***CC Sabathia, Mark Teixeira, AJ Burnett, Nick Swisher***

Morrissey

Besides the new guys coming in, I looking forward to the season Cano might have. I think he will bounce back offensively and defensively.

If he performs to his potential and stays focused there is no reason why he can't hit .325 and hit 25-30 home runs.

Besides the new guys coming in, I looking forward to the season Cano might have. I think he will bounce back offensively and defensively.

If he performs to his potential and stays focused there is no reason why he can't hit .325 and hit 25-30 home runs.

This is a big season for Cano.. he needs to finally break out and have a consistent season. If he does that he's one of the best 2B in baseball. Right now there is a handfull of guys ahead of him. Quick start is key for him.

i think cc and teixeira are great pick-ups. burnett is really just so-so, imo. if he even stay healthy...you could expect no better than a 4 era.....you'll probably have to score alot for him to win 15 games. just my opinion though. although his career numbers pretty much back that up. is he the #3 for you guys? cc, wang, burnett, pettite, hughes? sorry i haven't been keeping up on your offseaosn too much.

i think cc and teixeira are great pick-ups. burnett is really just so-so, imo. if he even stay healthy...you could expect no better than a 4 era.....you'll probably have to score alot for him to win 15 games. just my opinion though. although his career numbers pretty much back that up. is he the #3 for you guys? cc, wang, burnett, pettite, hughes? sorry i haven't been keeping up on your offseaosn too much.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Burnett. I think he'll pitch well if he stays healthy. He's got a shot at winning between 15 and 17 games. Personally, I think he should be the number 3 behind CC and Wang.

By the way, Joba is going to be the fifth starter. Hughes will only get into the rotation if someone gets hurt.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Burnett. I think he'll pitch well if he stays healthy. He's got a shot at winning between 15 and 17 games. Personally, I think he should be the number 3 behind CC and Wang.

By the way, Joba is going to be the fifth starter. Hughes will only get into the rotation if someone gets hurt.

he's got some upside. and he looks like he's got the tools. he just never really put it all together. will he ever? he's like 31 or 32 already so who knows. new york is a pressure cooker too, which might not help for a guy like him. we'll see though. i'm still upset the mets didn't go after manny. i knwo the guy's got his issues, but i'm betting, with his attitude, he'd absolutely thrive in new york.

he's got some upside. and he looks like he's got the tools. he just never really put it all together. will he ever? he's like 31 or 32 already so who knows. new york is a pressure cooker too, which might not help for a guy like him. we'll see though. i'm still upset the mets didn't go after manny. i knwo the guy's got his issues, but i'm betting, with his attitude, he'd absolutely thrive in new york.

I think the Mets are a decent team with a good chance of making the playoffs. If they ever signed Manny there is no doubt that they would be the favorites in the NL. He makes everyone in the lineup better and he comes through in the clutch (which is something we all know the Mets need).

If I were a Met fan I would be livid that they are not signing him.

This is a big season for Cano.. he needs to finally break out and have a consistent season. If he does that he's one of the best 2B in baseball. Right now there is a handfull of guys ahead of him. Quick start is key for him.

Hopefully the WBC will help him start quicker.

The upside is what makes him exciting. I heard a couple interviews with him and he said some things that were then confirmed in a way by Al Leiter who he's very close to. Essentially AJ was asked why do you think last year was your healthiest year as a starter. His answer was really simple and said "I learned how to pitch. I wasn't overthrowing my fastball, I didn't come into training camp trying to throw 96 mph heaters. I wasn't trying to get guys swinging on it."

Then I heard an interview with Leiter and they asked him why did he think AJ had such trouble staying healthy. Al basically said that AJ always was full bore ahead, pedal to the metal sort of mentality. So he'd come into spring training throwing 200% and during the season he was stubborn and wanted to get guys swinging at heat. Al even made the comparison to himself how he was injured during his youth and then learned to "pitch" which led to his success.

As for Swisher, meh, who knows maybe he ends up like a Brosius kinda guy. If he does well then yes hooray, if not, I won't be dissapointed.

For me, Teixiera is where my excitement lies. I grew up idolizing Donnie Baseball and to have a quality 1st basemen who hits for power and seems to be a standup good guy in pinstrips makes me smile HUGE. I already got a Tex t-shirt.

I think the Mets are a decent team with a good chance of making the playoffs. If they ever signed Manny there is no doubt that they would be the favorites in the NL. He makes everyone in the lineup better and he comes through in the clutch (which is something we all know the Mets need).

If I were a Met fan I would be livid that they are not signing him.

If Pelfrey continues his growth and becomes a 17-19 game stud he could be a huge difference for the Mets. They took care of that bullpen issue, my only real concern for them is Delgado.

The upside is what makes him exciting. I heard a couple interviews with him and he said some things that were then confirmed in a way by Al Leiter who he's very close to. Essentially AJ was asked why do you think last year was your healthiest year as a starter. His answer was really simple and said "I learned how to pitch. I wasn't overthrowing my fastball, I didn't come into training camp trying to throw 96 mph heaters. I wasn't trying to get guys swinging on it."

Then I heard an interview with Leiter and they asked him why did he think AJ had such trouble staying healthy. Al basically said that AJ always was full bore ahead, pedal to the metal sort of mentality. So he'd come into spring training throwing 200% and during the season he was stubborn and wanted to get guys swinging at heat. Al even made the comparison to himself how he was injured during his youth and then learned to "pitch" which led to his success.

