joiseyjet represents at the Anti-PSL Rally

TaborJet

Yes thats the plan the Giants put out,you get three payments ,not including your reg. season ticket bill either (1)20% of the total amout is due by Oct. 2008, (2nd installment is the next 40% of the due balence is due in Aug. of 2009 & the last 40 % that is left is due in Aug.2010 right before the new stadium opens. No one thinks they have 5 years Murph ,but that doesn`t mean we might beable to convince our Billionaire owners to try and work with us a little bit ,just think about what an incredible PR move it would be for the owners if they let the fans pay them $2,500 a year interest free on the balence of their bill if they owe $20,000 give them 8 years to pay it off ,$10,000 4 years to pay it off $5,000 2 years, you get it .All I am asking is to make it reasonable so us slowly disapearing middle class folks can afford to keep their tix. without choosing between your kids education or JET TIX. And if woody meets with me ,I`ll tell him how to make money doing it so everybody wins (not that woody needs me) but at least I am trying to do something

That is a pretty good post actually. They can win from a PR standpoint by just extending the years, giving Jets fans longer to pay it off than Giants fans.

the reason why PSLs exist are not to screw the fans

the NFL has a rule that the teams can't carry significant debt to the league for more than a year or so

that's why PSLs came about - to allow the teams to pay back the league ASAP.

granted the Jets and Giants are part of the league that made the rule - so maybe that's not an excuse

but still it's a rule - can anyone else can think of a way for the Jets to pay back 300 million dollars in a year without PSL's?

or do we assume because Woody is really rich he can foot the bill all by himself?

as for the "extend" idea - there will be extending it's called credit cards. If you put the PSL on the credit card ( i assume there will be some sort of Jets credit card available) you can extend it for as long as you want and pay the interest.

one final point I don't think people want to consider that 1) the current stadium was not fine, at least not from a financial perspective and 2) the new stadium will be a great place to watch football.

the reason why PSLs exist are not to screw the fans

the NFL has a rule that the teams can't carry significant debt to the league for more than a year or so

that's why PSLs came about - to allow the teams to pay back the league ASAP.

granted the Jets and Giants are part of the league that made the rule - so maybe that's not an excuse

but still it's a rule - can anyone else can think of a way for the Jets to pay back 300 million dollars in a year without PSL's?

or do we assume because Woody is really rich he can foot the bill all by himself?

as for the "extend" idea - there will be extending it's called credit cards. If you put the PSL on the credit card ( i assume there will be some sort of Jets credit card available) you can extend it for as long as you want and pay the interest.

one final point I don't think people want to consider that 1) the current stadium was not fine, at least not from a financial perspective and 2) the new stadium will be a great place to watch football.

First of Bitonti ,I said it Should be interest free as Fans are paying for something they never have before & since you want me to go through this again I will explain how they get the money 1st the NFL WILL GIVE $150 MILLION EACH TO THE JETS & giants to help build the stadium there is your 1st 300 MILLION ,NOW THE NEW STADIUM WILL GET A MINIMUM OF 30 MILLION PER YEAR FOR THE NAMING RIGHTS OVER THE 30YEAR LIFE OF THE STADIUM THAT WILL RAISE 900 MILLION DOLLARS ALONE ,NEXT EACH OF THE 4 ENTRANCES WILL GET A MINIMUM OF 5MILLION PER YEAR x THE 4 ENTRANCES THAT WILL BRING IN 20 MILLION PER YEAR x30 YEARS IS ANOTHER 600 MILLION DOLLARS THAT PUTS US AT 900 MILLION ST.NAMING, 600MILLION GATE ENTRANCES , 300 MILLION FROM THE NFL BUILDING CASH,TOTAL SO FAR THATS 1.8 BILLION RAISED SO FAR THEN WE WILL HAVE THE 4 GIANT SCOREBOARDS INSIDE THE STADIUM LETS SAY THEY WILL GET 2.5 MILLION PER YEAR EACH FOR THEIR NAMING RIGHT THATS 10 MILLION MORE PER YEAR X 30 YEARS IS ANOTHER 300 MILLION THAT PUTS US AT 2.1 BILLION ,THESE ARE MINMUM FEES ,YOU DO THESE IN 5 YEAR LEASES FOR EACH OF THEM PAYABLE UPFRONT (IF THEY WANT ME TO PAY UP FRONT THEY CAN TO ) AT THE END OF EACH 5 YEARS WHEN YOU PUT IN THE NEW 5 YEAR LEASE YOU RAISE BY THE COST OF YOUR INTEREST YOU`VE PAID X 2 .yOU DON`T WANT ME TO GO ON FOREVER HERE BUT I HAVE OTHER IDEAS on how to get & still make everyone money & help the fans but I would like Woody to talk to me on this one.

