Baseball Prospectus Projected Standings

GimmeShelter

Not a chance in the world.

Why?

If healthy, the Sox could win 100. Easily.

With Beckett, Lester and Dice-K, they have three pitchers who are good for at least 15 wins. Wake is Wake. He is good for 10-15 wins and when the knuckleball is working, like 2007, he can win 17 games for you. Between Penny, SMoltz and Bucholz they can piece together enough wins at the 5 spot.

Their offense will be good. Not as good as a few years back, but as long as Big Papi and Lowell are healthy, they can do damage.

Why?

If healthy, the Sox could win 100. Easily.

With Beckett, Lester and Dice-K, they have three pitchers who are good for at least 15 wins. Wake is Wake. He is good for 10-15 wins and when the knuckleball is working, like 2007, he can win 17 games for you. Between Penny, SMoltz and Bucholz they can piece together enough wins at the 5 spot.

Their offense will be good. Not as good as a few years back, but as long as Big Papi and Lowell are healthy, they can do damage.

Eh, I think it will actually fall more on Pedroia and Youk to produce more for you guys. If their bats fall dead this year it changes the entire dynamic of your offense. I think this is gonna be a RIDICULOUSLY fun year for us AL East fans.

Eh, I think it will actually fall more on Pedroia and Youk to produce more for you guys. If their bats fall dead this year it changes the entire dynamic of your offense. I think this is gonna be a RIDICULOUSLY fun year for us AL East fans.

It is.

If Lil' Dusty and Youk's bats disappear, the Sox are f'd.

The Sox were second in the AL in runs with everything that happened last year. A healthy Big Papi, Lowell and Drew can go a long way to fixing things.

I actually think none of these 3 teams could win 100 games, because the division is so tough. Every one of these teams would win 100 games if they were in any other division, but I think the most a team will win this year is about 95 to 98.

I am predicting about

Yankees 98 Wins

Red Sox 95 Wins

Rays 89 Wins

I actually think none of these 3 teams could win 100 games, because the division is so tough. Every one of these teams would win 100 games if they were in any other division, but I think the most a team will win this year is about 95 to 98.

I am predicting about

Yankees 98 Wins

Red Sox 95 Wins

Rays 89 Wins

It will be tough.

Not much room for error or prolonged slumps.

You can miss the division and wildcard.

It is.

If Lil' Dusty and Youk's bats disappear, the Sox are f'd.

The Sox were second in the AL in runs with everything that happened last year. A healthy Big Papi, Lowell and Drew can go a long way to fixing things.

I'm interested to see how Drew handles the grind of a full year in the AL East. He did quite well in the trade but now he's got a full year ahead of him. I know Varitek does a good job for you behind the plate but is it just me or does it seem they're giving up a spot in their batting order just for that reason?

Archived