New York Jets Mafia Game Thread

Bleedin Green

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Still too stubborn to admit when you're wrong... same CTM as the 2006 version. :confused0085:

Still creating strawmen as your best chance of winning a debate..

How about this, the ficional version you created of my opinion on the noodlearm is wrong. Better?

1 more thing to consider

Pac's ability doesn't really lend itself very well to there being a godfather in game. If he's not lying about his role, he's essentially cleared me, SMC and EY

Knowing that we likely have 3 scum and 1 SK/Vig left, that essentially means that

Vic, Norway and Slats are scum, with JT as serial/vig.. There's simply no other possibility..

Are we comfortable with the idea the inspector Clouseau managed to go 0 for 3 on investigations?

1 more thing to consider

Pac's ability doesn't really lend itself very well to there being a godfather in game. If he's not lying about his role, he's essentially cleared me, SMC and EY

Knowing that we likely have 3 scum and 1 SK/Vig left, that essentially means that

Vic, Norway and Slats are scum, with JT as serial/vig.. There's simply no other possibility..

Are we comfortable with the idea the inspector Clouseau managed to go 0 for 3 on investigations?

There must be, because I'm clean. If this is the route you want to head down, I suggest you lynch me last. That way the town might win the game before you have to bother.

Lynch Norway or Vic, and have Pac investigate me (if you don't trust me).

I think (really: I hope) you're on the right track here, just wrong about my alignment.

There must be, because I'm clean. If this is the route you want to head down, I suggest you lynch me last. That way the town might win the game before you have to bother.

Lynch Norway or Vic, and have Pac investigate me (if you don't trust me).

I think (really: I hope) you're on the right track here, just wrong about my alignment.

If I'm wrong about your alignment, then either Pac is lying scum or we've got the total number of scum wrong...

WHich one do you view as more likely?

If I'm wrong about your alignment, then either Pac is lying scum or we've got the total number of scum wrong...

WHich one do you view as more likely?

Total number of scum is more likely, and easier.

If that's off, then either Pac is lying scum or one of his investigations was a godfather. But even then, a three person scum team with a gf, vs. a SK, vs. a town with just two power roles could be the setup.

A godfather only really makes sense (to me) on a three person mafia team.

Total number of scum is more likely, and easier.

If that's off, then either Pac is lying scum or one of his investigations was a godfather. But even then, a three person scum team with a gf, vs. a SK, vs. a town with just two power roles could be the setup.

A godfather only really makes sense (to me) on a three person mafia team.

So you think it's more likely that the game which has been fairly conventional up till this point has the most basic 25% scum ratio off?

Also consider that one of Pac and Vic are lying, so it's not like we are moving against an uncountered claimaint here..

let me make it easy for you two as you prattle on...

eliminate the scenarios where you're referring to me as "lying scum" and you'll probably start to head down the right track.

I've told you who I am... I've given you results every night (even letting you tell me who to investigate). I believe CTM is on the right side but I won't stand here quietly while he keeps trying to cast me in a negative light.

hey guys.. I want to win and am trying to help. If that means investigating Vic or Slats tonight and no voting so be it.

let me make it easy for you two as you prattle on...

eliminate the scenarios where you're referring to me as "lying scum" and you'll probably start to head down the right track.

I've told you who I am... I've given you results every night (even letting you tell me who to investigate). I believe CTM is on the right side but I won't stand here quietly while he keeps trying to cast me in a negative light.

hey guys.. I want to win and am trying to help. If that means investigating Vic or Slats tonight and no voting so be it.

I think we can all agree on a no lynch...

I'm fine with that..

So you think it's more likely that the game which has been fairly conventional up till this point has the most basic 25% scum ratio off?

Also consider that one of Pac and Vic are lying, so it's not like we are moving against an uncountered claimaint here..

I wish I had something more clever. I also don't have the experience you have. Is the scum ratio that far off? Even if they have a godfather and there's a SK out there to thin the heard as well?

Basically, I'm getting lumped in with three other guys who're still playing that haven't been investigated by the more likely cop. It's possible one of them is a godfather, but it's been useless for them because they didn't get investigated. All I know for certain is that I'm clean. So something's off in your conclussion.

I think we can all agree on a no lynch...

I'm fine with that..

I'll go that route.

I'd much rather lynch Vic and let Norway/JT play out over night. That's the best path to a town win from my perspective.

I'll go that route.

I'd much rather lynch Vic and let Norway/JT play out over night. That's the best path to a town win from my perspective.

If we lynch Vic and he's innocent, sane cop, are you voting Pac tomorrow?

Okay, as to CTM's question about the numbers. There are 8 players. 4 are town, 3 are Scum, 1 is SK/Vig.

If there is a SK and we lynch him, then we're left with 4 town, 3 scum. The Scum NK tonight and they win because there will be 3 Town, 3 Scum.

So we CAN NOT lynch the SK.

The only proper course is for JT to NK Norway and Norway to NK JT. Both are claiming to be Vigs. If JT is the Vig, then Norway would be benched. If Norway is the Vig, then JT would be benched.

Without us voting for the JT or Norway (they have to resolve that tonight because we can't), there are only 3 options:

1) Majority "No Lynch" vote

2) Vote for slats or EY.

3) Vote for Vicious or Pac.

I am against No. 3 because Vicious and Pac should investigate each other tonight.

I'm most in favor of No. 1 so we can resolve this in the day phase after Norway or JT or both are gone.

If I had to chose between slats and EY, I'd vote slats. There are 2 possible scenarios in which slats is scum, but only 1 scenario for EY scum.

