What can UNC expect from Rutgers?

SouthernJet

what kind of team is Rutgers this year?

last time I sa wthem they were a very nice running team wit ha pretty fast defense..

whats up this year?

The D is young and fast but prone to mistakes on the edge. The offense has great skill players but the QB is a complete and utter retard and will do everything he can to try to give the game away.

If you really think that FSU = UNC you know less about college football than i thought you did...

Coming from someone who thinks Rutgers is anything after Rice, you're just a blind homer who knows nothing at all. You see, RU lost to FSU after dropped passes and such. RU just sucks balls tonight and UNC is dominating them and punching them in the throat. Rutgers doesn't stand a chance unless its Syracuse, UConn or Morgan State. :rl:

Coming from someone who thinks Rutgers is anything after Rice, you're just a blind homer who knows nothing at all. You see, RU lost to FSU after dropped passes and such. RU just sucks balls tonight and UNC is dominating them and punching them in the throat. Rutgers doesn't stand a chance unless its Syracuse, UConn or Morgan State. :rl:

I guess vegas was blind rutgers homers too because rutgers was favored in this game. We suck this year apparently but that doesn't mean you know what youre talking about when it comes to college football. Ray rice isn't close to the reason they suck...

I guess vegas was blind rutgers homers too because rutgers was favored in this game. We suck this year apparently but that doesn't mean you know what youre talking about when it comes to college football. Ray rice isn't close to the reason they suck...

Nope Ray Rice is not the only reason they suck, there are MANY other reasons they suck.

And wishing that incoming classes will be great doesn't appear to be working

Nope Ray Rice is not the only reason they suck, there are MANY other reasons they suck.

And wishing that incoming classes will be great doesn't appear to be working

If you knew anything about the rutgers team you'd know that the reason they are 0-2 is their quaterback. he sucks. and when you have a QB that bad you get killed in field position and turnover ratio and a young defense like we have this season will try too hard and make mistakes because of the pressure the awful offense is putting on them. That's whats happening. Jefferson can't take that red shirt off soon enough.

If you knew anything about the rutgers team you'd know that the reason they are 0-2 is their quaterback. he sucks. and when you have a QB that bad you get killed in field position and turnover ratio and a young defense like we have this season will try too hard and make mistakes because of the pressure the awful offense is putting on them. That's whats happening. Jefferson can't take that red shirt off soon enough.

In other words, Rutgers absolutely stinks thsi year.

Many here tried to tell you that may be the case. Of course, you told them that "they don't know anything about Rutgers or college football".

Guess who wears that slipper now?

The Big East is a wretched conference again. Not BCS worthy this year.

In other words, Rutgers absolutely stinks thsi year.

Many here tried to tell you that may be the case. Of course, you told them that "they don't know anything about Rutgers or college football".

Guess who wears that slipper now?

The Big East is a wretched conference again. Not BCS worthy this year.

FootInMouth.jpg

and we would like to see some winning football for a change

That makes 3 of us. I was at the opener vs McNeese State and it was an abysmal showing, with the exception of Brandon Tate.

Last night was another story, however. Everything went right for the Heels. They came up north and hand delivered a baby blue bitch slap.

That makes 3 of us. I was at the opener vs McNeese State and it was an abysmal showing, with the exception of Brandon Tate.

Last night was another story, however. Everything went right for the Heels. They came up north and hand delivered a baby blue bitch slap.

F445489.jpg

Regardless of outpome of game, I thought it odd the reaction of crowd/fans..not good for perception of Rutgers program, fan base...

I saw this posted on another board:

The TV cameras caught the following actions by Rutgers fans, none of which are likely to impress recruits:

1. Booing, early -- and late -- in the game. Has a college team ever played better as a result of being booed by their fans?

2. A fan flipped off the camera (posted on YouTube and referenced earlier)

3. One fan, when he saw the camera pointed at him, pulled his Rutgers shirt out and spit on the name, "Rutgers." Ouch.

4. Hordes of fans were shown leaving early in the third quarter.

5. Another fan, addressing the camera, gave the thumbs down signal about his team.

From Sports Illustrated

North Carolina didn't just win Thursday, it looked great doing it. Is Rutgers down, or are the Tar Heels legit? Do they have a chance to end up in Tampa?

--Don, Columbia, Md.

Obviously, Rutgers has issues, and they go far beyond losing Ray Rice. That 2006 team that won 11 games had a top-five defense. I'll never forget the way they suffocated Brian Brohm in the second half of that memorable win over Louisville. But last season and this season haven't been the same. The defense has greatly deteriorated. I see a lot of parallels between Greg Schiano's program and what's happened at Iowa the past few years. Both Schiano and Kirk Ferentz built their programs on hard-working, hidden gems until they attained enough success that they could attract actual blue-chip recruits. But sometimes those blue-chippers don't come in with the same attitude and work ethic and you actually wind up having less success with them.

All that being said, North Carolina's performance was extremely impressive. Butch Davis has himself a solid QB in T.J. Yates and a lot of weapons on offense. Their defense is probably a little further behind in terms of overall talent, but the good news is they won't face a whole lot of prolific offenses in the ACC. Do they have a chance to win their division? We'll find out Saturday. If the Tar Heels beat Virginia Tech, they'll get a leg up on what might be their biggest challenger. While Miami showed promise against Florida, I think they're still a year away from contending, and Georgia Tech's offense is still clearly a work in progress. Virginia is terrible.

Archived