First of Bitonti ,I said it Should be interest free as Fans are paying for something they never have before & since you want me to go through this again I will explain how they get the money 1st the NFL WILL GIVE $150 MILLION EACH TO THE JETS & giants to help build the stadium there is your 1st 300 MILLION ,NOW THE NEW STADIUM WILL GET A MINIMUM OF 30 MILLION PER YEAR FOR THE NAMING RIGHTS OVER THE 30YEAR LIFE OF THE STADIUM THAT WILL RAISE 900 MILLION DOLLARS ALONE ,NEXT EACH OF THE 4 ENTRANCES WILL GET A MINIMUM OF 5MILLION PER YEAR x THE 4 ENTRANCES THAT WILL BRING IN 20 MILLION PER YEAR x30 YEARS IS ANOTHER 600 MILLION DOLLARS THAT PUTS US AT 900 MILLION ST.NAMING, 600MILLION GATE ENTRANCES , 300 MILLION FROM THE NFL BUILDING CASH,TOTAL SO FAR THATS 1.8 BILLION RAISED SO FAR THEN WE WILL HAVE THE 4 GIANT SCOREBOARDS INSIDE THE STADIUM LETS SAY THEY WILL GET 2.5 MILLION PER YEAR EACH FOR THEIR NAMING RIGHT THATS 10 MILLION MORE PER YEAR X 30 YEARS IS ANOTHER 300 MILLION THAT PUTS US AT 2.1 BILLION ,THESE ARE MINMUM FEES ,YOU DO THESE IN 5 YEAR LEASES FOR EACH OF THEM PAYABLE UPFRONT (IF THEY WANT ME TO PAY UP FRONT THEY CAN TO ) AT THE END OF EACH 5 YEARS WHEN YOU PUT IN THE NEW 5 YEAR LEASE YOU RAISE BY THE COST OF YOUR INTEREST YOU`VE PAID X 2 .yOU DON`T WANT ME TO GO ON FOREVER HERE BUT I HAVE OTHER IDEAS on how to get & still make everyone money & help the fans but I would like Woody to talk to me on this one.

joisey i understand you have some very strong opinions but nothing in that above post gets 300 million to the NFL in 1 year. You are putting these numbers out there but the Jets don't have all that time to pay down the debt. This isn't like buying a house and getting a 30 year mortgage, all of the money that the league uses to lend out to build new stadiums is currently lent out to the Jets and the Giants - and if they don't pay back fast that capital fund cannot be used to build any other stadiums in any other cities.

joisey i understand you have some very strong opinions but nothing in that above post gets 300 million to the NFL in 1 year. You are putting these numbers out there but the Jets don't have all that time to pay down the debt. This isn't like buying a house and getting a 30 year mortgage, all of the money that the league uses to lend out to build new stadiums is currently lent out to the Jets and the Giants - and if they don't pay back fast that capital fund cannot be used to build any other stadiums in any other cities.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer the basic question of why the fans need to fund a new stadium. We buy the tickets to the event, that should be our contribution. i don't contribute to the building of a new movie theater or a new restaurant, I merely buy their product. If you want to charge a seat license, then I want to be able to buy Springsteen tix or any other tix that are sold for the seat that I bought the license for.

Ever heard of something called the "Time value of money"? If they collect 60M a year using all those naming rights you talk about, for 30 years, sure, it's 1.8B. However, 60M in 2038 is far less than 60M now. So in other words, the 60M in 2038 will be more like 15M now.

