New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is a scout different than an investigator?

Like, Vic would get 'guilty or innocent' and you'd get 'doctor' and 'finder' and 'serial killer'?

If you've found a role that's good for the town, you should probably not reveal it.

I assume it's player, coach etc and not sure what it will say for the SK.. so far all I've seen is doc.

I hope this doesn't spell a MK.

It's a role cop...

I usually see it as an evil role though..

I don't think he's counterclaiming me but I don't see how this is beneficial whatsoever to the town....

So he knows who our doctor is, who I am, etc. But what does that do at all for us? Possibly allowing us avoid a bad lynch? Even then he'd have to stop us and then scum KNOWS that person has a role.

It'd only benefit the scum, I could be off but that's what I get from it.

I don't think he's counterclaiming me but I don't see how this is beneficial whatsoever to the town....

So he knows who our doctor is, who I am, etc. But what does that do at all for us? Possibly allowing us avoid a bad lynch? Even then he'd have to stop us and then scum KNOWS that person has a role.

This is why it's usually evil..

Unless the mafia has roles..

It's a role cop...

I usually see it as an evil role though..

I see where both of you are going with this, but I'd be inclined to let him make it thru the day at this point, and see what the night brings.

I assume it's player, coach etc and not sure what it will say for the SK.. so far all I've seen is doc.

I hope this doesn't spell a MK.

Unvote: Pac.

vote: AVM

I'd prefer to vote Norway, but since Pac is voting AVM, at least I know he's not the doc.

Odds are Pac gets killed tonight - doc needs to continue protecting vicious.

But vic, you may want to consider investigating Pac at some point if he survives.

Does anyone want to migrate to Norway with me? (No Homo)

I tend to agree.

Something's odd here.

We have a cop (revealed)

We have a doc (assuming)

We have a role revealer (revealed)

We have a vig/SK (assuming)

How many mafia are there and what are their powers? There might be some power mafia roles out there (JVoR) was a nobody.

This is only a 16 player game.

This is why it's usually evil..

Unless the mafia has roles..

Which they could... but then they'd have to have roles in which they wouldnt' turn back "guilty" or something to me i.e multiple godfathers.

I don't know what to think on this. I know we're not supposed to "talk" about it but we can let him live and I can investigate him tonight.

I've seen it benefitting the town. The role can work like a symp does for the mafia - subtly deflecting attention away from known roled lynch candidates

I've seen it benefitting the town. The role can work like a symp does for the mafia - subtly deflecting attention away from known roled lynch candidates

So then once he's revealed, he's useless?

Which they could... but then they'd have to have roles in which they wouldnt' turn back "guilty" or something to me i.e multiple godfathers.

I don't know what to think on this. I know we're not supposed to "talk" about it but we can let him live and I can investigate him tonight.

I wouldn't investigate him tonight, necessarily. But I'd definitely investigate him soon

I'd prefer to vote Norway, but since Pac is voting AVM, at least I know he's not the doc.

But vic, you may want to consider investigating Pac at some point if he survives.

Pac has had only 1 night to investigate someone, so I presume his sole investigation/role finding turned up the doc. Thus, he shouldn't have any info on AVM.

BUT ... Pac, can you get role reveals during the day phase?

I see where both of you are going with this, but I'd be inclined to let him make it thru the day at this point, and see what the night brings.

So here's the thing

with him and vic exposed and the doc now potentially known to scum, one of Pac or Vic should die tonight. (Most likely pac, if he's innocent)

The doctor should still protect Vic, unless Pac can explain how his role is useful for the town (other then confirming innocents and roleclaims)

If Pac lives and continues to live, we have to assume he's guilty at some point..

---

if he' being honest about his role and lieing about his alignment, the downside is that we let him live and he finds other town power roles that the mafia will then NK. They already know vic, they claim to know doc, so I'm not sure what else he will find to be honest..

I tend to agree.

Something's odd here.

We have a cop (revealed)

We have a doc (assuming)

We have a role revealer (revealed)

We have a vig/SK (assuming)

How many mafia are there and what are their powers? There might be some power mafia roles out there (JVoR) was a nobody.

This is only a 16 player game.

perhaps there's more mafia than the 4 you've been assuming all game. I never said my role is the most important but i just am playing the game.

