Joe Beningo: Fire Mangini

stoicsentry

Someone transcribe that and it's the automatic POTW.

He hit the nail on the head.

"Now... obviously disgusted today, it really doesn't get any worse than what we saw yesterday from this just absolutely disgusting, DISGUSTING franchise that masquerades themselves as an NFL football team.

I'll start with Eric Mangini: he's gotta go. Enough. In a big spot, [this was] maybe the worst coached game I have ever seen by ANYBODY. Enou---this guy is--he is so over his head, I... where do I begin?

Should we start with the opening drive where he doesn't go for the first down on 4th and 1 from the two yard line? Can we start with that? And settles for the field goal --- and you knew right there --- the Jets were dead.

Can we talk about the unconscionable, unconscionable delay of game penalty on Feely's 45 yard field goal and then, the decision by the brilliant head coach not to try it again? When Feely made it, it would have been a 60 yard field goal, he would've easily made it from 50.

To the topper of all toppers in the game: with more than 2 minutes to go and all his timeouts, on a 4th and 2 from about his own 20 yard line, that he goes for the first down instead of punting? With all his timeouts AND the 2 minute warning? The Jets could've got the ball back with a timeout left.

Unbelieveable. This guy has gotta go and he can take the freakin hall of fame Quaterback with him cause I've had enough of him too. Let him go to Mississipi, he's done, he's finished please Brett: go home and go fishing for the rest of your life because I can't take it anymore, he's been a disaster. I wanted him here, god knows I was wrong. He's finished, done, stick a fork in him.

And I don't wanna hear about any playoff scenarios, New England is not losing to Buffalo, the Ravens are not losing to the Jaguars and let's be honest: are the Jets beating Miami here? C'mon, let's get real, let's get REAL. I've had enough. Mangini has to go, his whole coaching staff too.

Go draft a Quarterback in the draft, there's a ton of good-looking quarterbacks coming out, maybe the Jets get lucky, look at Baltimore they're going to go to the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie Quarterback. Same thing with Atlanta--they're already in the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie Quarterback.

I've had enough of this guy, Mangini must go. He's totally in over his head. Anything bad I've ever said about Herman Edwards, I though Herman Edwards was terrible, it's not even close. As bad as Herman was, he got my team to the playoffs three times, they didn't choke in three times getting to the playoffs as he was coaching the team and even his lousy Chief team that's lost 22 of their last 24 at least is continuing to play competitive football as they did yesterday even though they wound up losing that game to the Miami Dolphins.

I don't know what else to say about the Jets, I'm disgusted, I'm beaten up, I'm tired, this franchise has given me nothing but pain for 40 years. I hate this team. I hate them. I HATE THEM.

And I can't stand Eric Mangini. Eric, go have another hamburger, please and go.. and get lost. Go find another job, go cut tape for some other coach, go be a ballboy for Belicheck, get the hell out of town!"

-Joe Beningo

"Now... obviously disgusted today, it really doesn't get any worse than what we saw yesterday from this just absolutely disgusting, DISGUSTING franchise that masquerades themselves as an NFL football team.

I'll start with Eric Mangini: he's gotta go. Enough. In a big spot, [this was] maybe the worst coached game I have ever seen by ANYBODY. Enou---this guy is--he is so over his head, I... where do I begin?

Should we start with the opening drive where he doesn't go for the first down on 4th and 1 from the two yard line? Can we start with that? And settles for the field goal --- and you knew right there --- the Jets were dead.

Can we talk about the unconscionable, unconscionable delay of game penalty on Feely's 45 yard field goal and then, the decision by the brilliant head coach not to try it again? When Feely made it, it would have been a 60 yard field goal, he would've easily made it from 50.

To the topper of all toppers in the game: with more than 2 minutes to go and all his timeouts, on a 4th and 2 from about his own 20 yard line, that he goes for the first down instead of punting? With all his timeouts AND the 2 minute warning? The Jets could've got the ball back with a timeout left.

Unbelieveable. This guy has gotta go and he can take the freakin hall of fame Quaterback with him cause I've had enough of him too. Let him go to Mississipi, he's done, he's finished please Brett: go home and go fishing for the rest of your life because I can't take it anymore, he's been a disaster. I wanted him here, god knows I was wrong. He's finished, done, stick a fork in him.

And I don't wanna hear about any playoff scenarios, New England is not losing to Buffalo, the Ravens are not losing to the Jaguars and let's be honest: are the Jets beating Miami here? C'mon, let's get real, let's get REAL. I've had enough. Mangini has to go, his whole coaching staff too.

Go draft a Quarterback in the draft, there's a ton of good-looking quarterbacks coming out, maybe the Jets get lucky, look at Baltimore they're going to go to the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie Quarterback. Same thing with Atlanta--they're already in the playoffs with a rookie coach and a rookie Quarterback.

I've had enough of this guy, Mangini must go. He's totally in over his head. Anything bad I've ever said about Herman Edwards, I though Herman Edwards was terrible, it's not even close. As bad as Herman was, he got my team to the playoffs three times, they didn't choke in three times getting to the playoffs as he was coaching the team and even his lousy Chief team that's lost 22 of their last 24 at least is continuing to play competitive football as they did yesterday even though they wound up losing that game to the Miami Dolphins.

I don't know what else to say about the Jets, I'm disgusted, I'm beaten up, I'm tired, this franchise has given me nothing but pain for 40 years. I hate this team. I hate them. I HATE THEM.

And I can't stand Eric Mangini. Eric, go have another hamburger, please and go.. and get lost. Go find another job, go cut tape for some other coach, go be a ballboy for Belicheck, get the hell out of town!"

-Joe Beningo

POTW :Typotux:

We could be 14-0 and lose and he'd want ot fire someone, so it's hard to listen to him. He's always negative, and NEVER positive. It needs to be in both directions to really be a valued opinion.

You're absolutely correct. Benigno is the biggest negative nancy around. But he's still right about Mangini. Mangini is in over his head and is a worse HC than Herm.

You're absolutely correct. Benigno is the biggest negative nancy around. But he's still right about Mangini. Mangini is in over his head and is a worse HC than Herm.

Bigger than you, pally? :)

LOL, how can you guys love what a hot and cold running big mouth like Joe Benigno says? He'll say whatever keeps him interesting.

Happy Holidays, SMC. :cheers:

Bigger than you, pally? :)

LOL, how can you guys love what a hot and cold running big mouth like Joe Benigno says? He'll say whatever keeps him interesting.

Happy Holidays, SMC. :cheers:

Happy Holidays, WT!

But how am I a negative nancy? I predicted that this team would go 13-3 and make the SB. I still think that this team can make the SB if they qualify for the playoffs. I just think that Mangini is a horrible coach who has undermined the most talented team the Jets have had since 1998.

Happy Holidays, WT!

But how am I a negative nancy? I predicted that this team would go 13-3 and make the SB. I still think that this team can make the SB if they qualify for the playoffs. I just think that Mangini is a horrible coach who has undermined the most talented team the Jets have had since 1998.

Sorry, just playing around. Mangini picked the players that everybody loves, and got guys like Callahan to "do their thing" and it's pretty good. I feel he's got to confront his own short-comings and really look at his task-master reputation. I don't think he's a horrible coach.

Sorry, just playing around. Mangini picked the players that everybody loves, and got guys like Callahan to "do their thing" and it's pretty good. I feel he's got to confront his own short-comings and really look at his task-master reputation. I don't think he's a horrible coach.

horrible is too kind...just sayin

He probably is right.. but it's hard to listen to him when nothing positive EVER comes out... Now, I'm not saying positive should come out now, definitely not, but how about when we were 8-3.

Archived