Whitlock nails the Vince Young situation

WHITLOCK NAILS THE VINCE YOUNG SITUATION

Posted by Mike Florio on September 11, 2008, 12:36 p.m.

Folks of limited intellect and perspective (like us) react to the Vince Young situation with doctored photos aimed at making people laugh. Folks of higher intellect and perspective (like Jason Whitlock a/k/a Big Sexy) react to the Vince Young situation with a well-reasoned column aimed at making people think.

Whitlock knocked it out of the parking lot with his take on the mess that has unfolded in Tennessee. We

So all of a sudden this guy is not only a football "expert" but a psychiatrist too? Roger that. I suppose he nailed it just as much as anyone else who has no idea what's going through Young's head does.

I agree with you ALK that people might be taking this situation too lightly, however I do agree with that second quote, he's right on the money.

So now we start investigating people's families before deciding if they can play on our football team?

I thought that Wonderlic nonsense was bad enough, now we gotta have family values before we're allowed to move a team down the field.

If I was a football team owner, first and foremost I would look for people who are good football players to play for me. What Whitlock is looking for is a mystery.

The first quote I dont agree with entirely --- 2nd quote BINGO

Yea same here. Being an NFL QB you do have to have the thickest skin and not once can u flinch under scrutiny. But there have been many good to great QB's who have struggled terribly with these type things there first couple to few years then finally 'got it'. I'm not ready to give up on VY being a very good QB yet.

How are you going to figure out if a guy can handle the pressure before he gets out there? Sure this is magnified, but this same exact problem exists in pretty much every field. A lot of people can't make the transition from school to the real world. That's why work experience is so important, it's the only real indicator of anything.

Everytime you're hiring an employee in any field that doesn't have the experience for the job, you don't know what you're getting.

I bet VY will be fine. As of yet we haven't once heard HIM say anything, it's just random speculation by everyone else. So he skipped out on one MRI after a loss. Anyone that does anything really competitive knows how it feels after you lose in serious competition. It ****ing sucks. You don't want to be around anyone and you're pissed or depressed, or both. Then you sleep on it and you get over it, and just get fired up to get better. The chances of him quitting football are about the same as Max running 10 miles. Actually, it's the same as me running 10 miles, who the **** runs 10 miles? Even the marines only run like 7.

Archived