Yankees vs. Rays @ Tropicana Field

Morrissey

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate when Joe Maddon gets cute with the lineups just about every time we go up against a LHP...No Longoria? No Navarro? And now he has Bartlett batting 6th? Iy yi yi...

Maddon is a great manager and knows more about baseball than I could ever know but @ the same time...I would rather see Longo in the lineup over Aybar any day of the week and Navarro actually calls a good game behind the plate...I just dont understand

Well...Looks like Imah be listening to the game over the radio today because my girl has family over @ the house watching TV in each and every room, lol, looks like I'll have to listen to a ****ty lineup, J/K...GO RAYS!

If we can take this series 2-1 that would be huge because we would then be 4-2 against the Sox and Yanks here in 09

Longoria will be gone for 2 days, he's at some family even in California.

Ok, thanks for the info...I was thinking Maddon was trying to get cute again. Aybar is a solid backup but he's no Longoria but I cant complain because the Yankees are also without their 3rd basemen.

Sonnanstine usually finds ways to get outs and win games for the Rays but @ the same time...He scares me and I'm never confident when Andy is on the mound...I love Kazmir, Shields, Garza and cant wait to see David Price here in 09 but I just get nervious everytime Sonnanstine takes the mound. He has good breaking stuff but when his balls arent breaking, it's batting practice.

What is Tex looking for there? He looked at 3 strikes... swing the bat man!

Thats what I was saying all year about Carlos Pena last year... He was always getting the called 3rd strike without swinging the bat but he really turned it around after the A.S break and started to swing the bat.

Damn, Upton almost went deep to start off the game!

Sonnanstine always gets rocked before the 4th inning...If he can have another solid 2nd, 3rd and 4th inning...I like our chances with him on the mound

YANKEES

1. Jeter SS
  2. Damon LF
  3. Teixeira 1B
  4. Swisher RF
  5. Posada DH
  6. Cano 2B
  7. Gardner CF
  8. Pena 3B
  9. Molina C

Looks like they are slowly phasing out Matsui. I think the Yankees are better off having Molina catch anyway. Posada has a good bat, but seems like to me when the pitching is getting pounded, Posada's behind the plate.

I LOVE how Upton plays a shallow CF...I cant think of ANY CF who plays as shallow as Upton and the thing is...He has the blazing speed to catch just about any ball hit deep.

If you love Upton so much, why don't you marry him? j/k.....or am I?

What an inning for the Rays there in the 3rd...Not only did we make Andy work on the mound, but we also put up a solid two runs!

2-0 Rays and I'm loving it.

Sonnanstine usually gets rocked before the 3rd but after the 3rd inning...The man is usually money with his breaking pitches. I would like to see Sonnanstine pitch the 4th, 5th and 6th then turn it over to the bullpen

I root for Carlos Beltran, he is the best overall CF in baseball IMO.

I would take Upton over Beltran...Upton has better speed, plays a better CF and has the best arm out of ANY CF in the game today... He's also really good @ the plate.

Overall...Upton does more for the Rays than Beltran does for the Mets

Archived