Patriots moving up to #1 pick in the draft

RichardSeymour

Well, probably not. 99.99999% chance this is bull**** but what the hell, it might start some discussion....

Interesting NFL news...........

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ESPN News reported: that A.Thomas is close to signing a deal with Eagles to challenge Westbrook and newly signed RB Blylock for the starting pos.

ESPN News reported: The Vikings are looking to trade RB M. Bennet and a 2nd round Draft pick to the Cardnials for WR A.Boldin

ESPN News reported: Colts RB E. James is intrested in being traded to the Dolphins with Colts permission to seek a trade

ESPN News Reported: Free Agent WR David Terrel was close to a deal with the Dallas Cowboys

ESPN News Reports: OLB T. Polley, S. Rolle are being strongly chased by the Chicago Bears and Bears GM's are still in contact with WR Plaxico Burress and Kurt Warner

ESPN Reports: The Vikings are at the top of the list of for the siging of OLB T.Polley

NFL Radio Reports: Green Bay was show intrest in the following players, David Terrel WR, S. Alexander TE, S. Rolle CB and also resiging S D. Sharper

NFL Network reports: New England and San Fransico are close to an undisclosed deal which would give NE the top Draft pick and AZ a player TBA, 1st rd pick and 2nd rd pick

Again, you have to admire the fact that the Pats are never content with the players they have, unlike Polian.

From a Colts messageboard.

Absolute garbage but, hey, why not have fun speculating....

WHY would the Pats want the first pick? To draft Braylon Edwardss? I don't get it.

All I can think is... trade down with Cleveland to #3, get Cleveland's 2nd rounder (#35 overall). Cleveland takes QB, Miami takes Benson, Pats have their choice of WR, Derrick Johnson, young RB, whatever.

BB would have to believe there was a once in a decade type player to do this....

this rumor has GOT to be bull****

Surprisingly though I think we could survive Seymour's departure rather well... we are SO freaking deep at DL... but I do NOT want that to happen. [-o<[-o<

Consensus is if this was SOMEHOW remotely true, my namesake would have to be the player involved.

That's the first thing that popped into my head RS.

How the hell would the Pats ever be able to sign the overall #1 pick?

Hell, the damn guy would be a hold-out until the 2011 season.

Ain't gonna happen.

Maybe it's Brady?

Could his contract demands be too high?

Just speculating also.....

Can't be.

1) Patriots and Brady's agent are said to be VERY close and by all accounts everything is going smoothly.

2) We wouldn't send Brady, our 1st, and our 2nd for the #1 overall. I think it's pretty obvious we'd deal Brady alone for the #1 AND something.

Well the real question is what do they want at the top of the draft. Consensus says that the top 2 picks are QB's. Hmmmmmmm.......... 30 million guarenteed for Brady or 15 for Alex Smith and Rohan Davey starting for a year?

The chances of the Pats trading to get the #1 are about as good as my becoming a Jets fan - "Nevah"

Just heard an interview with an Andruzzi Brother (NYFD)- he sounded disappointed and a little upset. Said he will miss NE and the incredible fans. Said that the Pats didn't "respect" his brother by coming close to matching the Cleveland deal.

What if they swing this deal, get the #1 pick and then deal it away on draft day???????????

Still ain't happening.

Unless there is a mystery player that has jumped up out at them that we don't know about. Alas D Rob from 2 years ago for the Jets.

What would make the most sense is Patriots trading the #1 to Cleveland for the #3 and the #35.

Cleveland takes QB

Miami takes QB or Benson

NE takes a player Belichick thinks is superspecial

Candidates:

LB Derrick Johnson

WR Mike Williams

Less likely:

WR Braylon Edwards

RB Ronnie Brown

RB Cadillac Williams

No way. I just don't see it happening even if they recoup the 2nd. Not for those names with our needs.

This rumor is Garbage.

I figured it out-- Belichick is screwing with Bradway's mind again like they did with Drob: making it sound like the Pats are inches away from getting the top pick so Bradway trades Vilma and his entire draft to "beat" the Pats. :lol:

What would make the most sense is Patriots trading the #1 to Cleveland for the #3 and the #35.

Cleveland takes QB

Miami takes QB or Benson

NE takes a player Belichick thinks is superspecial

Candidates:

LB Derrick Johnson

WR Mike Williams

Less likely:

WR Braylon Edwards

RB Ronnie Brown

RB Cadillac Williams

No way. I just don't see it happening even if they recoup the 2nd. Not for those names with our needs.

This rumor is Garbage.

What about Antrell Rolle from the U?

I figured it out-- Belichick is screwing with Bradway's mind again like they did with Drob: making it sound like the Pats are inches away from getting the top pick so Bradway trades Vilma and his entire draft to "beat" the Pats. :lol:

:lol::lol:

Watch the Derrick Johnson video.

Again, that's the only player I'd be half convinced they might do this for.

I've read in more than one place that Derrick Johnson is kind of a finesse player and doesn't like to be blocked. I don't know if Beli would handle that well in NE.

I've read in more than one place that Derrick Johnson is kind of a finesse player and doesn't like to be blocked. I don't know if Beli would handle that well in NE.

Hmm, no that doesn't sound right.

And Braylon bought himself a freaking Bentley already and may have some ego issues. Doesn't ring right for me there.

The only way this would happen is if the player involved is Brady....yup, I said it. Brady is from San Mateo......Anyway, Kraft may let BB handle all Football operations - but he didn't become a disgustingly rich businessman by being stupid. Brady IS the franchise....why start all over with a #1 pick QB? Beyond stupid....almost as dumb as the fact I just wasted a few minutes typing this!

This rumor is hogwash. NE (or SF's) way of generating trade-talks.

The only way this would happen is if the player involved is Brady....yup, I said it. Brady is from San Mateo......Anyway, Kraft may let BB handle all Football operations - but he didn't become a disgustingly rich businessman by being stupid. Brady IS the franchise.

This rumor is hogwash. NE (or SF's) way of generating trade-talks.

Well, although I disagree since the reality is that Kraft, like Woody was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. I agree he is a good business man and realizes that giving a system QB a gigantic bonus is foolish.

Archived