The United States of America...

victorjets

...are qualified for the 2006 World Cup in Germany.

Sweet. The US has been ranked by some as a top 10 team internationally, so it comes to no surprise that they qualified. Still, they WERE in a tough group, which included an angry Mexican team, and should be happy to come out alive.

Ok now that we gave Soccer it's 2 seconds (more then it deserves) lets go back to American sports. =D>

Soccer is the world sport. The sooner we realize that, the sooner we will gain at least SOME respect from the rest of the world. See, the US did an amazing thing last year in soccer: they put us on the map in the world's most popular sport, and made other nations stand in awe of us at times. If we are strong again in '06, and actually have fans that CARE, it will be a big step in the US at least being able to connect with the rest of the world on some level.

The next challenge is to get over the hump and go deep into the WC. We need to be Final Four at the very least.

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's not going to happen this time. When the World Cup is held in Europe, the top European nations always do well. I expect the semi-finals to be something like France v Germany and Italy v Holland.

Of course I would love to see England win, but it's not going to happen with Sven Borin' Eriksson as manager. I hate him just as much as some people around here hate Herm. :lol:

If any of these predictions turn out to be wrong, feel free to dig up this thread in 10 months time. ;)

I can't understand why no one would NOT be excited about the '06 World Cup if they consider themselves true Americans. The US is supposed to have no business winning international soccer games in the World's greates tournament, and we made it to the FINAL EIGHT. We embarrassed Mexico, whose major source of pride came from dominating us in soccer. Hell, we even put up a fight IN MEXICO during the qualifying games, and there is arguably no tougher place in the World to play than in Mexico City's monstrosity of a soccer stadium.

Now that we are considered a top 10 team by many, it is time to surge ahead and go even further. By 2010, when Freddy Adu is on board, we may even be contending with the elite World teams like Brazil and England. USA!! USA!! USA!!

I'm sorry to disappoint you but it's not going to happen this time. When the World Cup is held in Europe, the top European nations always do well. I expect the semi-finals to be something like France v Germany and Italy v Holland.

Of course I would love to see England win, but it's not going to happen with Sven Borin' Eriksson as manager. I hate him just as much as some people around here hate Herm. :lol:

If any of these predictions turn out to be wrong, feel free to dig up this thread in 10 months time. ;)

I am just saying what the US needs to do. I ddid not say it was plausible. We could draw a group of death. We have never really received an easy group to advance through.

I am just saying what the US needs to do. I ddid not say it was plausible. We could draw a group of death. We have never really received an easy group to advance through.

The problem for the US, and any other country outside Europe, is that there are so many European nations (14) that qualify. That means there will likely be 2 European teams in your group. If you also happen to draw a top African or South American team then you could very easily be facing a tough group.

Soccer is the main sports event across europe. Unfortunately American Football is not that big in germany. This has to be changed!!

Sadly, compared to the rest of Europe, American Football is huge in germany. NFL-Europe would be a distant memory if not for Germany.

Soccer is the main sports event across europe. Unfortunately American Football is not that big in germany. This has to be changed!!

There will always be a hardcore of support (including myself) for the NFL in the UK . However, it will never become mainstream here because our sporting calendar is filled by Soccer, Rugby and Cricket. Personally, I am able to appreciate all three of these as well as American sports, but most people here will dismiss anything they don't understand as 'boring'.

Germany has a better chance to develop support for the NFL due to the lack of alternatives to Soccer. There is talk here of a regular season NFL game being played in the new Wembley Stadium, but I think it is more likely to be played somewhere in Germany. The fans there probably deserve it more anyway.

NFL should change the name to NFL-Germany!! :mrgreen:

I thought they already did. :roll:

Anyone who doesn't think Brazil will win the next World Cup is just fooling themselves.

An is quite simple to come up with this conclusion. Just use the most logical, rational and reasonable way to analyse soccer. The Great Mysterious World Cup Pyramid.

...................................................................Italy

........................................................Argentina.......Argentina

................................................1974............................1990

................................................Germany.........................Germany

........................................1970............................................1994

........................................Brasil............................................Brasil

................................1966............................................................1998

................................England.........................................................France (European country wins the one and only WC at home)

........................1962............................................................................2002

........................Brasil............................................................................Brasil

................1958............................................................................................2006

................Brasil..........................................................................................(Brasil)

........1954............................................................................................................2010

........Germany.........................................................................................................(Germany)

1950............................................................................................................................2014

Uruguay.........................................................................................................................(Brasil lose the final at home)

The 1982 World Cup is at the top of the Pyramid because is when the world of soccer change with the elimination of the high octane brazilian offense.

2006 - Brazil will win in Germany

2010 - Germany will win in Africa

2014 - Brazil will be upset at home in the final just like the 1950'WC.

So there you go, I just give you the next two World Cup winners, PLUS a runner-up which will be a huge upset.

Now you can impress your friends, bet all of your savings and laugh at those poor idiots that don't have a clue of what is gonna happen. Hahaha those idiots!!!

PS: Make sure you inform me how much money you made so we can laugh more at those idiots...

Anyone who doesn't think Brazil will win the next World Cup is just fooling themselves.

An is quite simple to come up with this conclusion. Just use the most logical, rational and reasonable way to analyse soccer. The Great Mysterious World Cup Pyramid.

...................................................................Italy

........................................................Argentina.......Argentina

................................................1974............................1990

................................................Germany.........................Germany

........................................1970............................................1994

........................................Brasil............................................Brasil

................................1966............................................................1998

................................England.........................................................France (European country wins the one and only WC at home)

........................1962............................................................................2002

........................Brasil............................................................................Brasil

................1958............................................................................................2006

................Brasil..........................................................................................(Brasil)

........1954............................................................................................................2010

........Germany.........................................................................................................(Germany)

1950............................................................................................................................2014

Uruguay.........................................................................................................................(Brasil lose the final at home)

The 1982 World Cup is at the top of the Pyramid because is when the world of soccer change with the elimination of the high octane brazilian offense.

2006 - Brazil will win in Germany

2010 - Germany will win in Africa

2014 - Brazil will be upset at home in the final just like the 1950'WC.

Does that mean the Egyptians will qualify again in 2026, with a goalkeeper called Mustapha Kamel?

Northern Ireland 1, England 0.

Abso-bloody-lutely brilliant! =D>

I wasn't joking when I made that comment about Eriksson earlier in this thread. He should have been sacked after the last World Cup. The man has absolutely no tactical knowledge whatsoever.

At least I have the 5th Ashes Test to watch tomorrow. 8)

Archived