As for Swisher, meh, who knows maybe he ends up like a Brosius kinda guy. If he does well then yes hooray, if not, I won't be dissapointed.

For me, Teixiera is where my excitement lies. I grew up idolizing Donnie Baseball and to have a quality 1st basemen who hits for power and seems to be a standup good guy in pinstrips makes me smile HUGE. I already got a Tex t-shirt.

He's capable of putting up a .127 OPS+ and hitting 35 home runs.

Swisher. He hit 35 home runs in 2006.

Yea, I hear ya. But at the same time in 07 and 08 he trended downward and in 08 it was a free fall. So that's why I'm feeling like, meh, he could be falling apart and be another bat in the lineup, or the pinstripes recharge him and he reverts to his 06 form. His RBI's, HR's and SLG all have gone down since 06. If he can get back to that oh man that'd be awesome. Like I said, if he sucks, oh well I wasn't expecting much if he does awesome then I'd be over the moon and know he's got the potential.

Yea, I hear ya. But at the same time in 07 and 08 he trended downward and in 08 it was a free fall. So that's why I'm feeling like, meh, he could be falling apart and be another bat in the lineup, or the pinstripes recharge him and he reverts to his 06 form. His RBI's, HR's and SLG all have gone down since 06. If he can get back to that oh man that'd be awesome. Like I said, if he sucks, oh well I wasn't expecting much if he does awesome then I'd be over the moon and know he's got the potential.

In '07 his +OPS actually went up. '08 was a different story, and most numbers crunchers say it was mostly bad luck and being forced to play a high demand position (CF)

In '07 his +OPS actually went up. '08 was a different story, and most numbers crunchers say it was mostly bad luck and being forced to play a high demand position (CF)

Where do you think we'll put him? I know his OPS+ went up but a lot of the other "traditional" #'s kept going down. If he plays like he did in 07 then I'm happy with that to be honest with you. I think 08 he was a malcontent, he didnt' like Detroit and hated playing CF.

Where do you think we'll put him? I know his OPS+ went up but a lot of the other "traditional" #'s kept going down. If he plays like he did in 07 then I'm happy with that to be honest with you. I think 08 he was a malcontent, he didnt' like Detroit and hated playing CF.

Chicago*

:cheers:

I want him to play the corner outfield positions whenever he can. Hopefully he can get at least 400 at bats. I like him far more than Nady, who doesn't get on base enough.

Chicago*

:cheers:

I want him to play the corner outfield positions whenever he can. Hopefully he can get at least 400 at bats. I like him far more than Nady, who doesn't get on base enough.

Same thing :P. I have no clue why I get the White Sox and Tigers mixed up in my head. It's weird.

Yea corners are fine by me but I'd like to see some power from those positions and we are actually really bad off in those positions. I'm not feeling Melky this year at all.

Same thing :P. I have no clue why I get the White Sox and Tigers mixed up in my head. It's weird.

Yea corners are fine by me but I'd like to see some power from those positions and we are actually really bad off in those positions. I'm not feeling Melky this year at all.

Swisher has more power than Nady, even with a pathetic season in '08 Swisher still hit 24 home runs, while Nady had a career year with 25.

Swisher has more power than Nady, even with a pathetic season in '08 Swisher still hit 24 home runs, while Nady had a career year with 25.

True. Nady also played NL most his career right? For me either or works, which is why I wanted to see one of them moved and I believe I said move Nady.

True. Nady also played NL most his career right? For me either or works, which is why I wanted to see one of them moved and I believe I said move Nady.

I'm glad we didn't trade either of them. We can probably get a #1 pick for Nady after this year. He's Boras client, so he'll be looking for a big contract. It's also nice to have some depth this year. We can give Damon a few days off, ect.

I'm glad we didn't trade either of them. We can probably get a #1 pick for Nady after this year. He's Boras client, so he'll be looking for a big contract. It's also nice to have some depth this year. We can give Damon a few days off, ect.

I thought that was contingent upon us offering him arbitration or something? I can't remember to be honest with you. It does give us depth but IMO it just looks like we got a slew of not that great outfielders. I do hope Gardner can be a high OBP guy.

I thought that was contingent upon us offering him arbitration or something? I can't remember to be honest with you. It does give us depth but IMO it just looks like we got a slew of not that great outfielders. I do hope Gardner can be a high OBP guy.

It is, but he wont accept it. It's not the same situation like we had with Abreu or Giambi, because of the amount of the money where making, chances are they would of accepted arbitration, especially in this years market. Nady isn't making anywhere near that, so he'll be looking for a long term deal, and I'd expect next years market to be different. We'll see. Remember Nady is a Boras client.

It is, but he wont accept it. It's not the same situation like we had with Abreu or Giambi, because of the amount of the money where making, chances are they would of accepted arbitration, especially in this years market. Nady isn't making anywhere near that, so he'll be looking for a long term deal, and I'd expect next years market to be different. We'll see. Remember Nady is a Boras client.

As a Yankee fan one can hope he plays out of his mind in his "contract year" and Swisher is productive as well. That way we can tip our caps to Nady when he leaves for a bigger contract. How many years away is Jackson from coming up?

As a Yankee fan one can hope he plays out of his mind in his "contract year" and Swisher is productive as well. That way we can tip our caps to Nady when he leaves for a bigger contract. How many years away is Jackson from coming up?

He's going to start the year in AAA. Yankees want him to spend the whole year there but who knows, maybe he gets a September call up.

Archived