Week 2 Report Card

lawngnome o-line

How can you say the DL played better in the 2nd half and not even mention them running it down our throats at the end of the game.

DL got pressure and some sacks in the second half. However they were on the field for most of the half also. Any defense will wear down.

DL got pressure and some sacks in the second half. However they were on the field for most of the half also. Any defense will wear down.

OK fine, but when you wear down, you don't get a B. They're rotating in 6 fresh lineman all day long.. shouldn't be too much of a factor. When the Jets needed them to get the Pats off the field they couldn't do it.

The LINEBACKERS were getting the sacks anyway (which I know is part of the D in the 3-4, but we're grading the sections of the D here)

They have to get in 1 st and goal. Where was Faneca? Mangold ? Brick letting Seymour get into the back field and drag Brett 10 yards liek that? O line sucked. Your being generous with that grade.

Huh? That was Thomas, and it wasn't on Brick. He came from the other side and they outnumbered the blockers, forcing a matchup on Leon. The other sack was on Faneca for not sliding left when they loaded the outside. Brick took the outside rusher and Faneca looked inside.

Okay here goes (straps on goggles helmet and starts his car for quick getaway) Brett gets a C at best. Under 200 yds in a game in which we trailed throughout, a bad pick in our end, recievers open but not getting balls, a sack in which he backpedaled twenty yrds to kill our hopes of a comeback. Brett did not do a good job. He's a great Player and I love having him--but he had a rough game. If this was Penny or Kellen, we'd be out for blood. As for the playcalling--its directly tied to the amount of knowledge the QB has of our playbook. If Brett knows 75%, then my balls are made of rocky road ice cream.

With the eating habits and sexual preference of the mods on this board, you better not say that your balls are made of any kind of ice cream.

right. good point. I tried to convince the wife of the ice cream balls. She went on a diet instantly. Not so bad though. She could lose a few pounds. I'll claim frozen yogurt next time.

Archived