Here's something from the new album I just finished

SoFlaJets

I'm gonna put up as many of my songs as I can-I want them "out there" for anyone to enjoy.I think music is a gift and should be free-unlike the dickheads from Metallica who have more money that I ever will-

as an artist I believe in this;

"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do."

- Woody Guthrie - Late 1930's

I'm gonna put up as many of my songs as I can-I want them "out there" for anyone to enjoy.I think music is a gift and should be free-unlike the dickheads from Metallica who have more money that I ever will-

as an artist I believe in this;

"This song is Copyrighted in U.S., under Seal of Copyright # 154085, for a period of 28 years, and anybody caught singin it without our permission, will be mighty good friends of ourn, cause we don't give a dern. Publish it. Write it. Sing it. Swing to it. Yodel it. We wrote it, that's all we wanted to do."

- Woody Guthrie - Late 1930's

In other words, you have a good day job! :lol:

no not really Doug it could be just my lousy playing LOL

Hey, thanks for the great response. I'm 52, been playing guitar for 37 years. Doesn't mean I'm good. In fact, I'm such a "good" musician that I get up at 5 AM each morning, put on a suit and tie to go work for some company unrelated to the music biz

:wink:

d

what the hell is this place? disgruntledproducers.com?

Is that supposed to be funny?

Nice try.

I gave your band honest comments on the Floyd cover Dick K, and I gave SFJ honest comments. The best way for non-professional musicians to get better is to post their work, play live and get constructive and honest comments from others that really care about music. We all try to help each other.

Don't we?

d

In other words, you have a good day job! :lol:

actually no VG-it's what I do for a living and actually raised 3 kids on playing music.I'll sell these CD's in the bars and maybe make enough to buy some new equiptment I need.At this time of my life I just feel it's important to get this music out-just in case somebody discovers me 20 years down the road-like I did with Woody's music.Sometimes money doesn't seem to be as important as a legacy might be.Ya know?Hey how many artists died in squalor only to one day never see their work as priceless.Would I love to have money and be famous for my work?who wouldn't.I love your work Verde

actually no VG-it's what I do for a living and actually raised 3 kids on playing music.I'll sell these CD's in the bars and maybe make enough to buy some new equiptment I need.At this time of my life I just feel it's important to get this music out-just in case somebody discovers me 20 years down the road-like I did with Woody's music.Sometimes money doesn't seem to be as important as a legacy might be.Ya know?Hey how many artists died in squalor only to one day never see their work as priceless.Would I love to have money and be famous for my work?who wouldn't.I love your work Verde

I was just teasin'. Nothing wrong with self promotion. :wink:

Thanks SoFla. I love being an illustrator.

Is that supposed to be funny?

Nice try.

I gave your band honest comments on the Floyd cover d!ck K, and I gave SFJ honest comments. The best way for non-professional musicians to get better is to post their work, play live and get constructive and honest comments from others that really care about music. We all try to help each other.

Don't we?

d

hey dougy i was busting thy chops 8)

Dude, you need to do at least one cover; a song with a strong melody and hook. I recommend you do Justine off David Johanssen's first solo album- your vocal style is perfect for that song. Here are the lyrics:

you don't have to justify

anything you say or do

and you don't have to testify

anything I hold as true

and you don't have to mistify me

but darling you do

and you won't be here

anymore

and I won't be around at all

You don't have to be like anyone

I've known before

You just have to come inside here