That's all well and good, but it doesn't answer the basic question of why the fans need to fund a new stadium. We buy the tickets to the event, that should be our contribution. i don't contribute to the building of a new movie theater or a new restaurant, I merely buy their product. If you want to charge a seat license, then I want to be able to buy Springsteen tix or any other tix that are sold for the seat that I bought the license for.

OK, so you want to fund with ticket prices only, right?

Fair enough.

No PSLs, but the $100 seats now cost $200... There goes your $1K PSL, the team gets it's $1,000 in 1 year, and you pay MORE in the long run.

If you want to charge a seat license, then I want to be able to buy Springsteen tix or any other tix that are sold for the seat that I bought the license for.

In most stadiums that would work. In the Jets/Giants stadium it would not. Who gets the ticket the guy with the Giants season ticket or the guy with the Jets season ticket.

At the Boston Garden you can't buy a luxury box (similar to a PSL) for just the Celtics or just the Bruins you need to buy both. (Granted you could find someone to split it with if you wanted)

It would make sense for PLS holders to get first crack at tickets for non-football events, and they should do that. But there are limits that exist in this stadium that doesn't exist else where.

If Springsteen was playing for two nights you could have it so Jets fans get first refusal on there seat on Friday and the Giants on Saturday, but if he is doing only one show that can't work.

Fair enough.

No PSLs, but the $100 seats now cost $200... There goes your $1K PSL, the team gets it's $1,000 in 1 year, and you pay MORE in the long run.

Baloney, ticket prices will increase almost every year any way, guaranteed. If I get a note with the bill that guarantees that ticket prices will be frozen, then I will come on here and do a public mea culpa

Once again they are supposed to get that money from the NFL UPFRONT $150 MILLION TO THE jets & 150 million to the giants that adds up to $300,000,000 in 1 year & again if they do all the naming rights in 5 year lease`s & have them pay at the beginning of each lease 30 million X 5 years is another $150,000,000 a year ,the 4 gate/entrances naming rights at 8 million each is another 30 million per year x 5 is another 150 million up front between those 2 naming rights alone we just got another 300 million up front for those 5 year leases`,now the 4 score boards inside lets make them 5 million each too they are gonna get more air time then anything with showing the scores & replays thats another 20 million per year X that 5 year lease thats another 100 million up front So far I have come up with 700 million up front ,Now keep in mind with all this I never said I didn`t think there should be any PSL ALL I WAS ASKING FOR was for Woody & his GREEDY GREENIES to make it payments affordable & interest free so we can keep our present tickets

Baloney, ticket prices will increase almost every year any way, guaranteed. If I get a note with the bill that guarantees that ticket prices will be frozen, then I will come on here and do a public mea culpa

I agree, tickets will increase every year.

But no PSLs means a drastic increase this year to cover the lost PSL $...

I never ever said tickets will be frozen.

In most stadiums that would work. In the Jets/Giants stadium it would not. Who gets the ticket the guy with the Giants season ticket or the guy with the Jets season ticket.

At the Boston Garden you can't buy a luxury box (similar to a PSL) for just the Celtics or just the Bruins you need to buy both. (Granted you could find someone to split it with if you wanted)

It would make sense for PLS holders to get first crack at tickets for non-football events, and they should do that. But there are limits that exist in this stadium that doesn't exist else where.

If Springsteen was playing for two nights you could have it so Jets fans get first refusal on there seat on Friday and the Giants on Saturday, but if he is doing only one show that can't work.

That is definitely a problem, but when PSL's first came on the scene (can't remember when) one of the biggest selling points was the availablilty of other tickets. Without that right, it is just an usurious tax on the season ticket holders. If the Gambino family owned the Jets, there would be a RICO investigation for extortion.

