The Official Brian Schottenheimer Dicussion Thread (Merged 4X)

Irish Jet

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh we definitely would! Did you see this play calling tonight? haha Even the pick was a terrible call, still Sanchez's fault but a terrible call. Cant see why he thinks were good at running those pick plays either, I havent seen us successfully do one yet!

Before I'm willing to say Sanchez isnt as good as we thought I have to see him under a competent OC and not this ****in schmuck.

Did you see the playcalling tonight???? how about the playcalling the last time we played this team. Schotty is not a competent NFL OC. he needs to go to high school or college, either way he needs to get as far away from this football team as possible. This dude is a joke.

And for as long as Schotty is calling the shots I will give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt. Why?...because Shotty has been terrible with 3 different QB's under 2 different coaches. He's even made Favre look bad, the same Favre who went to the vikings the following season and was in the chase for the MVP of the league at damn near 80 years old. Shotty is terrible.

This dude has proven that he's not a fit here. It gets to a point where you realize that its not the pieces on the chessboard, its the player moving them.

If I'm not mistaken teams last yr called this offense predictable!!!!. That is an OC thing. With receivers like Holmes, Plax, Keller, we should be able to find some open spots. Granted OL is banged up, but we should be able to produce some points on O.

The truth is, I don't know what we have in Sanchez. I do know Schotty sucked as an OC with Favre, and Pennington produced more with Freaking Hackett. I'm not blaming Schotty for this loss. It rests on the entire team, but his play calling is atrocious. He is not doing the Jets any favors. The guy should have been an after thought when Mangini was here.

Schotty is without a doubt, a detriment to this team. Maybe Sanchez is too, but Schotty is for sure.

At this point its just scapegoating for no reason. He is not the problem nor the solution. Maybe the Jets just are not that good. Getting rid of him wont change that fact.

I'm just not sure where on Schottenheimer's resume it shows that he's anything more than average at what he does for a living. Not even a spike.

You guys need any more proof? Check this out:

On passing playcalls by Brian Schottenheimer the Jets were 0/24 in the passing game with 1 INT for 16 yards and a touchdown.

The guy straight up playcalled this team into the ground. He and Callahan aren't even coordinating a good running game anymore.

Ooooonly a matter of time before Mason lost his mind over not seeing the ball. Brian Billick predicted that would happen, and was likely a large part of why he got bounced from Baltimore. The spectacular flameout I'm waiting for us Plaxico's, though. He used to torture Eli for not throwing at him. Add Keller (in a contract push) and an already grumbling Holmes, and you've got a mutiny afoot.

You guys need any more proof? Check this out:

On passing playcalls by Brian Schottenheimer the Jets were 0/24 in the passing game with 1 INT for 16 yards and a touchdown.

The guy straight up playcalled this team into the ground. He and Callahan aren't even coordinating a good running game anymore.

It's amazing how cursed Schottenheimer has been his entire career. He should totally return that tiki idol he picked up on the beach in Maui before it gets any worse.

Woody wasn't going to pay Schottenheimer a million bucks to sit at home.

Yeah 9-11 home games + SB money wouldn't cover that.

I'm just not sure where on Schottenheimer's resume it shows that he's anything more than average at what he does for a living. Not even a spike.

2 AFCCG appearances in a row with a first round QB who started 13 games in college and left as a junior.

The spectacular flameout I'm waiting for us Plaxico's, though. He used to torture Eli for not throwing at him.

I don't see this happening at all. The difference between then and now is that Sanchez is actually targeting Plax and he just doesn't give a sh*t. I counted at least 3 balls that were dead to rights and straight given up on. Might have been 4, but my head was spinning by the end of the 3rd.

I don't see this happening at all. The difference between then and now is that Sanchez is actually targeting Plax and he just doesn't give a sh*t. I counted at least 3 balls that were dead to rights and straight given up on. Might have been 4, but my head was spinning by the end of the 3rd.

Given up on? You don't consider waving one arm at a ball a solid effort?

Ooooonly a matter of time before Mason lost his mind over not seeing the ball. Brian Billick predicted that would happen, and was likely a large part of why he got bounced from Baltimore. The spectacular flameout I'm waiting for us Plaxico's, though. He used to torture Eli for not throwing at him. Add Keller (in a contract push) and an already grumbling Holmes, and you've got a mutiny afoot.

