Boston: The City of Champions

PatsFanTX

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_...porting_n ews/

August 2, 2005

ST. LOUIS --After a year in which the curse was reversed and the Patriots won the Super Bowl (again), Boston has earned its second straight designation as America's top sports city.

The Sporting News on Tuesday honored Boston for the third time in four years. The magazine's annual ranking is published in the edition available on newsstands Wednesday.

From some of your posts, it sure sounds like you have lost some of your "toys". :shock:

I hope you find them shortly. :wink:

all my toys are in tact and working fine...

you on the other hand should get a check -up because your "repeat" button seems to be stuck... we keep hearing the same thing over and over and over... either that or your batteries need changing ;)

Ssshhhh....this will burst that bubble that JBF lives in - but Boston's Golden Boy is Tom Brady!

BTW - Today is Brady's Birthday. Happy 28th Tommy!!!

Didn't the entire city of Boston just turn on it's golden boy?

As a message board buddy, Smizz, I must tell you that the new avatar is a BAD idea. Karma, my man, Karma. Never count the chikens before they hatch and never jinx your favorite player.

Just my two cents.

:shock: Ohhhh, that is SO true. I was thinking the same thing. She is right Smizz..at least remove the trophy.

As a message board buddy, Smizz, I must tell you that the new avatar is a BAD idea. Karma, my man, Karma. Never count the chikens before they hatch and never jinx your favorite player.

Just my two cents.

It was a gift made for me...How can i turn it down?

You know me...My avatar changes every week....i think it strikes fear in the hearts of you silly pats fans..

Ssshhhh....this will burst that bubble that JBF lives in - but Boston's Golden Boy is Tom Brady!

BTW - Today is Brady's Birthday. Happy 28th Tommy!!!

so Garbanza Beans...you think youre going to slip that one by me just because its posted in the Football Forum??? Contrary to popular belief...I do appear this page.

And contrary to YOUR belief and YOUR belief alone...Boston is a Red Sox town through and through. The Patsies are a distant second. The average Bostonian walking down Comm Ave will surely offer an opinion on Manny's recent treachery, whom the BoSox should pick up in the offseason, and weigh in on the Graffanino/Bellhorn debate.

The average Bostonian cant name 5 starting Patriots!!! You know Im right as usual.

Yeah yeah, I know...its because the Boston media promotes the Red Sox and purposefully and spitefully overshadows the Patsies...of course they do, hun!

Oh and one more thing, Garb...the average Bostonian would trade all 3 NEP S/B rings for one more W/S title.

BTW...David Ortiz is the Golden Boy

:lol: Actually, no it doesn't.

I have similar pictures of players with the Lombardi - a Lombardi they actually earned.

It was a gift made for me...How can i turn it down?

You know me...My avatar changes every week....i think it strikes fear in the hearts of you silly pats fans..

Wrong again, JBF! Tom Brady is the GOLDEN BOY. Name one time - ONE - where Tommy has been critised. Name one time when people were not in awe and falling all over themselves when he walks in a room. Name one instance where the pucblic doesn't adore him. Name one time that a teammate had something bad to say about him. Name all the mag covers he is in - and not just local crap. Name the man who is refered to in theh inside track more than any other. Yup - Brady. Name the one man that has an entire web-site dedicated to him - that got so popular they are no longer accepting members. Yup - that would be AbsoluteBrady.com

Put it this way, Schilling couldn't carry Brady's jock strap. I rather doubt that Papi could either. Tom's got that "it" factor. Papi - who is wonderful - isn't even in the same planet - star quality wise. C'mon now. Take off the Sox glasses for just a minute, would yah!

Plus, I suspect you are not your "average Bostonian" - call it a hunch. :mrgreen:

so Garbanza Beans...you think youre going to slip that one by me just because its posted in the Football Forum??? Contrary to popular belief...I do appear this page.

