The Official Brian Schottenheimer Dicussion Thread (Merged 4X)

Irish Jet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Schitty needs to be canned and it can happen in season. I just don't see them making a move.

I still question whether Rex coaches the whole team.

Last week the D is awful and Rex slams them. This week the O is awful, and Rex takes a low-key tone. It's just weird.

Yes. The reason is that blaming abstract concepts like "the offense" or known unknowns like "the playcalling" are roundabout ways of avoiding the uncomfortable fact that we've made a terrible mistake at the most important position on the field. You know what makes an offense incredibly predictable? A quarterback who can't make reads.

That's because a failed QB is a the worst case scenario. Like EY mentioned elsewhere, remove other variables before coming to that conclusion.

The Jets FO won't make a definitive decision on Sanchez until the Schitty situation was resolved.

Either way, I felt this was Schitty's last year with team. Either Sanchez was going to play well and Schitty was going to get a HC job somewhere, college or pros. Or Sanchez was going to play poorly and Schitty would take the fall.

Schitty needs to be canned and it can happen in season. I just don't see them making a move.

I still question whether Rex coaches the whole team.

Last week the D is awful and Rex slams them. This week the O is awful, and Rex takes a low-key tone. It's just weird.

Great minds... I actually just started a thread about this.

Really? Who are they?

Jets have some big name older WR's who are playing like crap, and look like they are over the hill. OL sucks. Hunter is a career back up and playing worst then that. Moore is off a hip injury. That can be a career ender at his age. He's playing like he's done. LT is close to done. Greene looks like a JAG

Sanchez? Who knows. Behind that OL it is impossible to rate him. He sure sucked last night.

Really don't see that much current talent

In my opinion or yours? Maybe you think everybody out there isnt good enough, but I dont. Im not here to try and convince you to change your mind either. Youve got your opinion and Ive got mine.

I think Keller/Sanchez/Greene/Holmes/LT a little longer/most of the O-line/Plax have plenty of talent to make this a good offense. Id have to say that McKnight looks to be a talented football player himself as well, but Id like to see him on offense more to get a clearer read on him. Hard to say with Conner, he doesnt seem to be dumber than a rock so he should be able to learn what he needs to get the job done. Cumberland looked pretty good till his injury. Im not sure what to think of Kerley yet as a WR. Hunter isnt very good..... (he may improve some, but I doubt it)

Sanchez has bad reads from time to time for sure, but hes got enough talent to lead this offense. Especially if he had someone with the ability to lead HIM with a sensible gameplan. He doesnt have that with Schotty. Nobody on this offense does and it shows, and Its been this way for years with other rosters. A good OC can get good production from lesser talent with his schemes and gameplanning. A bad OC can get crap production from talented players by not adapting to the changing personnel and game situations. Which one does Schotty sound like?

Archived