WR position

jetsjets

Rex is doing a great job with the D!!!! O line is in tack and looks like we'll stick with the 3 QBs already in place. WR is now our weakest position. what do we do? bring in a vet? draft? we sure as hell can start the season with the WR we have now.

We need a WR who is tall and fast. A playmaker. Jeremy Maclin might be there at 17. But what does anyone know about Kenny Britt the kid from Rutgers? Is he worth the 17th pick or should we trade down and get an extra #4. Minnesota might want to trade up and take Sanchez.

I love Britt, but most people have him a bit behind DHB, Nicks, and Harvin. Depending how the draft is going, I'd love to trade down a few spots and still get one of the receivers. Of course, that depends on how quickly they're flying off the draft board when it comes time for us to pick.

I love Britt, but most people have him a bit behind DHB, Nicks, and Harvin. Depending how the draft is going, I'd love to trade down a few spots and still get one of the receivers. Of course, that depends on how quickly they're flying off the draft board when it comes time for us to pick.

Draft Daddy has us taking Britt in round 1in their updated mock. They say he had a "great combine". I know the Giants want him.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/MD/index.htm

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80eef17e&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

(Not factoring in compensation picks)

Round 1 Pick 17

Round 2 Pick 52

Round 3 Pick 76 (From Saints - Vilma)

Round 4 Pick 111 (From Redskins - Kendall)

Round 6 Pick 180

Round 7 Pick 211

Traded Picks

Round 3 Pick 83 (To Packers - Favre)

Round 4 Pick 114 (To Saints - Vilma)

Round 5 Pick 145 (To Eagles - Sheppard)

Rex is doing a great job with the D!!!! O line is in tack and looks like we'll stick with the 3 QBs already in place. WR is now our weakest position. what do we do? bring in a vet? draft? we sure as hell can start the season with the WR we have now.

No.....QB is still our weakest position.

We'll just have to wait and see if they draft a QB, a WR or whatever. For the first time since Parcells got here, I have a sense that the coaching staff knows something and has a plan in place. Parcells took over a 1-15 team and went to 9-7. Rex is taking over a 9-7 team that just missed the playoffs because of poor coaching and already has improved the D significantly. I think he has more than a clue as to what to do and draft. At least, I hope so. I have been a Jets fan since 1964 and have a feeling, I've only had a few times that this team could be special.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80eef17e&template=without-video-with-comments&confirm=true

(Not factoring in compensation picks)

Round 1 Pick 17

Round 2 Pick 52

Round 3 Pick 76 (From Saints - Vilma)

Round 4 Pick 111 (From Redskins - Kendall)

Round 6 Pick 180

Round 7 Pick 211

Traded Picks

Round 3 Pick 83 (To Packers - Favre)

Round 4 Pick 114 (To Saints - Vilma)

Round 5 Pick 145 (To Eagles - Sheppard)

How did we lose a draft pick in trading vilma away?? wasnt the deal vilma for a conditional pick straight up?

How did we lose a draft pick in trading vilma away?? wasnt the deal vilma for a conditional pick straight up?

We didn't lose a pick. We got their fourth last year, so because Vilma hit the escalator to up it to a third this year, we have to give back the fourth.

I think this is what will happen, QB if Sanchez is there. DE The guy from LSU is there. Then a toss up between WR or RB if not. The second round will be one of the 4 positions we didn't take. If the front office really likes Sanchez we will move up. If crabtree starts to slip, then I could see us trading up for him. Looking at free agency I doubt that Crab goes to the Seahawks, but I think Jacks at 8 would take him. If Sanchez falls past the 9ers spot then I would think we might make a play for him. The only reason I see us passing on Sanchez is because we already have some really young QB's now.

No.....QB is still our weakest position.

\

yeah pretty much. at least we have a wr that we know is capable of starting the nfl. at qb we have a guy who has been complete crap since we drafted him 3 years ago in the second round...and one guy who threw 2 nice passes to a wide open receiver against 4th stringers. oh and ainge....

Archived