Things are looking alright for the Yanks...

AFJF

Been on vacation two of the last three weeks including the past eight days in the south of France with no internet access/newspapers/television so I just got in (after a 21 hour journey) and I see the Yanks picked up Sexson (saw that coming) and the bullpen is still looking great. Only 5.5 back with plenty of time to go.

The bullpen is looking great. All the need is for people to hit like they have hit in the past. If Damon gets back they will be in good shape. Maybe someday they will get Wang back and then things will be even better.

The bullpen is looking great. All the need is for people to hit like they have hit in the past. If Damon gets back they will be in good shape. Maybe someday they will get Wang back and then things will be even better.

Hells yes Max...a few clutch hits here and there and the Yanks are right back in it.

Hells yes Max...a few clutch hits here and there and the Yanks are right back in it.

Cano has his average at a pretty decent level right now. He is a big swinger, with that comes streaks. Hope this hot one lasts awile.

4.5 back at the end of the day? That doesn't sound so bad.

I still have a problem with this team not scoring runs, but since this is a great pitching team they faced in Oakland, I won't make too big a deal about it, but the hitting really needs to wake up.

With how many runners they have left on base in that 2nd game, I find it completely lucky that they swept this team.

Pitching will win us games though, and as long as our pitching keeps us in games, we will still be in the running as usual.

They have done well but the hitting with runners in scoring position continues to be an issue.

They really need to address that before the trade deadline. I don't think Sexon is the answer. He looks finished. (Steroids ?).

Still though only 4.5 out and a trip up to Fenway coming up this weekend with Ortiz returning most likely on Friday should make things really interesting.

Depending on the Yanks series with the Twinkies and Boston's series with Seattle, this weekend could be extra fun. If the Yanks crap the bed while the Sox beat up on the woeful Mariners, some of the wind will be taken out of it.

The Sawx fans will be on a tear after Papelbum ran his crybaby act. They ate that crap up.

Depending on the Yanks series with the Twinkies and Boston's series with Seattle, this weekend could be extra fun. If the Yanks crap the bed while the Sox beat up on the woeful Mariners, some of the wind will be taken out of it.

The Sawx fans will be on a tear after Papelbum ran his crybaby act. They ate that crap up.

Just like they eat up Youkilis' whiny bitch act.

I have no doubt the yanks will make a run for it but in the past all they had to do was get in second place. With the Rays and Bo Sox looking like they are in it for the long haul, i don't know if we'll be seeing pinstripes in October.

Never underestimate a payroll like the yankees but i hope they miss, give someone else a look in the playoffs, 13 years is a long enough streak.

Archived