New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

Settle down, Beavis. I'm catching up. And aside from mentioning me in a "post count" post, I don't think you've mentioned me at all previous to me voting for you. Suspicious.

Aside from mentioning you ina post count post? That's the whole reason I just mentioned you then :P

I've said every time I mentioned you I think you're usually quiet...so I'm not sure why you're getting a little upset here.

Suspicious ;)

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
JT and Woody are always quiet. Unlike the other members of the Axis, I don't vote based on inactivity. If they're scum, we may not find them today, but we'll get them. Some players I analyze by how they act, but others you can only go off the votes.

The only game I remember Pac from was the first. He said, in the sign-up thread, before a single PM was sent, or vote cast, that he was going to bum-rush CTM. He did just that, and got himself killed day one. I think he's mostly a lunatic, but he is high on my list.

Gentle, with some light to moderate biting.

lol

And grats on the emmy nom too, man. Pretty sick

Exactly.

Plus as a first timer here at JN, we should observe the don't early lynch the first timer unwritten rule we've been working with..

Pac's already getting more rabid, it's only a matter of time before he goes nuclear and takes a few people down with him :D

I have no doubt that one of them will be you.

Pac had the first "self vote" in Mafia game (Jets fan version). He flipped out when Gagoots questioned him in a game, when ballistic, and voted for himself saying he was quiting the game.

It was hilarious.

It really was:

Yeah I guess the game is a lot more fun just sitting in silence hoping no one votes for you. I thought it might be more entertaining to talk smack whether it made sense or not until we got it going.

I'd never quit but here let me help you out.

Unvote- CTM

Vote- PAC2566

1 more is all you need.

And so began the completely absurd trend of Jets fans self-voting in mafia games when they are innocent.

I have no doubt that one of them will be you.

Not going to happen.. Not this time..

ANd btw, how often are you in this thread without posting? It seems like when you do post you are responding to something said within the last few minutes..

Pac had the first "self vote" in Mafia game (Jets fan version). He flipped out when Gagoots questioned him in a game, when ballistic, and voted for himself saying he was quiting the game.

It was hilarious.

And this is why, while suspicious of him for obvious reasons, I kinda want to keep him around.

I see...hmm

Aside from mentioning you ina post count post? That's the whole reason I just mentioned you then :P

I've said every time I mentioned you I think you're usually quiet...so I'm not sure why you're getting a little upset here.

Suspicious ;)

On the contrary, I'm not upset at all. Just pointing out that you haven't inquired with anyone as to my game habits until I voted for you.

On the contrary, I'm not upset at all. Just pointing out that you haven't inquired with anyone as to my game habits until I voted for you.

I hadn't asked Woody either, or Sharrow. I know the answer to Sharrow, as EY and CTM both commented on him earlier when he was questioned. I see your point, but I'm not calling you scum (nor am I calling Woody--infact I had a post about both of you not too many pages ago) and we posted post counts before you voted me, correct?

I hadn't asked Woody either, or Sharrow. I know the answer to Sharrow, as EY and CTM both commented on him earlier when he was questioned. I see your point, but I'm not calling you scum (nor am I calling Woody--infact I had a post about both of you not too many pages ago) and we posted post counts before you voted me, correct?

Yeah, that's what I was saying. You didn't mention me in any capacity other than post count until I voted for you. Then it was "Are JT and WP always this quiet?" in two separate posts. Whatever. My foot is killing me. Ever try walking with stitches in your foot? Every step feels like they're going to tear. Stupid doctor is like, "Extra Strength Tylenol should help with the pain," and I'm like, "Um. Anything stronger?" and he's like, "Get out." :D Funny, but not.

It was hilarious.

LOL.

That was the 1st game I played. I had no idea what the hell I was doing and only participated because it allowed me a platform to attack CTM. The gagoots thing really pissed me off because I was innocent and he was just about the most unethical poster on JI.

Glad it was entertaining though....

