Trade Baker

BigOrangeJetFan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whoa now, stop the presses. THE Sperm Edwards just had something positive to say about Curtis Martin. ;-)

I never thought he was awful or anything like that. I just didn't think he was a great running back. He got what the OL gave him & little or nothing more. Lots of guys do that. He just did it for longer & for more carries & got paid like a super-elite game-changing RB every year, which he never was.

I don't want to turn this into a Martin thread. I'll say this: he was always a tough guy. He just didn't showboat so some will interpret that as lacking attitude or balls. Or would be called a "choir boy" or some other such silliness.

Just because mid-late round scrubs like Schlegel, Eric & Brad Smith, and Jason Pociask turned out to be mostly garbage thus far doesn't mean that every player who doesn't act like a clown is a talent-devoid "choir boy" loser.

And PEACE be with you too................gangreenman.

ATTITUDE and BALLS reality check time I know those 2 words dont correspond with a person like you.Havent we been down this road before on another site.

I will support Shockey have since he played for the "U".

BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

another site? Well, this is the only football board I ever signed up for (excluding Patsfans.com, where I got banned), so you're probably thinking of someone else.

Every player in the NFL has ATTITUDE and BALLS, if they didnt they never would have made it as far as they have. But you can use that attitude and balls approach on the field, there's no need to deflect blame and put it all on your teammates. That's what Shockey does and that shows me that he doesnt have the BALLS to admit he did anything wrong.

You can support him all you want, as long as he doesn't come to the Jets, I could care less about him.

another site? Well, this is the only football board I ever signed up for (excluding Patsfans.com, where I got banned), so you're probably thinking of someone else.

Every player in the NFL has ATTITUDE and BALLS, if they didnt they never would have made it as far as they have. But you can use that attitude and balls approach on the field, there's no need to deflect blame and put it all on your teammates. That's what Shockey does and that shows me that he doesnt have the BALLS to admit he did anything wrong.

You can support him all you want, as long as he doesn't come to the Jets, I could care less about him.

Thats your OPINION. If he can help this team WIN im all for him being a NYJET attitude,balls and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats your OPINION. If he can help this team WIN im all for him being a NYJET attitude,balls and all!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, its a fact that he deflects blame and puts it all on his teammates every time they lose or there is a bad play. When he makes some good plays, he'll never deflect any credit though, he keeps it all to himself and he doesn't give a turd what the scoreboard says at the end of the game.

I dont see how he can help this team win, as you admitted earlier in this thread, the Giants never really used him that much when he was healthy, and they won the freaking SB.

And that is your opinion. Which is a wrong one. Shockey is an overated POS who is a cancer in the lockerroom and a me first kind of guy. That one espn play he made where he ran over a linebacker 5 years ago isn't worth all of that crap. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

And that is your opinion. Which is a wrong one. Shockey is an overated POS who is a cancer in the lockerroom and a me first kind of guy. That one espn play he made where he ran over a linebacker 5 years ago isn't worth all of that crap. The negatives far outweigh the positives.

Yes and in the last 25 years of existence we have so many positives to be thankful for.

Lets steer far away from the trouble players Owens,Moss,Pac-Man,Shockey and others while other teams take a chance and WIN with them.

Yes and in the last 25 years of existence we have so many positives to be thankful for.

Lets steer far away from the trouble players Owens,Moss,Pac-Man,Shockey and others while other teams take a chance and WIN with them.

Shockey is not in the same class as any of the players you listed, he's overrated.

Top 10 TEs in the game list them.Shockey is top 10 if not top 5.

Yeah and did you see how Eli really improved with him as TE??

Oh no wait that was Kevin Boss. If Shockey is top 10 I guess that makes Boss top 3, right? LOL

The improvement was there for us all to see.

Yeah and did you see how Eli really improved with him as TE??

Oh no wait that was Kevin Boss. If Shockey is top 10 I guess that makes Boss top 3, right? LOL

The improvement was there for us all to see.

I figured you couldnt name 10 even 5.Now you are an Eli supporter where were you 3 years ago when the Giants almost traded him. And Boss lets see what he does next year before we induct him onto the Hall of Fame.

I figured you couldnt name 10 even 5.Now you are an Eli supporter where were you 3 years ago when the Giants almost traded him. And Boss lets see what he does next year before we induct him onto the Hall of Fame.

I'm not that big an Eli sipporter. He's not nearly shown enough consistency to be considered elite, he just had a great playoff run and fair play to him for doing so. Doesn't make him an elite QB.

I'm not talking up Boss at all, I'm talking down Shockey. Boss is a JAG and the fact of the matter is the Giants improved when they had him rather than Shockey at TE.

I'm not that big an Eli sipporter. He's not nearly shown enough consistency to be considered elite, he just had a great playoff run and fair play to him for doing so. Doesn't make him an elite QB.

I'm not talking up Boss at all, I'm talking down Shockey. Boss is a JAG and the fact of the matter is the Giants improved when they had him rather than Shockey at TE.

Exactly the GIANTS had a great playoff run and if Shockey was healthy he would have been part of it.Hes a top TE in the game today.If the NYJETS can acquire him we should.We acquire players for what they do on gameday.This guy comes to play always has always will.

Exactly the GIANTS had a great playoff run and if Shockey was healthy he would have been part of it.Hes a top TE in the game today.If the NYJETS can acquire him we should.We acquire players for what they do on gameday.This guy comes to play always has always will.

How the Hell do you know whether the Giants would have went on that run with him starting?

And you named 9 talk about reading comprehension problems. 1-2-3 A-B-C.

No it actually goes 1-2-3-4-5. The alphabet doesn't feature when counting.:rl:

I named 9 because there are just so many TE's better than that overrated POS that is Jeremy Shockey. Top 5? LMAO

Ten TE's better than Baker? Seriously? Anyone could name that list in 20 seconds.

(In no particular order because I'm too lazy)

Antonio Gates

Kellen Winslow II

Tony Gonzalez

Jason Witten

Todd Heap

Dallas Clark

Heath Miller

Chris Cooley

Alge Crumpler

Ben Watson

Hell lets just keep on going why don't we?

Jeremey Shockey

Vernon Davis

Desmond Clark

Owen Daniels

Randy McMichael

Tony Scheffler

Bo Scaife

Zach Miller

Archived