13 Days till AC/DC

Jetman_67

Almost_Famous.jpg

I thought that move was cute, actually!

sj, Instead of watching the game, I watched 27 Dresses on HBO last nite. Cute, girly flick. Had a happy ending. I still say all movies should have happy endings - especially in these troubling times. And, no, I am not talking about the kind of "happy ending" you're thinking of.

Men! :P

I thought that move was cute, actually!

sj, Instead of watching the game, I watched 27 Dresses on HBO last nite. Cute, girly flick. Had a happy ending. I still say all movies should have happy endings - especially in these troubling times. And, no, I am not talking about the kind of "happy ending" your thinking of.

Men! :P

almost famous was GREAT!!! I lived lots of that movie,,seriously, I did ..Loved it..

27 dresses cute as i said here at jn:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49460&highlight=27+dresses

most overrated rock band of all-time. sure they have decent music, i just don't understand why they are legends...

Over rated???? Kid, you got lots to learn. AC/DC is one of the best Rock Bands ever!!!! They paved the way for modern bands.

Several songs were banned from radio because of content. One example is the classic song, "Big Balls"

dont use lyrics being banned as example of a music groups prowess,,

speak to thier musical talent and innovation,,but anyone can write offensive lyrics..

Their music speaks for itself. They were one of the first bands to write their material without worrying about the FCC.

Angus Young has been one of the worlds best guitar players for several decades now. I have a feeling this is their last World Tour now that angus is 61

Assmop- you'll be listening to that jam band crap in Christiana next week! Woo-hooooo!!!!!!!!!! It will be weird passing the bong to your daughter though. Oh, and don't say "don't bogart the joint" - that is soooooooooo old. ;)

i haven't got high since 1984, i believe we did use a bong back then.

My daughter's lungs are "virgin" to wacky/hash/maryjane/juana

Maybe i should start up again!!! oh my.....

aside from LZ (they're number 1), beatles, the who, pink floyd, the doors, cream, aerosmith, santana, zz top, journey, the eagles...

Did you seriously list a band as ghey as Journey above AC/DC? Step away from the keyboard... :lamo:

And in the immortal words of Jeffrey Lebowski, "I hate the ****ing Eagles, man..."

I had this argument with my friend the other night and came to the realization that he's an idiot.

I like Brian Johnson and all - he's a good performer and his vocals fit the music - but he's not in the same league as Bon Scott. My friend disagreed vehemently and his argument was that Back in Black is their best-selling album (and is a top-5 all-time I believe), so that somehow means that Johnson is a better vocalist. That's like suggesting Dane Cook is funny because he sells out arenas nationwide. :face:

PS - I hate "You Shook Me All Night Long" and if I never heard that song again, my eardrums would be quite happy.

My greatest beef with AC/DC is that the vast majority of their songs sound exactly the same. Like, once they became popular they just sat back and made song after song of the exact same stuff. It sounds really good when listening to an album or so, but after that I just get sick of them and have to switch it up. Just my two cents.

Oh, and by the way, there's no such thing as "being one of the best rock bands ever." Maybe in your eyes, but people have *gasp* opposing opinions on stuff like this. You might really like them and so might many others, but that doesn't automatically make them better than a band someone else prefers over them.

I probably wouldn't list AC/DC in my top 10 bands. The top 10 are the type that you can listen to all their songs in a row without getting bored.

Archived