Yeah, that's what I was saying. You didn't mention me in any capacity other than post count until I voted for you. Then it was "Are JT and WP always this quiet?" in two separate posts. Whatever. My foot is killing me. Ever try walking with stitches in your foot? Every step feels like they're going to tear. Stupid doctor is like, "Extra Strength Tylenol should help with the pain," and I'm like, "Um. Anything stronger?" and he's like, "Get out." :D Funny, but not.

Ouch--what happened?

LOL.

That was the 1st game I played. I had no idea what the hell I was doing and only participated because it allowed me a platform to attack CTM. The gagoots thing really pissed me off because I was innocent and he was just about the most unethical poster on JI.

Having stalkers is teh bomb..

HAHAHAHAHAHHAA....

Indeed. That's why like the family dog, I'll only 'put him down' when there are no other options.

add "family dog" to "moron" and "fairy godmother".

I'm inclined to believe you are either:

a) trying to push buttons to get me to go chimpanzee

B) secretly have a crush on me and are hoping I whisper sweet nothings in your ear

at this point I'm not interested in either option but knowing you are "emmy nominated" certainly helps the cause for the latter.

B) secretly have a crush on me and are hoping I whisper sweet nothings in your ear

at this point I'm not interested in either option but knowing you are "emmy nominated" certainly helps the cause for the latter.

:rl:

2379636063_0013b529e3.jpg

don't flatter yourself.... it was based on your irrational Pennington attacks the board had endure from you all season.

Yes, so you followed me to mafia to harrass me in another venue.

That's pretty much the definition of stalking numbnuts

I didn't "follow you" anywhere chief. I was interested in seeing what the game was about and you happened to be there. Being able to hurl attacks your way was a bonus.

All of this has been fun, but we need to move this game along somewhere. I suggest we all make up a list of our most suspicious posters, and work from there.

I'll start:

1) Norway. Reasons previously stated.

2) Pac. Not really playing like himself, nothing specific, but I'm getting a bad vibe from him for reasons I can't put my finger on.

3) SMC. The idea of a cop who can kill scum without revealing is so crazy I can't understand why an innocent would put it out there. Nothing else he's done really reads as scummy to me.

4) EY. Oddly non-analytical this game.

AVM, for whatever reason, is not pinging my scumdar. Neither is CTM (my only case on him relied on Vic being guilty; since I'm now convinced Vic is the cop, I'm no longer suspicious of him - though the "no counterclaim" thing has my hackles up).

I'm also concerned about Woody and Jets Things, if only because they always slide by the first few days without pressure, mainly because their play style doesn't leave much for any of us to analyze. That's scary, and I'd like them investigated sooner rather than later, because they'll be very hard to catch if they are mafia.

don't flatter yourself.... it was based on your irrational Pennington attacks the board had endure from you all season.

I didn't "follow you" anywhere chief. I was interested in seeing what the game was about and you happened to be there. Being able to hurl attacks your way was a bonus.

:drama:

All of this has been fun, but we need to move this game along somewhere. I suggest we all make up a list of our most suspicious posters, and work from there.

I'll start:

2) Pac. Not really playing like himself, nothing specific, but I'm getting a bad vibe from him for reasons I can't put my finger on.

3) SMC. The idea of a cop who can kill scum without revealing is so crazy I can't understand why an innocent would put it out there. Nothing else he's done really reads as scummy to me.

AVM, for whatever reason, is not pinging my scumdar. Neither is CTM (my only case on him relied on Vic being guilty; since I'm now convinced Vic is the cop, I'm no longer suspicious of him - though the "no counterclaim" thing has my hackles up).

I'm also concerned about Woody and Jets Things, if only because they always slide by the first few days without pressure, mainly because their play style doesn't leave much for any of us to analyze. That's scary, and I'd like them investigated sooner rather than later, because they'll be very hard to catch if they are mafia.

agreed. off to the gym but I'll be back with a similar post.

I must say though... how is it that you can tell when I'm playing like myself when I didn't even know I had a "style"? I'm doing what I've always done which is crack a couple lame jokes while trying to find scum. Right now I happen to feel it's AVM but you're not that far behind.

LOL.

Lynch All Liars?

