• Yankees
    • Tigers
    • Cubs
    • White Sox
    • Indians
    • Dodgers
    • Phillies
    • Other

Yeah, I get what you mean. I've been a bandwagon Yankees fan for some time now.

you don't need to be a bandwangon...it's just easy for a team that buys cy young award winners and MVP's every year. Easiest team in sports to cheer for if you're from NY and easiest to hate if you are anywhere else.

LOL.. Let's just declare the Yanks the winner and move on. They might as well rename this the Yankees forum, especially when they're winning.

Come August/September when the slide starts, it's the meeting point for organizing riots against Giraldi & Co. :D

:rl:

you don't need to be a bandwangon...it's just easy for a team that buys cy young award winners and MVP's every year. Easiest team in sports to cheer for if you're from NY and easiest to hate if you are anywhere else.

Not everyone from NY likes the Yankees. Having said that, I've been a Yankees fan way before you were probably born. Am I supposed to stop rooting for the Yankees because they spend the big bucks to put a competitive team on the field every year? I guess if I grew up in a small market town where the owner either didn't have the means or just didn't want to spend the bucks, I would hate the Yankees...envy I guess.

You have to remember also, along with spending the big time bucks, there is greater disappointment when your team doesn't win. Lastly, Yanks haven't won since 2000...money didn't buy jack. Or it's only when the Yanks win?

Not everyone from NY likes the Yankees. Having said that, I've been a Yankees fan way before you were probably born. Am I supposed to stop rooting for the Yankees because they spend the big bucks to put a competitive team on the field every year? I guess if I grew up in a small market town where the owner either didn't have the means or just didn't want to spend the bucks, I would hate the Yankees...envy I guess.

You have to remember also, along with spending the big time bucks, there is greater disappointment when your team doesn't win. Lastly, Yanks haven't won since 2000...money didn't buy jack. Or it's only when the Yanks win?

I know what you're saying.

I grew up a Yankee fan (pops was raised in the bronx) but got really down when they stopped finding the hard working players like O'Neil, Tino and company. Since I didn't live close to the market, I lost interest. Although, if i lived in New York, I'd probably still like them.

With that said, do you find it hard to cheer for guys like Rodriguez? Making all that money and he never comes through when you need him to. IDK, i guess I'll just continue waiting every 25 years for the Brewers to make the playoffs.

The disappointment must be pretty rough when they do spend the big coin. It's certainly a different way of looking at.

Lastly, Yanks haven't won since 2000...money didn't buy jack. Or it's only when the Yanks win?

I don't really know how to respond to that except with an "lol".

lol

The money bought them the best players. Doesn't mean it buys them a championship. Just a greater shot at a championship. They have just been really good at screwing it up lately.

Just because you're not making the best use out of the things you buy doesn't mean the money didn't buy them. Let's say someone buys a gun and fights a guy with a knife. Just because the guy with the gun is a ****ty shot and loses the fight doesn't mean he didn't have the advantage.

Archived