Trade Baker

BigOrangeJetFan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, finally somebody gets it:

Coming off a 41-catch campaign, Baker's demands for a new deal seem silly.

Thats because they are. He hasn't done jack **** to warrant more than what he makes per year ($1.5 million). The Jets obviously have no need for him with Bubba Franks and Dustin Keller in house, its just about finding someone to give them more than a Comp. Pick for him.

Thank you, finally somebody gets it:

Thats because they are. He hasn't done jack **** to warrant more than what he makes per year ($1.5 million). The Jets obviously have no need for him with Bubba Franks and Dustin Keller in house, its just about finding someone to give them more than a Comp. Pick for him.

I think it's because Chad has never used him properly. He locks into those nickel & dime dump offs, or the disastrous sideline out patterns which often result in six the other way. Baker has better than average hands for a TE and decent instinct and running skills; they just don't incorporate him into the offense enough. Guaranteed: Baker goes to another team, he becomes a star.

I think it's because Chad has never used him properly. He locks into those nickel & dime dump offs, or the disastrous sideline out patterns which often result in six the other way. Baker has better than average hands for a TE and decent instinct and running skills; they just don't incorporate him into the offense enough. Guaranteed: Baker goes to another team, he becomes a star.

Bet?

Baker is a decent TE. His numbers might go up if he went someplace else, but he will never sniff stardom.

Bet?

Baker is a decent TE. His numbers might go up if he went someplace else, but he will never sniff stardom.

I would take that bet...two cases of Barolo.:) Every game I watch where they have used him, he seems to make the catches and is pretty good after the catch. It's just my opinion, but I think the kid has talent.

Damnit, Baker is a good TE.. people need to start understanding this. He is very underrated and underutilized.

Baker is not a good TE. He is an adequate TE. He will be of some value to the Jets as a #3 when he finally gets his butt into camp.

Trade Baker? What do they think they would get for him? Nobody showed any interest two years ago when he was a FA. That's why he is still here with his current contract, which incidentally he redid in December.

I would take that bet...two cases of Barolo.:) Every game I watch where they have used him, he seems to make the catches and is pretty good after the catch. It's just my opinion, but I think the kid has talent.

Ha. Barolo is cheap here. You're easy. I think he has talent, but not star talent. He can catch, but doesn't separate and I haven't seen many YAC from him. Keller may or may not be a star, but IMO Baker will never be more than a decent starting TE. If anybody wants to rant that he could possibly be a pro bowler, remember that Richardson and Lorenzo Neal have made tons of pro bowls and they sure aren't stars.

Ha. Barolo is cheap here. You're easy. I think he has talent, but not star talent. He can catch, but doesn't separate and I haven't seen many YAC from him. Keller may or may not be a star, but IMO Baker will never be more than a decent starting TE. If anybody wants to rant that he could possibly be a pro bowler, remember that Richardson and Lorenzo Neal have made tons of pro bowls and they sure aren't stars.

I want to live anywhere Barolo is cheap. Are you in Italy? I respect your opinion, but I still think he has enough tools to be a star. I would love for you to be wrong and he just becomes a complete bitch of a TE for us.

Damnit, Baker is a good TE.. people need to start understanding this. He is very underrated and underutilized.

This article means nothing more to me than a big pile of dog poo. Just another writer barking calls from the backseat. Baker isn't going anywhere, and he will be with the team this year. He's going to outperform his contract and get what he wants by the end of the season. NEXT...

Just stop.

Whats wrong dont like ATTITUDE and BALLS on a team that desperately needs it.

Id like Shockey in Penningtons or Kellens face everytime they throw the blooper or make a crucial mistake.Instead we get Laverneus (I want a new contract boo hoo hoo Chads my buddy) bull****.

Until this team gets ATTITUDE and BALLS mediocrecy will be the norm!

Id like Shockey in Penningtons or Kellens face everytime they throw the blooper or make a crucial mistake.Instead we get Laverneus (I want a new contract boo hoo hoo Chads my buddy) bull****.

1) No way no how Baker for shockey ever happens. The Giants would need to be drunk for it to happen

2) Attitude and Balls is not always a good thing. Did you notice when Attitude and Balls was out for the season, all of a sudden the Giants played better?

