Manny is NOT in the lineup tonite for Boston

Green Jets & Ham

Wrong, Smizzy. Very wrong. I've been a BIG fan of the Patriots since '77 - saw some ugly, ugly seasons. I've been a fan of the Sox for almost as long. Saw some ugly, ugly heartbreak. I jumped off the Sox wagon this ONE time. And why? Because I was smart enough - and ethical enough - to see what the FO and the disgusting sports media in this town was doing to a man that does not have the capacity to defend himself. In my book, taking a stand against a terrible act is a sign of courage....so you can take that "fairweather" talk and stick in where the sun don't shine, Smizzer.

Side note - I don't remember you sticking up for Giambi. I don't remember you saying anything at all. The only poster here who did that was JonE. HE should be applauded for his loyalty to Giambi. No other Yank fan.

Oh, and pardon me for being loyal to Manny. Guess those loyalty kudos are a one-way street in the Bronx somewhere.

You & the rest of the fairweather Redsox fans....I find it pathetic you guys jumnped ship ,yet the same people bash Yankee fans for sticking behind Gimabi??

Thatsays alot about boston fans.

Wrong, Smizzy. Very wrong. I've been a BIG fan of the Patriots since '77 - saw some ugly, ugly seasons. I've been a fan of the Sox for almost as long. Saw some ugly, ugly heartbreak. I jumped off the Sox wagon this ONE time. And why? Because I was smart enough - and ethical enough - to see what the FO and the disgusting sports media in this town was doing to a man that does not have the capacity to defend himself. In my book, taking a stand against a terrible act is a sign of courage....so you can take that "fairweather" talk and stick in where the sun don't shine, Smizzer.

Side note - I don't remember you sticking up for Giambi. I don't remember you saying anything at all. The only poster here who did that was JonE. HE should be applauded for his loyalty to Giambi. No other Yank fan.

Oh, and pardon me for being loyal to Manny. Guess those loyalty kudos are a one-way street in the Bronx somewhere.

Im not taking credit for applauding giambi...i said burn his ass in the street for trying to cheat the game.

I never waivered.

Burn his ass....him and Bonds and sheffield...burn their asses.

Taking a stand and "jumping off the wagon" are 2 different things...you said the words not me...Stick that where ever you feel it will fit :wink:

I have no idea. I wasn't in the clubhouse. I do know that Millar is the idiot supreme - I take what he says and toss it away like I would the stories that come out of the mouth of Testeverde's biggest fan :wink: Anyway, that isn't the point. The point would be that those in glass houses should not throw stones. Wells' entire house is made of glass, I suspect.

Anyway - Ramirez is still a Red sox. He received a WELL DESERVED standing ovation when he came to the plate to pinch hit for Stern. 3-3 bottom of the eighth, two runners on - he hits a bloop single up the middle and gave the Sox a 4-3 lead going into the ninth.

So there - the best way to say FU to the scum Boston sports media and the Sox FO's smear campaign.

Guess I'm back on the wagon...... :lol:

Girl, you got that sex weed. I just want to hit it all the time. Sex so good that it gets me high.

Bring that home grown to me; girl you got that body.

Light it up, let me take a puff of your sex weed.

(sigh) I really wish you people knew your facts.

To all of you girls and guys killing David Wells:

He RIGHTFULLY criticized any $20 million per year player that would sit out of a game when he was so badly needed! He didnt mention Manny by name in that regard. How is that such a horrible thing to say? The phrases "Personal days off" and "$20 million per year" should not be mentioned in the same sentence.

Secondly, when he mentioned Manny, he said what a great hitter he is and how he is NEEDED by the Red Sox every day. Wells has an incentives-laden contract plus he is as competitive as anyone by nature. Excuse him for actually wanting/expecting to win every single time he's out there. The interview was great, no if/ands about it!

Wells, Schilling and Lucchino are jerks, period. Wells just likes to shoot off his mouth - much like Schilling and Lucchino do.

Did you hear 'bout the "confrontation" between Schill and Manny? Goes something like this:

Ortiz: Man this guy (Tampa Pitcher) has some nasty stuff.

Schill: Must be why Manny has the day off.

Manny: I can hit off anybody in the majors. I can hit off your ass, man.

So, Manny is a jackarse for taking the day off. Agreed. Schilling is a great guy for being a confrontational, arrogant man?

Again with the "Blue state-minded" spin. Look at how Garb articulates Manny's treachery:

"So Manny is (wrong) for taking a day off?"

Was it a day off...or was it a game where the pitcher was hit in the head with a scorching linedrive and nearly suffered a career-ending injury or worse AND when the RF went down with an injury as well? Nevertheless, Manny wasnt about to get off his fat ass and pick up a baseball bat. I still cant take MA residents yet...I need more than 3 days away from you people.

Then...we want to villify one of the guys that actually called Manny out for his treachery? Why am I not surprised. Of course we libs up here in MA are going to hate somebody that holds people accountable for their own actions. Life sucks when you are accountable. Its MUCH easier when you have the evil face of some corporate entity to villify (ie Larry Lucchino)

Excuse me for filtering through all the bullsh*t and coming to my own conclusions. Forgive me for not blindly towing the "company" line. Forgive me for having independent thought. Forgive me for having an opinion that does not mesh with yours. Forgive me for not being a sheep.....wait, a "red" sheep. :roll:

Archived