;)

My top 3 right now are:

Pac

CTM

Norway

Now that I've realized it's in no way just a show, the CTM vs. Pac fight isn't as strong a reason to put suspicion on him. I still don't feel great about him, but the point (which, though, was brought up by him) that two scum individually wouldn't be on me alone is very good.

Norway has good explanations for being away, but good explanations (and real ones, at that) don't necessarily lead to innocence. Nor does being less active lead to scuminess.

As CTM has mentioned the "axis of evil" (himself, EY, and Doggin) gets a lot of slack, and EY in particular for me after last game. Like I've said before, I feel decent about him this game, which worries me.

AVM, for whatever reason, is not pinging my scumdar.

I know...it's because I'm awesome. No need to explain Doggin ;)

I must say though... how is it that you can tell when I'm playing like myself when I didn't even know I had a "style"? I'm doing what I've always done which is crack a couple lame jokes while trying to find scum. Right now I happen to feel it's AVM but you're not that far behind.

Back off....that's my job around these parts :D

It was mainly the avoidance of attacking CTM off the bat and almost reasonableness that scared me :biggrin:

Agreed, I've posted mine several times but as of right now, I'm ok with either of our 2 leaders, and here's why

1) SMC - As I said to start this day, wasn't a fan of his "I'll vote if you vote post he made about Jets Babe." IF he's scum, it allows him to help lynch an innocent Jets Babe and being able to blame another person for doing it. He's explained this action, andn I do feel a bit better about it, but not completely. Also, I was surprised the way he never attacked me in this game. After what happened last game with the modkill, I was sort of expecting it, and then really expected it when I listed him as a suspect, but he never really came back at me until after I brought up his lack of a response as suspicious

2) AVM - As discussed ad nauseum, I felt he's play style had changed enough to be suspicious, was doing more buddy'ing up this game then last. Also of note is that JVOR was doing some early distancing by continuing to press a case against AVM. (He did the same thing to Sharrow last game, which in JVOR's mind I'm certain was succesful)

I'll start:

Doggin, as for me, I might as well ignore it, because you're never going to believe me, but the less analytical comes from the fact that I can't get to the computer until 345-400 every day.

Usually, I'm on all day in one way or another, and I can see things as they develop. Now, I'm having to process 100 or more posts at a time, and so it's harder to pick and chose what's what.

Evidence of this is how I hate Dan X's long posts right now. They're almost burdensome to read when I'm trying to catch up with so much material each day.

Good news is, my life goes back to normal this friday. I should be back to form.

I'm working on a list in another window, of those getting votes right now. Should be up soon.

Vote Count:

AVM (3) - Pac2566, WoodyPaige, Jets Things

SMC (2) - EY, Vicious89x

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (2) - Doggin94it, Sharrow

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

Doggin94it (2) - CTM, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

CTM (1) - SMC

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

Alright, guys, lets re-focus...

I'm going to give my thoughts on everyone who's received a vote. We can hopefully get something going.

AVM: I don't like the initial push with JVOR. Smells a lot like last game. His activity change doesn't bother me that much and he's pushing the case on someone else who I think is suspicious. I would like to hear again (so I don't have to search) why Woody is voting for him. I would be comfortable voting for him.

SMC: I do not like that he was 'willing to bet' on his absurd ROBOCOP role. I also don't like that his main goals are to eliminate me, doggin, and CTM. Obviously I'm against this as a defense mechanism, but also because I think CTM is very valuable this game, and Doggin can be as well, though not sold on his alignment yet. I'm confident with my vote.

Norway: I'm not certain what the case is on him. Doggin, can you please give me the short synopsis. I wont vote for him for disappearing, I'm sure he has a life. I don't think people should have to synopsize where they will be and where they have been all day to play this game. I'm not currently comfortable voting for him.

Pac: Definitely Pinging the scumdar hard. He ususally does though. It'd be a shame to kill him before an epic explosion. However, if this is what causes the game to progress. I'd be confident in voting for him.

Doggin: If I have to chose between Doggin and CTM. I'm siding with CTM hands down right now. That doesn't mean I'm ready to whack Doggin. I not currently comfortable voting for him.

CTM: Will not vote for him today.

Archived