Questions to be answered at Training Camp

lawngnome o-line

Hey JN,

If anyone has any specific questions about how any individual players are doing at Practice (at least through the weekend, and the other times I go), just leave them here and I'll try to answer as best as I can.

And for those who were still wondering, Pennington has a Brett Farve caliber arm and we are all in for big changes. :sarc:

He's running hard on every play, but he is undersized and to be honest, I don't know where his role will be with this team. Basically on any play he gets the ball, he runs hard into the hole and actually induces contact, often causing him and a offensive Lineman to hit the turf, something that does not happen often during training camp.

His best bet will be to make the team due to an injury to either Jones or Leon, but even then, the Jets will probably trade for or pick up someone in free agency to replace that running load.

Pace looks quick. He got held up by Brick in a 1 v 1 rush drill in the morning session, but pwned Keller in the afternoon session. At the snap of the ball he took one step to the right, Keller shifted his weight to the left, and Pace did a sweet spin move to the inside and would have hit the quarterback hard and fast for the sack. Keller has some working to do on his blocking, but for his receiving he will be the #1 option for the Jets. Made many catches in the seems, and even has been outrunning some of our corners in coverage. He literally looks like a McCareins on steroids based on his body shape, but no where close to his number predecessor in his hands and body control.

Jenkins is big and fast. On two seperate rushes it took Mangold a whole lot to keep him there in front of him, and on another he blew by Will Montgomery. I will keep an eye on him.

Gholston's first practice will be today. I'll take some pics and hopefully get an autograph as well.

Brick for the first time looks like he put on 10 15, let's just hope that doesn't slow down his first step.

Ainge needs to work on his mechanics including his footwork. He made a few nice passes as well

Henry only had 1 catch in the 11 v 11 during practice.

Haven't really noticed a whole lot from the other rookies, although I talked to Lowery, he said he was excited to be at camp, and was doing good (gave me an autograph)

From the photos I saw of Brick he looked as small as ever.

He'll never be really big. He just doesn't have the body type. But I agree with Lawn. He looked to me to have gained about 10 to 15 lbs. Which is at least something.

You loved him too and don't say you didn't. I've heard too many bad reports on the guy for me to like.

Favreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I never 'loved' him. I din't think he was as bad as some made out but never did I 'love' him. He showed some potential to be great and also showed the potential to be awful.

I haven't given up on him yet though, if he wins the job I'll be behind him 100%.

Well Jones has shown some good signs, and has handled the ball well from the backfield. He still looks ripped as all hell, and has caught the ball well out of the backfield (which is 70% of our offense).

The Safety next to Rhodes has been a mix of both Eric Smith and Elam, based on the day and the drill. I haven't really noticed anything much out of either of them, but will keep an eye on that spot a bit more on Sunday

Archived