I like Mangini and all...

Matt39

His biggest selling point is speed. I know he bench presses Rhode Island but he is supposed to be fast. He did not forget how to run. That will come. I have not seen it yet, but he is out there trying to figure things out. I have seen this before. No one can make a determination at this point. When he finally plays fast, we will know.

I'm not making a determination, but simply pointing out that VGhol would have been a poor fit in NE when they need LB's that can think on their feet now. Not 3 years from today. Particulary a top 10 pick who is expected to play from day 1.

Lets face it? OSU players arent the sharpest pencils in the box.

How is he struggling? He doesnt have one season game under his belt. he also missed OTA's. How is he struggling? of course we would like him to dominate now, but this is work in progress. its not like mangini is out there saying that this guy simply cant pick up and understand the playbook.

P.S. You sound like a Pats fan (Hater).

It sounds like he is struggling to understand the mental part of the game. If his production is lackluster this season he will be deemed a poor pick at # 6.

The Jets are built to win right now.

I'm not making a determination, but simply pointing out that VGhol would have been a poor fit in NE when they need LB's that can think on their feet now. Not 3 years from today. Particulary a top 10 pick who is expected to play from day 1.

Lets face it? OSU players arent the sharpest pencils in the box.

You wanted Gholston IIRC. Not that it matters.

Gholston was always going to take a little time, however if we start him out slow (Let him rush the passer 90% of the time like Merriman does) then I think he could get by on his physical ability. The 3-4 scheme isn't easy to pick up, but IMO Mangini is making a lot tougher on him than it should be. 3-4 Hybrids do not have to be great in coverage, yet Mangini seems to be trying to force it all into him right away. I don't see why he doesn't just ask him to do what he does best, get to the QB. Once he gets a better grasp of the system then you can focus in on more complex roles.

So did Herm "4 - 12" Mangini.

You trolls keep saying that but help me understand. What exactly did the former defensive backs coach have to do with spying on opposing defensive signals to give Brady and the Patriots offense an advantage???

You trolls keep saying that but help me understand. What exactly did the former defensive backs coach have to do with spying on opposing defensive signals to give Brady and the Patriots offense an advantage???

Mangino knew what was going on. Please dont be so naive.

When NE won, Mangini won. Simple as that. Thats why Mangini is HC of the NY Jets. Because he won. Futhermore, NE had taped some offensive signals too.

Archived