Once again they are supposed to get that money from the NFL UPFRONT $150 MILLION TO THE jets & 150 million to the giants that adds up to $300,000,000 in 1 year & again if they do all the naming rights in 5 year lease`s & have them pay at the beginning of each lease 30 million X 5 years is another $150,000,000 a year ,the 4 gate/entrances naming rights at 8 million each is another 30 million per year x 5 is another 150 million up front between those 2 naming rights alone we just got another 300 million up front for those 5 year leases`,now the 4 score boards inside lets make them 5 million each too they are gonna get more air time then anything with showing the scores & replays thats another 20 million per year X that 5 year lease thats another 100 million up front So far I have come up with 700 million up front ,Now keep in mind with all this I never said I didn`t think there should be any PSL ALL I WAS ASKING FOR was for Woody & his GREEDY GREENIES to make it payments affordable & interest free so we can keep our present tickets

Why should payments be interest free? He'd have to borrow money to cover the cost of the PSLs to write off his NFL debt... which means he'd pay interest most likely.

Look guys... PSls are reality, and the teams are in business to make MONEY. If they choose to use PSLs, that's their choice. It's your choice to not pay it and not go to games.

That is definitely a problem, but when PSL's first came on the scene (can't remember when) one of the biggest selling points was the availablilty of other tickets. Without that right, it is just an usurious tax on the season ticket holders. If the Gambino family owned the Jets, there would be a RICO investigation for extortion.

I agree the absences of that feature greatly diminishes the value of there PSLs.

But it is not extortion. Nobody is forcing you to be a season ticket holder. I would love to own season tickets to the Patriots. I can't afford them. That doesn't make me less of fan or the Patriots management evil.

If you feel the PSLs are unfair, protest by not buying them. If every single Jets fan refused to buy PSLs they would go away. But we know that won't happen. Because for every person current season ticket holder who is unwilling to pay for a PSL there are several people who don't have tickets and want them that will, even with the missing PSL benefit of other events. With most items the person who is willing to pay the most gets the item, not the person who started shopping at that store the first.

Fair enough.

I would pay $230 for my $115 seat if they will drop the proposed $7,000 PSL. Sign me up.

Either way we just need the real #s. This speculation sucks...

I would pay $230 for my $115 seat if they will drop the proposed $7,000 PSL. Sign me up.

but is the $115 seat going to get a 7K PSL? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

Why should payments be interest free? He'd have to borrow money to cover the cost of the PSLs to write off his NFL debt... which means he'd pay interest most likely.

Look guys... PSls are reality, and the teams are in business to make MONEY. If they choose to use PSLs, that's their choice. It's your choice to not pay it and not go to games.

And since you choose to be an A$$HOLE it was your choice ,It should be interest free because the JETS & GIANTS have made a small fourtune over the past decades on the present site that us taxpayers paid to have built (B) For PSL`s we are supposed to get the right of 1st refuseall to any ticket to ANY event sold there before the generall public to the seat we are purchasing because they are doing this with two teams ,they arenot going to be able to do that now are they so LEGALY they should not be able to call these PSL`S .THE BOTTOM LINE IS THERE IS ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY TO BUILD THIS STADIUM IN THE FIRST PLACE ,SECOND THE ALMOST DOUBLED THE ORIGINAL PRICE FROM $800,000 TO 1.4 BILLION in like a 8 month period with no upgrades of anysort posted with no DOME Which with a DOME WOULD BRING IN ABOUT 1/2 OF 1 BILLION DOLLARS FOR THE 1ST SB in the NYC AREA AND THEY WOULD PROBOBLY HAVE 1 THERE EVERY 5 YEARS And I can show how to make money & give the fans an interest free deal ,when WOODY chooses to meet with me for 30 minutes.

