Jets talking to Ty Law

RSJ

I think it would be a good signing, for the right money. He played w/NE - played against Buff, Miami - he knows the receivers, schemes, etc. in the division. He parcticed against the first team offense in NE. I think it would be a very smart move. Plus, one thing about Ty Law, he plays great w/something to prove and a chip on his shoulder. Honestly, this guy is a fierce competitor.

Word. I'm leaning towards Law, myself. You can draft a guy like Smoot in the 2nd-3rd this year. You can't do that with Law.

Word. I'm leaning towards Law, myself. You can draft a guy like Smoot in the 2nd-3rd this year. You can't do that with Law.

No CB who gets drafted this year will come into the NFL as ready as Fred Smoot is today. Id take Smoot starting at CB then any Rookie DB.

No CB who gets drafted this year will come into the NFL as ready as Fred Smoot is today. Id take Smoot starting at CB then any Rookie DB.

Fred Smoot is a good athlete who is still learning how to cover people. IMO, you can get a guy like that, not necessarily as effective as Smoot would be right now, but in the same vein and for about $20 million less.

fred smoothy is fools gold, I've seen him play the giants 2x per year

And the Giants all-star cast of recievers ripped him a new one? I think not.

I've seen Smoot play a ton, being I have a friend who's a Skins fan, and he is the real deal.

An excellent young corner in his prime...exactly what this team needs.

fred smoothy is fools gold, I've seen him play the giants 2x per year

i agree at least Law can impersonate a #1 CB - Smoot talks alot of trash but his game doesn't always back it up - i would rather Law than Smoot for the AFC East experience - the JETS would still have to draft a CB but with Law they could win now -

i agree at least Law can impersonate a #1 CB - Smoot talks alot of trash but his game doesn't always back it up - i would rather Law than Smoot for the AFC East experience - the JETS would still have to draft a CB but with Law they could win now -

Got any third-round sleeper CB's that could come in and learn?

Archived