New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guaranteed townie = mafia's turkey shoot.

It's mafia strategy to leave the suspicious guys live because they'll likely get offed by the town in a vote during the day, and NK the clearly innocent townies who won't get doc protected.

If AVM claims early as an innocent townie he's easy picking for a NK because the doc surely won't protect him.

what's your take on the reveal... do you believe him?

Guaranteed townie = mafia's turkey shoot.

It's mafia strategy to leave the suspicious guys live because they'll likely get offed by the town in a vote during the day, and NK the clearly innocent townies who won't get doc protected.

If AVM claims early as an innocent townie he's easy picking for a NK because the doc surely won't protect him.

Maybe... That's assuming everyone believed him..

Even still, essentially what happenned was we spent 100's of posts debating a restriction and eventually got it out of him anyway so now we are where we could've been yesterday :D

Yeah but then he said this.

Sounds like hes implying theres another part.

Or implying that he can't give any more details because of Bleedin's ammended rules about quoting or referring to anything from a PM..

btw, wtf dude? Everytime something happens you arrive out of the blue within like 10 minutes..

what's your take on the reveal... do you believe him?

I cautiously believe him.

The thing is, he could be TO. BUT, is AVM devious enough to claim to be Kerry Rhodes to cover that? Plus, as mentioned, as scum, that would be a real tough restriction to have.

Or implying that he can't give any more details because of Bleedin's ammended rules about quoting or referring to anything from a PM..

btw, wtf dude? Everytime something happens you arrive out of the blue within like 10 minutes..

Someone else referred to it earlier today, when they asked him how often he lurked. If memory serves me correctly, he said it depends

I've been sick the last couple days so I don't have a lot going on right now.

Maybe... That's assuming everyone believed him..

Even still, essentially what happenned was we spent 100's of posts debating a restriction and eventually got it out of him anyway so now we are where we could've been yesterday :D

Yeah, pretty much. That did save us.

Now, if there is 1 player with a restriction, there has to be more.

I cautiously believe him.

The thing is, he could be TO. BUT, is AVM devious enough to claim to be Kerry Rhodes to cover that? Plus, as mentioned, as scum, that would be a real tough restriction to have.

well he has had the better part of 2 days to come up with a plan... not being part of that 1st game (which sounded like a blast) is making it hard for me here.

well he has had the better part of 2 days to come up with a plan... not being part of that 1st game (which sounded like a blast) is making it hard for me here.

Touche. That or I was trying my hardest not to throw it out there unless I absolutely had to

Doggin- He has said recently that he caught the feeling that Vic had a role after the 1st plea to give him one last vote. If that's the case, why was he voting for him right out of the gates on day 2 and also pressuring him for details. If he knew that was a mistake (as I admittedly didn't) why do it? Why not just leave it alone? I also get the feeling he's once again trying to drive the bus full of townies towards the nearest cliff.

He didn't make the plea until after the second vote on him day 2. I've already explained why I made sure the reveal was made clear enough to get him doc protection or trip him up.

I guess all I have left to do is play my only card, as unhelpful as it may be. Like I said, I'm not a SK or Vig, I'm merely a roleless townie. Obviously I cant state name, but I can say that CTM was dead on first day when he kept pressing to see if I had a posting requirement. Notice my posting every day about how awesome I am?

yes, it was pretty obvious, and I've been thinking you're rhodes. Won't ask you to confirm. You should be investigated at some point, but like I said, I'm reading you as innocent

lol. more like 4 minutes.

It's like he's hiding in the back of the club but suddenly appears when someone offers to buy a round.

Hard to believe BG would just give this type of post restriction without some kind of power or something that actually impacts the game. I don't how having to be ****y like that really impacts the game much. I feel pretty sure there's more to it.

Vicious claims he has a power role as the finder, saying he's the NFL Player Rep. According to the NFLPA's website, Tony Richardson is the Jets NFL player rep. So, if Bleedin did his homework (which undoutedly he did), Vicious should be Richardson.

There has to be a doc in this game, so it has to be one of the players. I doubt there are any non-player in this game. The doc would likely be a dependable person, someone who provides protection. My guess it's an Olineman, likely Mangold or DBrick.

Not that it requires a restriction....

After all, I am the greatest 2nd time mafia player JN has ever seen

(no offense slats/dan) ;)

No offense taken. :D

I believe you about the restriction. This solidifies my feeling about Pac, and I'd feel comfortable voting either him or SMC (if enough people still prefer SMC over Pac, now that you're an additional scum target). Sorry I didn't get to read everything very carefully, I'm going back to do that now.

Ok, I wish you would've come clean or been more vague about not having a restriction and let us come to our own conclusion. But for now I beleive you..

That leaves Doggin as my favorite, followed by SMC..

I think I'm staying on Doggin for now..

No offense taken. :D

I believe you about the restriction. This solidifies my feeling about Pac, and I'd feel comfortable voting either him or SMC (if enough people still prefer SMC over Pac, now that you're an additional scum target). Sorry I didn't get to read everything very carefully, I'm going back to do that now.