And since you choose to be an A$$HOLE it was your choice ,It should be interest free because the JETS & GIANTS have made a small fourtune over the past decades on the present site that us taxpayers paid to have built (B) For PSL`s we are supposed to get the right of 1st refuseall to any ticket to ANY event sold there before the generall public to the seat we are purchasing because they are doing this with two teams ,they arenot going to be able to do that now are they so LEGALY they should not be able to call these PSL`S .THE BOTTOM LINE IS THERE IS ENOUGH MONEY TO PAY TO BUILD THIS STADIUM IN THE FIRST PLACE ,SECOND THE ALMOST DOUBLED THE ORIGINAL PRICE FROM $800,000 TO 1.4 BILLION in like a 8 month period with no upgrades of anysort posted with no DOME Which with a DOME WOULD BRING IN ABOUT 1/2 OF 1 BILLION DOLLARS FOR THE 1ST SB in the NYC AREA AND THEY WOULD PROBOBLY HAVE 1 THERE EVERY 5 YEARS And I can show how to make money & give the fans an interest free deal ,when WOODY chooses to meet with me for 30 minutes.

I'm an *******, why? Because I don't agree with you? There are many reasons why I'm an *******, but not agreeing with someone shouldn't be a reason.

Now, onto the PSLs. Who says you get right of 1st refusal of anything? PSL, just like anything else, is a contract. If the contract doesn't say you get right of 1st refusal, then you don't.

OK, so we'll rename these PSLs to NYJSLs.. same charge. Feel better?

As for the price increase of the stadium..welcome to union construction in NJ.

but is the $115 seat going to get a 7K PSL? I don't think so, but I could be wrong.

No I spun it a bit. On the Giants site seats that the Jets currently charge $115 for (mezz) are listed at $400 face with $7,000 PSL.

let me say one more thing

without a new stadium, no Brett Farve

it's that simple

people can say the current stadium is fine... but without the PSLs and the new stadium looming the Jets wouldn't have cut all the stops to make 2008 special

we all will complain about PSLs and rightfully so

but we will also all enjoy it when Farve throws a TD Chad could only dream about

want to play with the big boys ya gotta pay big boy prices. keeping Giants Stadium forever, the roster would have been mediocre forever.

That is how BOB KRAFT did it .He added $70 over a 2 year period to all ticket prices basicly that was his $70 per ticket PSL now instead of a 1 time fee this goes forever ,but lets look how this deal it worked out for everyone $70 X 10 games a year min. 8 reg. 2 pre. is a $700 a year PSL .Now my present PSL ticket price according toGiant Prices is going to be $5,000per seat X my 4 seats thats a 1 time fee (HOPEFULLY) over the 30 year lifespan of the new stadium of $20,000 lets look at what Kraft is getting for the same seats & time period A $70 PSL X 10 GAMES A YR. =$700 A YR. PSL. per ticket X 30 YEARS = A $21,000 PSL per ticket over the same time period X my 4 seats would be a $84,000 PSL equivalint,but everyone swears Bob Kraft never charged a PSL cause he didn`t do it the normal way & aside from fans paying close to an extra $60,000 this way at a lousey extra $700 per year Every fan in the stadium could afford it.

let me say one more thing

without a new stadium, no Brett Farve

it's that simple

people can say the current stadium is fine... but without the PSLs and the new stadium looming the Jets wouldn't have cut all the stops to make 2008 special

we all will complain about PSLs and rightfully so

but we will also all enjoy it when Farve throws a TD Chad could only dream about

want to play with the big boys ya gotta pay big boy prices. keeping Giants Stadium forever, the roster would have been mediocre forever.

Iagree with you 1000% about no-way would Woody have spent the cash on the OFF. & DEF. LINES 140 MILLION or Brett Farve without trying to justify the PSL`s ,but the problem is unless we win the SB this season ,unfourtunetly Brett probobly won`t be here next season ,forget about him being here in 2010 to open the new stadium ,Bretts here so we`ll mail that first deposit on the PSL`s prob. due in Oct. like the G-men.

That is how BOB KRAFT did it .He added $70 over a 2 year period to all ticket prices basicly that was his $70 per ticket PSL now instead of a 1 time fee this goes forever ,but lets look how this deal it worked out for everyone $70 X 10 games a year min. 8 reg. 2 pre. is a $700 a year PSL .Now my present PSL ticket price according toGiant Prices is going to be $5,000per seat X my 4 seats thats a 1 time fee (HOPEFULLY) over the 30 year lifespan of the new stadium of $20,000 lets look at what Kraft is getting for the same seats & time period A $70 PSL X 10 GAMES A YR. =$700 A YR. PSL. per ticket X 30 YEARS = A $21,000 PSL per ticket over the same time period X my 4 seats would be a $84,000 PSL equivalint,but everyone swears Bob Kraft never charged a PSL cause he didn`t do it the normal way & aside from fans paying close to an extra $60,000 this way at a lousey extra $700 per year Every fan in the stadium could afford it.

