Punter: Sam Koch

Ghost

Alright I'm a guy who likes the small details and I really wanted Lechler from Oakland but obviously he got re-signed. Another punter who I think is Top 5 in the league is Sam Kock. Some people probably never heard of him but I think this guy got a leg.

He's a RFA (Restricted Free Agent) and I would be willing to give up draft pick(s) for him.

It's Koch (thank god, I wouldn't want anyone named KOCK on my team). It's pronounced COOK and he's the Ravens punter.

He was taken in the 6th round, and most likely got a low tender, meaning we'd have to give up a 6th AND pay him enough where the Ravens would not match the offer.

Alright I'm a guy who likes the small details and I really wanted Lechler from Oakland but obviously he got re-signed. Another punter who I think is Top 5 in the league is Sam Kock. Some people probably never heard of him but I think this guy got a leg.

He's a RFA (Restricted Free Agent) and I would be willing to give up draft pick(s) for him.

We should sign him, and then get Mike Nugent to legally change his name to Tony Balls for the upcoming season. That would make for a spectacular kicking tandem, in my opinion.

It's Koch (thank god, I wouldn't want anyone named KOCK on my team). It's pronounced COOK and he's the Ravens punter.

He was taken in the 6th round, and most likely got a low tender, meaning we'd have to give up a 6th AND pay him enough where the Ravens would not match the offer.

Damn it. There goes a season of comedy gold.

Are you correcting me?

Yeah, sure it is. I really don't want anyone denying their Jewish roots on the team... :P

Well if he's a Raven, Rex should have a pretty solid idea about whether this guy is worth one of his picks and a big enough contract to scare Baltimore off. But even then -unless they come up with some sort of poison pill- I think it'll be tough to do.

Give him a 4 year, 8M deal, that goes to 15M if he punts 4 or more games in Maryland in the 1st yr of the contract.

The player has to really want out to sign one of those deals though, too. Does he? Or would he be more interested in generating some interest just so that Baltimore pays him?

A sixth round pick and a contract like that really wouldn't bother me.

The player has to really want out to sign one of those deals though, too. Does he? Or would he be more interested in generating some interest just so that Baltimore pays him?

A sixth round pick and a contract like that really wouldn't bother me.

yes, obviously, the guy has to want to come to NJ. If, for instance, he knows the Ravens will give him 4 yrs/8M, then he'd have no incentive to do it. However, if the Ravens are offering, lets say a 2 yr deal with 3.25M, this deal may be enough to get the Ravens to not match (even though the terms aren't far off) because their terms are 4/15, all guaranteed say.

LOL Sam Kock

I guess you are a fan of the "small details"

Archived