And contrary to YOUR belief and YOUR belief alone...Boston is a Red Sox town through and through. The Patsies are a distant second. The average Bostonian walking down Comm Ave will surely offer an opinion on Manny's recent treachery, whom the BoSox should pick up in the offseason, and weigh in on the Graffanino/Bellhorn debate.

The average Bostonian cant name 5 starting Patriots!!! You know Im right as usual.

Yeah yeah, I know...its because the Boston media promotes the Red Sox and purposefully and spitefully overshadows the Patsies...of course they do, hun!

Oh and one more thing, Garb...the average Bostonian would trade all 3 NEP S/B rings for one more W/S title.

BTW...David Ortiz is the Golden Boy

True, Brady gets a free ride from the Boston media, the same media you profess to despise.

But Tom Brady is the one moderately recognizable face on a boring-ass team that everyone in America outside of Boston is sick to death of and couldnt care less about!

America fell in love with the Red Sox last fall and the courtship has spilled over into this season. They make movies about the Red Sox freakin winning ONE title.

Maybe, ESPN2 will show a documentary on the Pats dynasty after midnight to lull people to sleep!

Garb, we all know your deal. It serves your purpose to profess the Patriots are superior to the Red Sox but nobody is buying it. In the NY-vs-Boston fued that is constatn fodder on this board, the Patriots come out on top and the Red Sox dont therefore, it behooves Bostonians to tout the Patriots and sweep the Red Sox under the carpet. But in the interests of fairness, I cant let you do that. As an outsider looking in...I hate both cities equally...I am one poster that can be impartial on this board.

NY is a baseball town and so is Boston

America fell in love with the Red Sox last fall and the courtship has spilled over into this season. They make movies about the Red Sox freakin winning ONE title.

LOL

get over yourself....Nobody gives a sh*t about the sox outside of boston.

LOL...you chump.

LOL

get over yourself....Nobody gives a Sh#t about the sox outside of boston.

LOL...you chump.

Haha your so right... there are a few here in new york but you go anywhere in the world and you will find Yankee fans. Sometimes you wouldn't even know the Yanks were on the road because the fans love them so much everywhere they go. Hell goto Japan and you will have people talking about the yankees. New York may be in a drought for Championships but New York is the greatest place on earth to root for a team.

Honestly you mentioned some street in boston and I was like "yeah I'm supposed to know about that" Go anywhere in the world and people will know what Wall Street is.

Bostonians are always comparing themselves to newyorkers because they're jealous. If boston or Mass. were to disappear off the map tommorow I don't think too many people would even notice.

Of course the rest of the world knows the ins-and-outs of NYC...they all want to blow it up! I wouldnt say its because theyre all die-hard Yankee fans.

Though I agree, if Massachusetts were to disappear off the face of the Earth...not only would nobody notice, the world would be a better place

You are such an 'EEI sheep, JBF! Are you Gerry Callahan's cousin?

And, please do not speculate about my intentions. I've been a Patriots fan for a long time - and I suspect that I was a Pats fan before you were a Sox fan. It has nothing to do with their current winning ways - and how it "trumps" NY. I just love my Pats. Truth be told, I think NYC is terrific. I think Boston is great too.

I think the world loved the Sox last year for two reasons - most of the country hates the Yankees and the Sox were colorful. - which makes me wonder. You call the Pats boring, yet you want to rid the Sox of it's color. Which one is it, Red?

And, speaking of the Pats - they will go down as one of the greatest teams in history. The Sox won't. But folks like you and the paid-for media will make you think they were :roll:

Personally, I wouldn't give up ONE Lombardi for last years WS Championship...or any succeeding one. I'm a football fan first, baseball second.

One last thing - please get off the high horse. I know many Sox fans. Some old, some new, some follow the team intently, some just wear the jersey. I bet YOU that most Sox players could walk into a movie, store, bar, whatever and not be bothered - besides Papi, Manny and Damon. I'd say Schilling - but that dude is so mean, people are too afraid to approach him.

