Jets 15.5 million under the cap

4HCrew

Because the morons around here forgot that the salary cap goes up about $7-8 million each year and Favre & Barrett combined saved us $18.1 million (13 Favre, 5.1 Barrett).

Bitter about something? lol

The JETS are reported anywhere from 7.5 to 18 million under... nobody knows for sure...

Because the morons around here forgot that the salary cap goes up about $7-8 million each year and Favre & Barrett combined saved us $18.1 million (13 Favre, 5.1 Barrett).

http://www.nyjetscap.com/salary09.html

Special Cap Notes for February:

Dave Hutchinson of the Newark Star Ledger has reported that the Jets, after the Favre retirement, have salary cap space of 17 million. His report can be read here .

Rich Cimini of the Daily News has reported the Jets to have 10 million in salary cap space, in a report available here.

John Clayton of ESPN is now reporting that the Jets have 7.5 million in cap room, which can be read here.

Because of all the conflicting numbers I am keeping the estimated cap space at the number in my spreadsheets until I get more clarification as to what the Jets did with other contracts to create more cap space. It should be noted that this number does reflect all workout bonus money, future contracts, and LTBE's incentives that should be on the cap for the team in 2009. It does not include any tenders or escalators. The numbers are also based on the NFL salary cap being set at $123,000,000.

Once the Jets finish their roster purge and contract restructures they should have no problems being players in free agency this season. As more information becomes known the page will be updated to reflect the proper numbers.

You've changed from Vick to Garcia now? How many QB's do you want?

Jeez, no wonder you wanted Jon Gruden for HC.

You've changed from Vick to Garcia now? How many QB's do you want?

Jeez, no wonder you wanted Jon Gruden for HC.

I want either or, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Garcia. Didn't really think Tampa Bay was serious about starting LUKE MCCOWN, but apparently they are. Raheem Morris is going to do one fine job in Tampa. :rl:

BTW ecurb, those numbers were all reported before today. I'll go with today's numbers, Hutchinson was the only one to double check with someone.

I want either or, but if I had to choose, I'd choose Garcia. Didn't really think Tampa Bay was serious about starting LUKE MCCOWN, but apparently they are. Raheem Morris is going to do one fine job in Tampa. :rl:

BTW ecurb, those numbers were all reported before today. I'll go with today's numbers, Hutchinson was the only one to double check with someone.

You dont know that he was the only one... and he contradicts his own #'s... lol... there is no way to know exactly...

You dont know that he was the only one... and he contradicts his own #'s... lol... there is no way to know exactly...

So then why are we still talking about it? :P

The only fact there is is that people on here and other Jet fans over reacated way, way too much. A lot acted as if this team was 40 freakin million over the damn cap. One retirement and they are at WORST $7.5 million under, at worst, that is the worst number seen thus far.

I don't think it's going up this year that much... you calling someone a moron is ironic too.

I don't think it's going up this year that much... you calling someone a moron is ironic too.

It is going up to 124 million for the JETS... what was it last year? Also there has been talk it might go up to as much as 130 million...

I am with you 150% on that. That would give us the deadliest defensive backfield in the league! That would be awesome!!!!

Even him and Revis would be exposed with Mangidiot sending the "blitz"... at least Ryan should take some pressure off whoever is opposite Revis...

It is going up to 124 million for the JETS... what was it last year? Also there has been talk it might go up to as much as 130 million...

The cap moving doesn't help us much because then it just makes the prices of players go up too. but it went up 7M or so, which is more than they projected originally.

Archived