Come on man we have the best WR corp in the NFL didnt you get the memo ? :rolleyes:

Cant forget the pass last week that would have extended the drive when the score was tied at 17. You know the pass that hit Plax right in the chest which might have prevented what followed afterward.

Shotty should have been fired years ago, this is just another built in excuse. Oh its not Shottys fault Nick Mangold is hurt and the O-Line Depth sucks giant a$$. How can we blame that on poor Shotty bitch.

Not sure how anyone can blame Sanchez when he has had little time to work with 2 new WR's and hes getting killed on damn near every throw.

I just got in the door, back from Baltimore. I gotta say, Plax is worthless. I swear to god, sitting there looking down at the sidelines with him and his sideways hat, i wanted to run down there and smack him in the head. This guy just does not hustle. What you don't see on tv is how his lazy a$$ doesn't even jog off the feel during substitutions. He just does not put the effort out on the field.

I just got in the door, back from Baltimore. I gotta say, Plax is worthless. I swear to god, sitting there looking down at the sidelines with him and his sideways hat, i wanted to run down there and smack him in the head. This guy just does not hustle. What you don't see on tv is how his lazy a$$ doesn't even jog off the feel during substitutions. He just does not put the effort out on the field.

He made some incredible downfield blocks last week.

No, this is not a Braylon Edwards joke. I'm serious, he really did. Clearly, he's got to do more, but that says to me that he is (or has been) hustling... at least at times.

Shotty should have been fired years ago, this is just another built in excuse. Oh its not Shottys fault Nick Mangold is hurt and the O-Line Depth sucks giant a$$. How can we blame that on poor Shotty bitch.

Not sure how anyone can blame Sanchez when he has had little time to work with 2 new WR's and hes getting killed on damn near every throw.

Shouldn't a good OC be able to offset the crappiness of our oline with some good playcalling to relieve the pressure?

Lets take for instance the Bills: They consistentaly have one of the worst olines and continue to for years now. Their offense is built around a Harvard QB, their starting WR's are a 7th rounder and an UDFA and they still can move the ball consistently and score almost with ease. We have 1st round talent all over this offense and still struggle just to get a 1st down. How many times were we in the red zone and how many points did we get out of it? I think we were in the red zone once and scored 3 points.

Great offense. :bag:

Shouldn't a good OC be able to offset the crappiness of our oline with some good playcalling to relieve the pressure?

Lets take for instance the Bills: They consistentaly have one of the worst olines and continue to for years now. Their offense is built around a Harvard QB, their starting WR's are a 7th rounder and an UDFA and they still can move the ball consistently and score almost with ease. We have 1st round talent all over this offense and still struggle just to get a 1st down. How many times were we in the red zone and how many points did we get out of it? I think we were in the red zone once and scored 3 points.

Great offense. :bag:

Yes they (OC) absolutely should be able too, to some extent. But Shotty has never ever shown the ability to adjust on the fly, EVER. Last week he tried to offset the rush by Rolling Sanchez out , instead of mixing it up he continued to roll him out over and over to the point the Raiders made a simple adjustment and Shotty kept rolling Sanchez out. Our offense is so poorly coached its beginning to show even more now that we have lost a few really good players. Mix that in with 3 new additions at WR and you have a disaster and its becoming worse not better. Funny thing is we will have to do this all over again with new WR's either next year or the year after good job handling our frasnchise QB once again.

We seem to run the ball better off tackle and to the outside , so what does Shotty do ? He runs it up the gut . In the first game vs the Cowboys they ran Shonn Greene and LT up the middle at one point 9 out of 10 times . Now why would you run LT up the middle ??

As aggressive as the Ravens were a few screens would have worked wonders but we dont run screens and the Ravens know it so they tee'd off on us with not a care in the world. It was like happy fun time for the Ravens Sunday night. You know what else might have worked to keep them off balance ? Mix in the No Huddle so they cant just tee off every play, make them think a little.

Yes they (OC) absolutely should be able too, to some extent. But Shotty has never ever shown the ability to adjust on the fly, EVER. Last week he tried to offset the rush by Rolling Sanchez out , instead of mixing it up he continued to roll him out over and over to the point the Raiders made a simple adjustment and Shotty kept rolling Sanchez out. Our offense is so poorly coached its beginning to show even more now that we have lost a few really good players. Mix that in with 3 new additions at WR and you have a disaster and its becoming worse not better. Funny thing is we will have to do this all over again with new WR's either next year or the year after good job handling our frasnchise QB once again.