Your math is big time flawed.

5K * 4 = 20K for the PSLs, that's right.

$70 per seat * 4 seats * 30 years * 10 games = 84K, not 21K.

So if you'd rather pay 84K over 20K, enjoy.

Iagree with you 1000% about no-way would Woody have spent the cash on the OFF. & DEF. LINES 140 MILLION or Brett Farve without trying to justify the PSL`s ,but the problem is unless we win the SB this season ,unfourtunetly Brett probobly won`t be here next season ,forget about him being here in 2010 to open the new stadium ,Bretts here so we`ll mail that first deposit on the PSL`s prob. due in Oct. like the G-men.

i dunno - the way people train, with the growth hormone and what not Farve could be here 2 or 3 years - it's not unthinkable - obviously when he's 50 his bones turn to dust (see Clemens, Roger) but the now will be fun.

Even if the Jets don't win the Super Bowl, they will be a much better team, fun to watch and that's more than what we could have expected last year.

So you are expecting no ticket increases for the next 30 years with PSL's?

My math isn`t flawed thats exactly what it said =$21,000 per ticket X my 4 tickets = $84,000 ,would I rather pay it ,is not the point ,the point was is (A ) if you ask most Pats fans they will tell you that Kraft "NEVER" charged a PSL and they were ok with the raise in ticket prices & (B)if you asked the AVG. SEASON TICKET HOLDER here which of these 2 plans would give them a better chance of keeping their tickets ,I would bet most would say Krafts plan © Yes ticket prices will go up ,but once he put in that $70 PSL it`s there forever, each year or 2 that $5 & $10 increase is avg.

My math isn`t flawed thats exactly what it said =$21,000 per ticket X my 4 tickets = $84,000 ,would I rather pay it ,is not the point ,the point was is (A ) if you ask most Pats fans they will tell you that Kraft "NEVER" charged a PSL and they were ok with the raise in ticket prices & (B)if you asked the AVG. SEASON TICKET HOLDER here which of these 2 plans would give them a better chance of keeping their tickets ,I would bet most would say Krafts plan © Yes ticket prices will go up ,but once he put in that $70 PSL it`s there forever, each year or 2 that $5 & $10 increase is avg.

No, you tried to pass it off as 21K v 20K.

But the reality is, it's 84K v 20K.

Now try to spin your way out of it anyway you wish, but the fact is, you said 21v20 and that was misleading!

No, you tried to pass it off as 21K v 20K.

But the reality is, it's 84K v 20K.

Now try to spin your way out of it anyway you wish, but the fact is, you said 21v20 and that was misleading!

I was compairing the 2 you A$$ ,& once again I WILL RIGHT AGAIN MAYBE YOU CAN READ THIS TIME ,WHAT I was compareing was a $70 per game X 10 games a year = a $700 PSL installed by Kraft ,now since the $,5,000 the Giants will charge for where my 4 seats are our present PSL WOULD BE A 1 TIME FEE OF 20,000,NOW SINCE THE LAST STADIUM LASTED OVER 30 YEARS THE NEW 1.4 BILLION DOLLAR 1 SHOULD LAST AS LONG , SO Iwas explaining to these people who said kraft didn`t install a PSL THAT $700 A YEAR X 30 YEARS = $21,000 PER TICKET (GO BACK & READ THIS AGAIN IT SAYS PER TICKET X MY 4 TICKETS = 84,000 ,There is nothing miss leading about what i`ve written ,the only thing miss leading around here is a BUNCH OF BILLIONAIRES CRYING POOR WHEN THIS STADIUM WILL HAVE OVER 2 BILLION DOLLARS IN REVENUE COMMING IN.

Archived