My 1st Mock of 2009

I will do another one or two before the draft, just had some time on my hands tonight and felt like doing a rough one.

1. Detroit: QB Matthew Stafford

2. St.Louis: LT Jason Smith

3. Kansas City: OLB Aaron Curry

4. Seattle: OT Eugene Monroe

5. Cleveland: OLB Brian Orakpo

6. Cincinnati: DT B.J. Raji

7. Oakland: WR Michael Crabtree

8. Jacksonville: WR Jeremy Maclin

9. Green Bay: CB Malcom Jenkins

10. San Francisco: QB Mark Sanchez

11. Buffalo: OLB Brian Cushing

12. Denver: ILB Rey Maualuga

13. Washington: OT Michael Oher

14. New Orleans: CB Vontae Davis

15. Houston: OLB Clay Matthews

16. San Diego: DE Tyson Jackson

17. NYJets: WR Darrius Heyward-Bey

18. Chicago: WR Hakeem Nicks

19. Tampa Bay: DT Peria Jerry

20. Detroit: OT William Beatty

21. Philadelphia: TE Brandon Pettigrew

22. Minnesota: C Alex Mack

23. New England: ILB/OLB Clint Sintim

24. Atlanta: CB/S Sean Smith

25. Miami: CB D.J. Moore

26. Baltimore: ILB James Laurinatis

27. Philadelphia: RB Chris Wells

28. Indianapolis: WR Percy Harvin

29. NYGiants: WR Brian Robiskie

30. Tennessee: CB Darius Butler

31. Arizona: RB Knowshon Moreno

32. Pittsburgh: OT Eben Britton

If anyone wants to explain a pick, I will.

Explain the first pick.

With Peterson being picked up, I don't see Detroit going with Curry there. Even so, it is Detroit and I think that they are that stupid that they are going to take a Quarterback. This isn't what I think these teams should do, its what I truly believe what they will do. They should take Curry or Smith, they'll take Stafford. They're dumbness never amazes me.

124 Can you explain the reasoning San Fran would take Sanchez? I have a few friends who are 49er's fans and they seem pretty happy with Hill, or at least comfortable enough not to use their 1st round pick on Sanchez. Do you think its more-so the organization isn't happy with him? Because honestly I thought Hill didn't look too bad either.

124 Can you explain the reasoning San Fran would take Sanchez? I have a few friends who are 49er's fans and they seem pretty happy with Hill, or at least comfortable enough not to use their 1st round pick on Sanchez. Do you think its more-so the organization isn't happy with him? Because honestly I thought Hill didn't look too bad either.

I think San Francisco could go either Sanchez or Freeman there, I don't think they internally like Hill as much as they say they do. They re-did Alex Smith's deal to give him another chance, which maybe makes the pick of Sanchez or Freeman less likely, but I think they'll take a shot here on Sanchez. If they don't, I could see them taking a DE/OLB tweener WAY WAY too early like Evrette Brown or Aaron Maybin. I think Sanchez is going to be garbage personally, but I just see San Francisco going that way when its all said and done.

Why DHB over over Nicks?

Easy.

Size & speed. Jets need a tall, fast, deep threat and DHB beats out Nicks in all three of those catagories. I like Nicks but he's more like Cotchery than he is a deep threat.

you claim that you think this is what teams will do, however, your forgeting the fact that al davis loves 40 times. micheal crabtree has no 40 time, and will not be a raider unless something happens to Al between now and the draft

Michael Crabtree has game tape and Al Davis falls in love with big play receivers, he'll take him.

I think San Francisco could go either Sanchez or Freeman there, I don't think they internally like Hill as much as they say they do. They re-did Alex Smith's deal to give him another chance, which maybe makes the pick of Sanchez or Freeman less likely, but I think they'll take a shot here on Sanchez. If they don't, I could see them taking a DE/OLB tweener WAY WAY too early like Evrette Brown or Aaron Maybin. I think Sanchez is going to be garbage personally, but I just see San Francisco going that way when its all said and done.

I should slap you, it's never to early to take Everette Brown. :face:

Michael Crabtree has game tape and Al Davis falls in love with big play receivers, he'll take him.

buddy you dont know AL do you? people who have worked with Al for years are saying that Al will never pick a player without his 40 time. i guess u know something that even those people dont

• 6 months later...
Explain the first pick.

With Peterson being picked up, I don't see Detroit going with Curry there. Even so, it is Detroit and I think that they are that stupid that they are going to take a Quarterback. This isn't what I think these teams should do, its what I truly believe what they will do. They should take Curry or Smith, they'll take Stafford. They're dumbness never amazes me.

Explain the second pick.

You're just going to do this for all 32 picks, I know you too well. :P

Forgot about this.

LOL. I friggin' rule.

Archived