1) No way no how Baker for shockey ever happens. The Giants would need to be drunk for it to happen

2) Attitude and Balls is not always a good thing. Did you notice when Attitude and Balls was out for the season, all of a sudden the Giants played better?

STOP You like many other Shockey haters use this an excuse. Did they really utilize the TE position as much as they did all season once Shockey went down.Manning barely looked for the TE unless he really had nowhere else to go.Coughlin stayed awy from TE plays.

And what do you think we're going to get for Baker, who when he was a RFA, noone wanted?

Actually it's worse; he was a UFA after the 2005 season. Came crawling back with his tail between his legs after not getting a single offer, then the Jets made him a multi-millionaire anyway, then gets half his 2008 salary up front & in advance, then he sits out.

I called this back when this first made news like the Tuesday before the draft. If he waited a week, the Jets might not have jumped on Keller. Either way, unless he felt there was a realistic chance of getting a deal done while the FO & coaches & scouts were all cramming for the draft like it was finals week, it served no purpose doing it then.

Baker's new agent sucks. He should have stuck with the old one that got him a multi-million dollar deal when there was zero demand for his services league-wide.

Actually it's worse; he was a UFA after the 2005 season. Came crawling back with his tail between his legs after not getting a single offer, then the Jets made him a multi-millionaire anyway, then gets half his 2008 salary up front & in advance, then he sits out.

I called this back when this first made news like the Tuesday before the draft. If he waited a week, the Jets might not have jumped on Keller. Either way, unless he felt there was a realistic chance of getting a deal done while the FO & coaches & scouts were all cramming for the draft like it was finals week, it served no purpose doing it then.

Baker's new agent sucks. He should have stuck with the old one that got him a multi-million dollar deal when there was zero demand for his services league-wide.

Yep.. Teams could have given a 3rd round pick for Baker and they didn't. Then he was a UFA, and nothing... so now you guys think we'll be able to deal him? heheheheh

I agree. The Jets are a better team with Baker. I hope he gets his ass back in camp. Clearly he and his agent miscalculated here. I'd be perfectly fine with the Jets offering him some token so he could save face and come in, but I know I'd be in the minority here. I also think it's highly unlikely.

I think he'll be back before the fine total gets too high. He's really only hurting himself the longer he stays out. He could end up cut and hoping for the NFL minimum somewhere else.

Baker a good Tight End? Really? Since when? :rl:

All I hear about is this guys "potential" and how he could "potentially" be a breakout star! Blah, blah, blah. Bull****. If this were true, we would've seen this potential flashed by now. He's adequate and not even worth what he makes already. There is a reason the Jets signed Franks and drafted Keller.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

Thats at you, not with you.

Yeah, ATTITUDE and BALLS, LMAO, I call that (What Schockey has) selfishness and attitude.

I think Baker has great hands. I would rather keep him than Papaw Franks. If a TE is here that was a bad move it wasnt either Keller nor Baker it is Franks...wtf? Franks? Why? Hes like 45. We dont need him.

:rl::rl::rl::rl:

Thats at you, not with you.

Yeah, ATTITUDE and BALLS, LMAO, I call that (What Schockey has) selfishness and attitude.

And PEACE be with you too................gangreenman.

ATTITUDE and BALLS reality check time I know those 2 words dont correspond with a person like you.Havent we been down this road before on another site.

I will support Shockey have since he played for the "U".

BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

And PEACE be with you too................gangreenman.

ATTITUDE and BALLS reality check time I know those 2 words dont correspond with a person like you.Havent we been down this road before on another site.

I will support Shockey have since he played for the "U".

BEEN THERE DONE THAT.

Do you ever actually think while you post? :shock:

Why do people only think a football player only has "balls" or "attitude" while playing if they act like petulant, undisciplined, immature children mugging for the camera?

Those who have obvious "attitude" too often need the word "problem" right after it to more accurately describe them.

Klecko had plenty of attitude & balls when he played. But I guess he seemed like he had less compared to Gastineau who danced around like a stupid child whenever he made a play. Did Martin lack attitude or balls because he didn't do a choreographed touchdown dance or flap incoherent jibberish out of his mouth every time the camera was on him?

What a ridiculous way to evaluate a player.

Archived