Fire Bud Selig

uart

Sunday night baseball. Even Joe Torre rightly HATES SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL. The Yankees,Mets and Sawx have had the schedule screw them over every summer so Selig could brag how he got Sunday night games like the NFL.Fans who buy tickets months in advance find themselves coming home at 2AM instead of being home in the afternoon. So instead of playing a sensible Sunday afternoon game and either going home or taking plane to the next city, the marquee teams wake up bleary-eyed and exhausted almost every Monday. We also got stuck with having to listen to a know-nothing blowhard douchebag like Joe Morgan speak idiocy once a week over the course of each season.

The schedule of the World Series. If the format is 2/3/2, why didn't they avoid Monday Night Football last night by starting last Tuesday?Plus you would've had people watch a Friday night game, whcih means people and kids could stay up and bars would have the game on.

Why does the wildcard team get 2 home games in the division series?

The failure of picking up the pace of games. Why are batters stepping out every pitch? Why are pitchers with no one on base taking FOREVER to throw a single pitch?

But a few examples of the incompetence of this used car dealer joke.

Sunday night baseball. Even Joe Torre rightly HATES SUNDAY NIGHT BASEBALL. The Yankees,Mets and Sawx have had the schedule screw them over every summer so Selig could brag how he got Sunday night games like the NFL.Fans who buy tickets months in advance find themselves coming home at 2AM instead of being home in the afternoon. So instead of playing a sensible Sunday afternoon game and either going home or taking plane to the next city, the marquee teams wake up bleary-eyed and exhausted almost every Monday. We also got stuck with having to listen to a know-nothing blowhard douchebag like Joe Morgan speak idiocy once a week over the course of each season.

The schedule of the World Series. If the format is 2/3/2, why didn't they avoid Monday Night Football last night by starting last Tuesday?Plus you would've had people watch a Friday night game, whcih means people and kids could stay up and bars would have the game on.

Why does the wildcard team get 2 home games in the division series?

The failure of picking up the pace of games. Why are batters stepping out every pitch? Why are pitchers with no one on base taking FOREVER to throw a single pitch?

But a few examples of the incompetence of this used car dealer joke.

It is all about the $$$$$$$$$$ and certainly not the fans.

But Bud is not in place for the fans. That is not the function of his job.

I understand that it's about money. But it should also be about the long-term well-being of MLB. And that should mean that as much as possible, games should be available to kids, and shouldn't take forever to play. No kids were watching last night, when they could've watched on Friday. And there's no good reason to start games at 9PM eastern. When young fans cannot see your product, they aren't likley to become older adult fans. If you chase every last dollar, at some point it's a short-sighted way of looking at your business.Witness our whole economy.But again what can you expect from a used car salesman?

To his credit given the weather in Philly, they've already announced that Game 5 will be resumed tommorrow.

I understand that it's about money. But it should also be about the long-term well-being of MLB. And that should mean that as much as possible, games should be available to kids, and shouldn't take forever to play. No kids were watching last night, when they could've watched on Friday. And there's no good reason to start games at 9PM eastern. When young fans cannot see your product, they aren't likley to become older adult fans. If you chase every last dollar, at some point it's a short-sighted way of looking at your business.Witness our whole economy.But again what can you expect from a used car salesman?

To his credit given the weather in Philly, they've already announced that Game 5 will be resumed tommorrow.

His position is as a lackey and puppet to the owners. The owners got scared whewn they saw a Faye Vincent who actually WAS more worried about the game and what it meant.

Selig was (and really still is) an owner and was heavily involved in teh collusion cases against the players union.

The owners want a commissioner that they can pull strings on, and they have one.

How does Bud control the weather?

He doesn't. He controls whether or not to start a game in a downpour when the doppler says it's not going to ease up.

He also controls the decision to start a game at 8:30pm.

He also controlled the decision to schedule the World Series for the last week in October.

Which fans? He's not building a fan base with these strategies... it's all short term. He's killing the sport.

He doesn't. He controls whether or not to start a game in a downpour when the doppler says it's not going to ease up.

He also controls the decision to start a game at 8:30pm.

He also controlled the decision to schedule the World Series for the last week in October.

It was not a "downpour" when the game started.

The WS has been the last week in October for the majority of recent years. Would you like baseball to START in mid-March?

That start time is terrible, but you can't move it after it has been published. $$$$$, you know.

I don't disagree, but baseball attendance says the exact opposite.

That was the product of a good economy and a relatively-wealthy America desperate for something to do in the summer. I expect those figures to decline with the economy.

Besides, you don't see a ton of kids at the stadium these days, that is the point.

The WS has been the last week in October for the majority of recent years. Would you like baseball to START in mid-March?

No, I want it to end earlier and not have a division series, so that the WS can go back to being the first week in October.

No, I want it to end earlier and not have a division series, so that the WS can go back to being the first week in October.

Less than 162 games then?

I would like to go back to the 2 division, 1 playoff format too.

It will never, never, never happen.

And the WS was never over the first week in October in my lifetime, and I am middle aged.

That was the product of a good economy and a relatively-wealthy America desperate for something to do in the summer. I expect those figures to decline with the economy.

Besides, you don't see a ton of kids at the stadium these days, that is the point.

I am a partial season ticket holder and I see many kids at Citizens Bank.

I also as a coach a thriving little league in my area, and kids very interested in major league baseball.

Different than when I was a kid? Probably. But the sport, through all its failings is very popular.

Less than 162 games then?

I would like to go back to the 2 division, 1 playoff format too.

It will never, never, never happen.

And the WS was never over the first week in October in my lifetime, and I am middle aged.

Less than 162 games would prob. help with injuries. Eliminating the central division and Division series would be just as helpful in this regard though.

You might need to contract a few teams to make it feasible.

The last time the WS was during the first week of October was 1968. Until the 90's, it was always, however, in the first two weeks of the month, which is vastly better than the last-two weeks.

That's the best thing EVER ! That assures us of a competetive all star game, and we guarantee the AL home field most of the time since we are the superior league.

1) I don't consider the AL getting automatic homefield to be a good thing. The better team can be in the NL, even if the league as a whole is weaker.

2) The All Star games aren't any better with this system, and because they still have to get everyone into the game, it still isn't all that much more competitive.

Not happening. Actually the 2009 schedule already has World Series games being played in the first week of November 2009.

Wow, November? WTF? Season is way too long IMO.

Imagine if the Mets, Yankees, Phillies, Red Sox, Cubs, White Sox, or Indians make it to the World Series next year? Not only will the fans be freezing their arses off so will the players.

Bud Selig needs to go away and never be heard from again.

Archived