Nick Swisher + Xavier Nady Trade Rumors

Morrissey

I'll say it now. Nady will not be half the player Swisher is in 2009. Take that to the bank.

I don't know about "half the player", but ignoring last season, Swisher is certainly the better career hitter. He posted back-to-back seasons of an OPS+ over 125, whereas Nady hadn't ever been over 107 before the big numbers he put up in Pittsburgh last year.

However, it's tough to overlook Swisher's 92 OPS+ from last season and dismiss it as a complete anomaly, when you can't attribute any of it to injury.

I don't know about "half the player", but ignoring last season, Swisher is certainly the better career hitter. He posted back-to-back seasons of an OPS+ over 125, whereas Nady hadn't ever been over 107 before the big numbers he put up in Pittsburgh last year.

However, it's tough to overlook Swisher's 92 OPS+ from last season and dismiss it as a complete anomaly, when you can't attribute any of it to injury.

The only scary thing to look at is he has said he prefers playing 1st base. That was really the only other difference. One can only hope it's an anomaly as a fan though.

When you think about it thats the definition of an anomaly. One bad season amongst a few good ones for no good reason...sounds like an anomaly to me.

Swisher's a good player. I wouldn't mind him on the Cubs. I also wouldn't mind Nady either.

Swisher's biggest flaw besides whiffing so often is he completely falls apart with RISP.

Nady seems to handle those situations much better the last few years. Swisher would be nice depth for any team and could start for some. As money is not a issue with the Yanks the 21 mill doesn't hurt too bad. He has pop as well so with enough AB's he could put up decent numbers HR wise. With guys like Dunn and Abreu still on the market I don't see much of a return for Swisher unless the Yanks eat some money.

Yeah, I seen that. I guess Gorkys is a decent get, but Austin Jackson is a better CF prospect, so I don't know where Gorkys plays, he doesn't translate well to the corner outfield spots.

I'd keep them unless you are getting your 2009 starting CF back. Especially if you have to eat some of the money.

It's a long season and Damon and Matsui will need some time off if recent history is any indication.

Besides, if Austin has a big 1st half in the minors Nady or Swisher can always be moved at the deadline.

I'd keep them unless you are getting your 2009 starting CF back. Especially if you have to eat some of the money.

It's a long season and Damon and Matsui will need some time off if recent history is any indication.

Besides, if Austin has a big 1st half in the minors Nady or Swisher can always be moved at the deadline.

We're on the same page here. Unless the Yankees get blown away with an offer, they might as well just keep them.

If the Braves get desperate and offer Jordan Schafer or Cole Rohrbough, than you do it, but I'm pretty confident they won't.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9207946/Glavine,-Braves-still-in-talks-over-deal?CMP=OTC-K9B140813162&ATT=49

The Braves are believed to have between $6 million and $8 million left to spend this offseason, and the team needs an outfielder more than a starting pitcher. Free agent outfielders Adam Dunn and Bobby Abreu are off the board, leaving a trade for the Yankees' Nick Swisher as the Braves' most likely option.

Swisher and fellow Yankees outfielder Xavier Nady, two of the Braves' trade targets, will earn $6.55 million and $5.3 million this season, respectively. The Yankees are unlikely to include money in any deal

Archived