Haha your so right... there are a few here in new york but you go anywhere in the world and you will find Yankee fans. Sometimes you wouldn't even know the Yanks were on the road because the fans love them so much everywhere they go. Hell goto Japan and you will have people talking about the yankees. New York may be in a drought for Championships but New York is the greatest place on earth to root for a team.

Honestly you mentioned some street in boston and I was like "yeah I'm supposed to know about that" Go anywhere in the world and people will know what Wall Street is.

Bostonians are always comparing themselves to newyorkers because they're jealous. If boston or Mass. were to disappear off the map tommorow I don't think too many people would even notice.

For someone that has actually been to about every corner of this planet, the Yankees are not the only team that 'travels' well. There are three teams I have never had trouble finding fans for. From anywhere in the good ol' US of A to South America, Europe or Asia, the Yankees, Red Sox and Cubbie fans are there.

JBF - I know we have talked about this before. Boston is a baseball town or more correctly the heart of the Red Sox Nation. There is no doubt about it. However, the Patriots have gotten a into the mix and their popularity in New England has risen. There are many factors. For the better part of the 90s, the Sox, Celts and Bruins were not very good while the Patriots began their rise from the doldrums. Football as a sport exploded and trampled baseball as America's past time. Again I am not saying that the Patriots are becoming New England's team or that they are even close to becoming New England's team.

What I am syaing is that I am like Garb, I have always preferred the Patriots over the Sox. I love all Boston teams, but for me, the Patriots have always been number one. If there are two of us, there are more. Given the circumstances above, I think the current generation of Chowds have a more evenly split of love for the Sox and Patriots.

The Sox are still number 1, but there stranglehold is not as great as it once was.

I'll grant you the the Patsies have rapidly risen over the recent run of titles to # 2 in Boston...but they remain a distant #2 and this is about as close as they will ever get.

Garb is trying to sell it as the Patriots are #1 in Boston which is beyond ridiculous! I believe there are people like you 2 that actually regard the Patriots as number 1. There are probably hundreds of you out there...OK, tens of you...but still, youre out there.

But lets not go crazy annointing the Patsies as #1 in Boston. Basically, lets try to keep a leash on Garbanza Beans.

I'll grant you the the Patsies have rapidly risen over the recent run of titles to # 2 in Boston...but they remain a distant #2 and this is about as close as they will ever get.

Garb is trying to sell it as the Patriots are #1 in Boston which is beyond ridiculous! I believe there are people like you 2 that actually regard the Patriots as number 1. There are probably hundreds of you out there...OK, tens of you...but still, youre out there.

But lets not go crazy annointing the Patsies as #1 in Boston. Basically, lets try to keep a leash on Garbanza Beans.

I agree, but like I said the distance between the teams respective popularity are closer now then any point in New England sports history.

When the next head to head game (minus playoff's) occurs between the Sox/Pats - check the TV ratings which are posted two days after, then get back to be, JBF. :roll:

Lets compare the fanbases, shall we?

1) Pats fans - hardy souls. Who else would sit in those aluminum seats at the old Foxboro Stadium when the Pats suffered through 2-14 seasons? Who else goes to a game where the temperatures are 15 degrees below zero? Who attends a game in a blizzard? Pats fans.

2) Sox fans - a good portion of which don't know the difference between a knuckleball and a fastball. Many of which treat a game as a social event - clapping and standing only when prompted too. Sox fans who are more interested in besting the Yankees than winning it all. Sheep. Angry sheep, actually.

LOL

get over yourself....Nobody gives a Sh#t about the sox outside of boston.

LOL...you chump.

Sorry, but I have to disagree, am a redsox fan and just recently went to a sox/philly game and there were 95% sox fans in the stands, really, the commentators kept referring to it... I also spend lots of time on Marco Island FLA and there is a huge red sox following there.... FYI... :P

Archived