Jets 15.5 million under the cap

4HCrew

Does anyone think we can go after Bart Scott now?

I sure as hell hope so.

Would like to address two of our four big holes that we are willing to address via Free Agency (we arn't willing to address Quarterback so the number of holes is now four instead of five). ILB, CB, S & WR are the remaining.

Ed Hartwell, Jaime Sharper. anyone. just curious because i'm also a Ravens fan. what makes everyone think Bart Scott won't be another one of these two guys

Well it's impossible to predict whether or not a player will become injury plagued, except going by his history. Bart Scott has missed 3 games in his 7 years, which leads me to believe he'll see the field, however, Hartwell never missed a game in his 4 years with Baltimore than missed 17 games over the course of two years with ATL. Him staying healthy cannot be attributed to Ray Lewis playing next to him, but just bad luck. If he were healthy and didn't perform than I would say you're right, but it's just a silly comparison.

As for Sharper, I would love if he played like Sharper. As a ravens fan, I'm surprised you mentioned his name like it was a bad thing. He had his 3 most successful individual seasons right after he left baltimore. Unless there is a different Jamie Sharper that I am mistaken with...

Year - Team - Games - Tot - Solo - Ast - PD - SACK - FF - REC - INT - YDS

1997 - Bal ------16----------65----51-----14 ---2------ 3 -----1----- 0------ 1-----4

1998 - Bal ------16----------54----45-----9 -----3------ 1 -----0----- 0------ 0-----0

1999 - Bal-------16----------87----70-----17----2------ 4 -----1----- 0------ 0-----0

2000 - Bal-------16---------67----54-----13----4------0-----1---- 0------ 1-----45

2001 - Bal-------16-------108---77-----31---10------6 -----1----- 0------ 0-----0

2002 -Hou----16-----135--95----40---9-----5.5 --1-----0-----0-----0

2003 - Hou---16-----164--105---59---3---- 4 ----1---- 0------ 0-----0

2004 - Hou---16-----137---96---41---6----- 2 ----1----0------ 0-----0

2005 - Sea------8---------37----28-----9----0-------0 -----1----- 0------ 0-----0

That having been said, there is no insurance that he'll be a stud, but he's played at a high level for a long time and i see no reason why he'd stop. Jamie sharper didn't stop and I don't anticipate Bart Scott stopping.

Also, it should be noted that the first year Scott got significant playing time was the 2005, the year Ray missed 10 games. In Scott's first year starting he recorded 92 total tackles, 4 sacks and 2 forced fumbles. The next year, with Ray playing the full season, he registered 103 tackles to go with 9.5 sacks.

No, Too much money invested in CB is a bad thing. They're the best 2 in the league IMO but I still wouldn't like the move.

I agree, short of a fitzgerald/boldin tandem that cb duo would just be overkill, very very very few teams have a wr core that require that kind of talent, and besides, Revis would get stuck on the #2 guy which i feel would stunt his growth. The money could definitely go elsewhere to better return on investment. I say get a good vet who maybe is just on the beginning of the backside of his career to go opposite revis and mentor lowery who i think has potential for such a late draft pick.

Archived