So then once he's revealed, he's useless?

Not necessarily. A smart player can also use it to direct the mafia to NK roleless players once he's out in the open by "deflecting" attention from people he's investigated as roleless.

Mix it up, and you can actually do both

Pac has had only 1 night to investigate someone, so I presume his sole investigation/role finding turned up the doc. Thus, he shouldn't have any info on AVM.

BUT ... Pac, can you get role reveals during the day phase?

no. submit a name each night yada yada.

I didn't want to reveal because with Vic being the cop it obviously puts me in a precarious position but I guess it's better to go out with honor over night than it is have potential teammates lynch me.

Unvote Pac for now, until I get some feedback on my last post.

THis post is innocent looking to me. He's one of the top choices, and unvotes the TOP choice based on vote pattern.

Scum wouldn't do that unless to wifom, and if you are doing that already I tip my cap to you..

unvote

vote AVM

He says he's roleless, and he could be the SK, which makes a lot of sense..

Not necessarily. A smart player can also use it to direct the mafia to NK roleless players once he's out in the open by "deflecting" attention from people he's investigated as roleless.

Mix it up, and you can actually do both

Damn, that screws us.

So here's the thing

with him and vic exposed and the doc now potentially known to scum, one of Pac or Vic should die tonight. (Most likely pac, if he's innocent)

The doctor should still protect Vic, unless Pac can explain how his role is useful for the town (other then confirming innocents and roleclaims)

If Pac lives and continues to live, we have to assume he's guilty at some point..

---

if he' being honest about his role and lieing about his alignment, the downside is that we let him live and he finds other town power roles that the mafia will then NK. They already know vic, they claim to know doc, so I'm not sure what else he will find to be honest..

If he's lying, he's likely lying about knowing the doc. If the doc dies tonight, we lynch Pac tomorrow.

If he's lying, he's likely lying about knowing the doc. If the doc dies tonight, we lynch Pac tomorrow.

Or he's trying to spook the doc into protecting himself instead of the COP, so they have a free shot at the cop tonight..

I think Pac should live and we'll see where it goes..

Vic's already said he's going to investigate Pac tonight.

I'm willing to give it the night for this to happen.

Since no one seems to be willing to go SMC with me, I'll stay in my top 3, and go with you on AVM.

Tomorrow morning should reveal some very interesting results, in what's got to be a crazy night of WIFOM.

Vote Count:

AVM (5) - WoodyPaige, Jets Things, Pac2566, Doggin94it, CTM

Sharrow (2) - Norway'sWaddlingMarmaloof, SMC

Pac2566 (2) - AVM, Dan X

SMC (1) - Vicious89x

With 13 players remaining, it takes 7 votes to cut.

MOD NOTE: You can't unvote people you never voted for... dumbasses. :biggrin:

I also thought it was a pretty lucky shot to turn up the Doc on his first night out.

Pac, are you a Jet player? Or do you have the name of a Jet scout? I don't want the name, mind you, I was just under the impression from the beginning that everyone was assigned a player's name.

I also thought it was a pretty lucky shot to turn up the Doc on his first night out.

Pac, are you a Jet player? Or do you have the name of a Jet scout? I don't want the name, mind you, I was just under the impression from the beginning that everyone was assigned a player's name.

bradway or clinkscales he'd have to be..

If Vic said that someone should punch one of his vulva's...

If true, the mafia kills Pac, and we lose a power role and confirmed innocent..

Damn, that screws us.

funny...

that's another reason I didn't want to reveal and was playing up the inexperience.. I don't necessarily know the best way to proceed with my results. I've avoided it because I just wanted it to be fun but I guess I'll have to read up on that Wiki Mafia page.

I'm willing to give it the night for this to happen.

Since no one seems to be willing to go SMC with me, I'll stay in my top 3, and go with you on AVM.

Tomorrow morning should reveal some very interesting results, in what's got to be a crazy night of WIFOM.

I don't really want to. They could just kill him off anyways because it's feasible he can find their godfather (if there is one) and I have a wasted investigation.

bradway or clinkscales he'd have to be..

If I was assigned Bradway, I would've voted for myself with my first post.

If it's not odd to others that he's not a player, I'll let it slide I guess.

Archived