Wang and Joba in '09

Blackout

assuming no injuries, is anybody else excited to see 60+ games from these 2??

Wang is a winner, granted very "boring" yet unique

Joba, assuming he can sober up and not be a dumbass (like the rest of the nebraska (cough Alk haha jk), should be a CYA candidate

very excited for 09. Lets just make sure Wang skips NL stadiums (until the post season)

C.C

Wang

Joba

Mussina

Hughes.

I think it's important we get C.C. I do not think Joba will play all season so for the first part (I'm assuming they'll do what they did last year) it'll be important to ride C.C and Wang to victories.

What's sad is I'm not concerned so much about our pitching, I want our hitting to not be morbid for the first 4 months. Can Cano show up to play? I also wonder what's going to happen with Jorge. Cano is going to be VITAL considering Jeter's play has declined.

Don't be so sure that Joba will be in the rotation next year.

I think alot will depend on the off season. If the Yanks make some moves and bring in a starting pitcher or four then I think Joba could be in the bullpen setting up Mariano.

I think there will be alot of debate internally about whether it would be better for Joba to come out of the pen or start healthwise.

Don't be so sure that Joba will be in the rotation next year.

I think alot will depend on the off season. If the Yanks make some moves and bring in a starting pitcher or four then I think Joba could be in the bullpen setting up Mariano.

I think there will be alot of debate internally about whether it would be better for Joba to come out of the pen or start healthwise.

I respectfully disagree. Cashman, Hank (I think Hal as well but i'm not sure about this one) and Girardi all want him to start if possible. They've explicitly said this on a number of occasions and I tend to agree with it.

Even if we sign CC and Wang gets back healthy, there is never such a thing as too much depth in the rotation. I mean look at us the last 3 or 4 years, injuries to the starting staff have hit us bad every year. Depth is good.

It also kind of depends what happens with Mariano. If he's dominant again, then it's less pressure to move Joba. But there's going to be a lot of pressure on Girardi if Mariano starts being a human being.

Last year was a wash-out in terms of building his inning count. He pitched a total of 100 innings. I say an optimistic cap is 150 innings. They might actually attempt the bullpen to starter thing again.

You are probably right. I have him in a keeper league and really hope he starts otherwise he is much less useful to me (although we do count holds). Not to mention he is more valuable as a starter for the Yanks. I wouldn't mind having him start next couple of years and then close when Mo retires.

You are probably right. I have him in a keeper league and really hope he starts otherwise he is much less useful to me (although we do count holds). Not to mention he is more valuable as a starter for the Yanks. I wouldn't mind having him start next couple of years and then close when Mo retires.

Oh, introducing fantasy baseball as a talking point for the real thing?

I must introduce you to Blackout.

out of 60 games from these 2 thats at least 50 wins on the season. then you have mussina who can get 15-20 wins, pettite who can get 10-14 wins. and dont forget sabathia is coming to town for 20 wins.

yankees gonna win the worldseries next year. bank it.

out of 60 games from these 2 thats at least 50 wins on the season. then you have mussina who can get 15-20 wins, pettite who can get 10-14 wins. and dont forget sabathia is coming to town for 20 wins.

You are absolutely insane. How the hell can you be so delusional about every sports team you root for? Don't you get it after a while?

I hope they do good, but right now the Yanks aren't in the best shape they've been in. Hopefully they can make a few successful moves through free agency and the players can perform up to their standard and we might get something good out of this upcoming season.

Nice optimism. Totally unrealistic, but nice optimism.

1) You aren't getting 60 games from both of them. At least not 60 starts. Joba is going to be on an innings cap and Wang is no sure thing to get to 30 games either. Hopefully he's all healed by next season. 2) 50 wins out of 60? Wtf are you smoking. That's 25 wins a piece. There hasn't been a 25 game winner in 30 years. And even if you say that the team will win in those games that still isn't a reasonable estimate. 3) Moose isn't a lock to come back. Hopefully he can return and give the same performance but that's kind of an iffy prospect. What Moose did last year was special. I don't know if we'd see even a similar kind of performance if he came back. Pettitte might get the 10-14 wins range. That at least is realistic.

I love the Yankees, but come on dude, get some perspective.

Nice optimism. Totally unrealistic, but nice optimism.

1) You aren't getting 60 games from both of them. At least not 60 starts. Joba is going to be on an innings cap and Wang is no sure thing to get to 30 games either. Hopefully he's all healed by next season. 2) 50 wins out of 60? Wtf are you smoking. That's 25 wins a piece. There hasn't been a 25 game winner in 30 years. And even if you say that the team will win in those games that still isn't a reasonable estimate. 3) Moose isn't a lock to come back. Hopefully he can return and give the same performance but that's kind of an iffy prospect. What Moose did last year was special. I don't know if we'd see even a similar kind of performance if he came back. Pettitte might get the 10-14 wins range. That at least is realistic.

I love the Yankees, but come on dude, get some perspective.

I wasnt being serious lol. I expect the yanks do better, and joba and wang to do good, but im not predicting a worldseries anytime soon with no offense. and I didnt mean they each get 25 wins, I meant about 25 wins in their games, doesent mean they neccesarlily get the W, but yes I know its unrealistic, but the hype leads people to belive it can happen

Last year was a wash-out in terms of building his inning count. He pitched a total of 100 innings. I say an optimistic cap is 150 innings. They might actually attempt the bullpen to starter thing again.

Unfortunately the same will also apply to Hughes. Will be interesting if the Yanks continue to monitor their innings as some around baseball and in the media started to claim they were babying them too much.

Liked the Hughes we saw at the end of the season. I also don't understand why Aceves is not discussed more as a possible SP.

Archived