We seem to run the ball better off tackle and to the outside , so what does Shotty do ? He runs it up the gut . In the first game vs the Cowboys they ran Shonn Greene and LT up the middle at one point 9 out of 10 times . Now why would you run LT up the middle ??

As aggressive as the Ravens were a few screens would have worked wonders but we dont run screens and the Ravens know it so they tee'd off on us with not a care in the world. It was like happy fun time for the Ravens Sunday night. You know what else might have worked to keep them off balance ? Mix in the No Huddle so they cant just tee off every play, make them think a little.

That bothers me that we are rotating new receivers in every year. Maybe we should rotate a new OC in for **** sake.

We didnt run a no huddle once? When your down and your offense isn't moving the ball why not at least try it. Wtf is our offense doing?

I blame sanchez for this game also but an OC is supposed to make up for the lack of talent and be able to get the offense to execute. We are far from short on talent, but this offense is doing nothing. Why cant our offense have a bounce back performance like our defense? Because its paired with a sh*tty OC who can't game plan his way out of a ******* bag.

Schotty has officially made my sh!t list.

When you OL is putrid how do you not max protect the QB ?

At least give Sanchez a fighting chance. Last night wasn't even competitve with the Jets going 3,4 even 5 wide at times.

Right now there isn't a whole heck of alot the Jets can do until Mangold gets back. Sanchez barely has time to take the snap let alone get a deep ball down the field. The Raiders knew it, the Ravens knew it played the CB up tight on the receivers taking away the short stuff.

They can't run block

They can't pass block

Basically right now there isn't a whole lot the Offense can do. Schotty still hasn't come up with anything and I don't have any faith right now that he can.

Schotty has officially made my sh!t list.

When you OL is putrid how do you not max protect the QB ?

At least give Sanchez a fighting chance. Last night wasn't even competitve with the Jets going 3,4 even 5 wide at times.

Right now there isn't a whole heck of alot the Jets can do until Mangold gets back. Sanchez barely has time to take the snap let alone get a deep ball down the field. The Raiders knew it, the Ravens knew it played the CB up tight on the receivers taking away the short stuff.

They can't run block

They can't pass block

Basically right now there isn't a whole lot the Offense can do. Schotty still hasn't come up with anything and I don't have any faith right now that he can.

I think right now sanchez has a better chance of transforming into Peyton than schitty turning into a good OC.

I think right now sanchez has a better chance of transforming into Peyton than schitty turning into a good OC.

I'd settle for a Matt Hasselbeck type of talent from Sanchez.... With Rex's D. Won't happen until we get rid of Schotty, veteran players don't believe in Schottys system. This team is on the verge of complete meltdown.

Sanchez makes the kind of mistakes expected of a young relatively inexperienced QB (Only 3 yrs starting experience since entering college). He stunk out the place last night but when one takes the ball from center and has only enough time to raise his arm little more can be expected. The real problem is Shotty-has he ever heard of a power sweep or a moving pocket? If something doesn't work, try something else and come back to the former later in the game. I don't claim to have been raised on X's and O's as Shotty was but simple logic should prevail.

He's been around the game long enough. Couldn't he make a condensed version or a dummy guide. " An Idiots Guide to Tom Moore's offense."

I have no doubt, but I was more worried about the players adjusting, I mean they have been Schottenheimered.

Holmes is the same way... quits on routes and doesn't seem to care. WR's in general are usually this way though...

Did you see the playcalling tonight???? how about the playcalling the last time we played this team. Schotty is not a competent NFL OC. he needs to go to high school or college, either way he needs to get as far away from this football team as possible. This dude is a joke.

And for as long as Schotty is calling the shots I will give Sanchez the benefit of the doubt. Why?...because Shotty has been terrible with 3 different QB's under 2 different coaches. He's even made Favre look bad, the same Favre who went to the vikings the following season and was in the chase for the MVP of the league at damn near 80 years old. Shotty is terrible.

This dude has proven that he's not a fit here. It gets to a point where you realize that its not the pieces on the chessboard, its the player moving them.

My thoughts exactly.

Too much talent on this offense to look that bad, unless there is no guidence.

Archived