How exactly does believing him solidify your belief on me? something smells funny here.

How exactly does believing him solidify your belief on me? something smells funny here.

I think the funny smell is coming from you, haha. :P Believing AVM to be innocent makes me feel better that another innocent player aside from myself is also getting scummy vibes from you. AVM has been making a case against you for a while, and if he's innocent (possibly with a power role), I feel better about trusting when his reasoning lines up with mine. I know that in itself isn't enough, since we both agreed about JB, too, but it's reassuring to me to believe he's not scum trying to edge me down the wrong path.

And it doesn't make you look any better that you kept claiming no one besides AVM looked scummy to you (which you have stopped saying since being questioned about it).

Vicious claims he has a power role as the finder, saying he's the NFL Player Rep. According to the NFLPA's website, Tony Richardson is the Jets NFL player rep. So, if Bleedin did his homework (which undoutedly he did), Vicious should be Richardson.

There has to be a doc in this game, so it has to be one of the players. I doubt there are any non-player in this game. The doc would likely be a dependable person, someone who provides protection. My guess it's an Olineman, likely Mangold or DBrick.

Yup... you got it.

Ok, light bulb went on mid post.. must be kerry rhodes

Glad you came clean about the restriction cause the awesome thing is what was bothering me a lot but I didn't mention cause I wanted to see where it went or who else noticed..

Why not come clean from the get go though, back on day 1, when I was pressuring you?

I noticed but thought it was just part of his new jokey personality. :P So people are thinking there must be other players with restrictions? But that's something we shouldn't bring up if we notice, yes?

I think the funny smell is coming from you, haha. :P Believing AVM to be innocent makes me feel better that another innocent player aside from myself is also getting scummy vibes from you. AVM has been making a case against you for a while, and if he's innocent (possibly with a power role), I feel better about trusting when his reasoning lines up with mine. I know that in itself isn't enough, since we both agreed about JB, too, but it's reassuring to me to believe he's not scum trying to edge me down the wrong path.

And it doesn't make you look any better that you kept claiming no one besides AVM looked scummy to you (which you have stopped saying since being questioned about it).

This sounded reasonable up until the part where you again try and perpetuate this myth that I said no one but AVM looked scummy. I've said I was suspicious of many but he was the most scummy. The fact you continue to do this is starting to make me wonder about your motives.

Vote Count:

AVM (4) - Pac2566, WoodyPaige, Jets Things, EY

Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof (2) - Doggin94it, Sharrow

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

Doggin94it (2) - CTM, Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof

CTM (1) - SMC

SMC (1) - Vicious89x

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

It was something I noticed as well, but I wanted to see if there was any development in behavior before I mentioned it. Being a locker room, I was wondering if it was possible that he had some sort of restriction to be the guy who jokes around a lot because if you comb through his posts he's practically making a funny in every post. He's using lots of smileys and his "shhhh" reply to Dan X I found odd. I'm not sure how he is outside of the board but his demeanor is a lot different from the way it was in the past game. What I can't tell right now if it is being scum or whether it is something forced upon him, because it's pretty blatant.

Vote: AVM

BTW JVOR brought up the idea of AVM having a post restriction early on day 1. I don't know if it means just something to think about.

This sounded reasonable up until the part where you again try and perpetuate this myth that I said no one but AVM looked scummy. I've said I was suspicious of many but he was the most scummy. The fact you continue to do this is starting to make me wonder about your motives.

Well, you said multiple times that despite not "feeling comfortable" with anyone (which is the point of the game), no one aside from AVM (and Vicious, but that doesn't help you either) stood out to you as scummy. You couldn't even be bothered to look into Doggin - whom you'd briefly mention before reiterating that no one came close to AVM/Vicious in scumminess - until I started pressuring you on it.

But tell me if this really sounds like "suspicious of many" to you ... :D

Without a strong vibe on anyone else I have to stick with AVM for the reasons I mentioned earlier.

That's my problem and why my vote on you has to stay... No one besides Vic, ironically enough, has done anything overtly scummy to me. I know Doggin and CTM love the sound of their own voices but these whacky theories and outlandish scenarios they come up with are a result of playing/studying the game more than anyone else. I don't think it's wise to ever let your guard down regardless of how genuine one may seem.

Well, you said multiple times that despite not "feeling comfortable" with anyone (which is the point of the game), no one aside from AVM (and Vicious, but that doesn't help you either) stood out to you as scummy. You couldn't even be bothered to look into Doggin - whom you'd briefly mention before reiterating that no one came close to AVM/Vicious in scumminess - until I started pressuring you on it.

But tell me if this really sounds like "suspicious of many" to you ... :D

Doggin hadn't posted enough to be looked into at that point. Is this it? I really don't want to go back and pull up the 30 posts where I clearly state I'm suspicious of many.

Archived