't always good. 7 innings and 3 runs is better.

Yankees pen surrenders 3 runs and counting

GAME OVER, PERFORMANCE WASTED

Don't you get it? This is mostly Uncle Al's fault! If he had ANY consistent control, he wouldn't have to leave games early. Instead, he runs up the pitch count and the Yankees awful bullpen OF COURSE blows it. Al did this with the Mets, so it's nothing new.

The Yankees need a workhorse in the worst way. (Cough, why the **** did they let Jon Lieber get away, cough?)

Hate to disagree but this is not a quality start and what I have been saying is why you do not want Leiter - he will kill your bullpen because he will not go long in the game- you can not expect your bullpen to throw half the game

I would hardly call it a gutty performance. 5 innings and 1 run is fine, and it's what Leiter can do and has done for years, but it will tax your bullpen terribly, and eventually Leiter will get himself into trouble like what has happened this year with Florida.

A 5 inning start is rarely gutty. I don't expect much more from Leiter, but with our bullpen right now, 5 inning starts allowing 1 run aren't always good. 7 innings and 3 runs is better.

7 innings and 3 runs so far for Aaron Small. Now this is what I want as a quality start.

Archived