If slats is the godfather he would come up innocent on an investigation. Thus, that's whay slats came up as bleeds green for Vicious. (Scenario 1) Scenario 2 is Vicious is also scum and used a false claim to help the godfather.

For EY, I steadfastly don't believe that Pac can get a false reveal. Meaning, I don't think he could have investigated the godfather and comeback with a Jet player or Jet FO name. So, if EY is guilty, so is Pac. That can resolve itself by tomorrow because of Vicious and Pac's investigation.

If Pac is scum Vicious will have to come back with a "does not bleed green" result. If Vicious' investigation is blocked, that is just as good as finding Pac as scum. Pac should come back with a result of Tony Richardson. If not, Vicious is scum.

So..... My choice for plan of action is:

1) Majority vote of "No Lynch."

or

2) Vote slats

Voting slats does not lose us the game even if he comes up innocent.

My condolences to BG. Thought I'd lend a hand and give you guys an unofficial vote count thus far:

Unofficial:

No Lynch (3) CTM, SMC, Vicious89x

Jets Things (1) Norway

Vicious89x (1) Slats

Norway (1) EY

With 8 players remaining, it takes 5 to lynch (or not lynch?)

If we lynch Vic and he's innocent, sane cop, are you voting Pac tomorrow?

I'd want to see what happens overnight first.

I want to lynch Vic 'cause I think he's scum. If he's not, then I'll want to do a lot of rethinking.

My condolences to BG. Thought I'd lend a hand and give you guys an unofficial vote count thus far:

Unofficial:

No Lynch (3) CTM, SMC, Vicious89x

Jets Things (1) Norway

Vicious89x (1) Slats

Norway (1) EY

Thanks bro! Hope your in for next..

Okay, as to CTM's question about the numbers. There are 8 players. 4 are town, 3 are Scum, 1 is SK/Vig.

If there is a SK and we lynch him, then we're left with 4 town, 3 scum. The Scum NK tonight and they win because there will be 3 Town, 3 Scum.

The only proper course is for JT to NK Norway and Norway to NK JT. Both are claiming to be Vigs. If JT is the Vig, then Norway would be benched. If Norway is the Vig, then JT would be benched.

Without us voting for the JT or Norway (they have to resolve that tonight because we can't), there are only 3 options:

2) Vote for slats or EY.

I am against No. 3 because Vicious and Pac should investigate each other tonight.

I'm most in favor of No. 1 so we can resolve this in the day phase after Norway or JT or both are gone.

If I had to chose between slats and EY, I'd vote slats. There are 2 possible scenarios in which slats is scum, but only 1 scenario for EY scum.

If slats is the godfather he would come up innocent on an investigation. Thus, that's whay slats came up as bleeds green for Vicious. (Scenario 1) Scenario 2 is Vicious is also scum and used a false claim to help the godfather.

For EY, I steadfastly don't believe that Pac can get a false reveal. Meaning, I don't think he could have investigated the godfather and comeback with a Jet player or Jet FO name. So, if EY is guilty, so is Pac. That can resolve itself by tomorrow because of Vicious and Pac's investigation.

If Pac is scum Vicious will have to come back with a "does not bleed green" result. If Vicious' investigation is blocked, that is just as good as finding Pac as scum. Pac should come back with a result of Tony Richardson. If not, Vicious is scum.

or

2) Vote slats

SMC, since you and I are in in complete agreement about the setup and Pacs ability, can you consider below:

1 more thing to consider

I really think if Pac is telling the truth, we have every bad guy known to the town, with just a little uncertainty as to whether or not a) JT/Norway is vig/SK and B) Which one is lieing..

If Pac is scum, we have a lot more problems..

SMC, since you and I are in in complete agreement about the setup and Pacs ability, can you consider below:

I really think if Pac is telling the truth, we have every bad guy known to the town, with just a little uncertainty as to whether or not a) JT/Norway is vig/SK and B) Which one is lieing..

If Pac is scum, we have a lot more problems..

I believe the set up is as follows:

4 mafia:

1) JVoR

2) Slats

3) Vicious

4) Norway

SK:

1) JT

If Pac is scum, I don't think we have that much of a problem because of the numbers. Pac has come back with 2 clear townies (you & me). He could be a scum role finder, but all he'll be doing is protecting himself and EY. But that won't last with Norway dead.

2) Vote for slats or EY.

or

2) Vote slats

Stupid godfather, please.

If Vicious is scum, what's the likelihood that he would try to vet a scum teammate on his first play? At that point, he should've been expecting an immediate counterclaim - but I guess Pac wasn't bright enough to realize that he was also a finder.

Your numbers are very, very tight. If you're right about 4-3-1, and you lynch me, it's 3-3-1 before bedtime. You have two guys counter-claiming vig, so in all likelihood your vig/SK is going to be dead tomorrow - and you'd better hope that a scum player is dead beside him. Otherwise it's game over for the town.

What are the odds that there are two innocent cops? There are very few roles in this game. None of the dead have roles. I don't have a role. You've got a cop, a doc, a SK/vig, maybe a godfather (not a stupid one). The odds of two innocent cops are incredibly thin. I with Pac investigated me already, because I think he's the more likely cop.

You really want to lynch scum today. What's the case against me? I'd like to hear it.

I believe the set up is as follows:

4 mafia:

1) JVoR

2) Slats

3) Vicious

4) Norway

SK:

1) JT

If Pac is scum, I don't think we have that much of a problem because of the numbers. Pac has come back with 2 clear townies (you & me). He could be a scum role finder, but all he'll be doing is protecting himself and EY. But that won't last with Norway dead.

Well it'd just about have to be that above if Pac is being honest, which I'm glad we are in agreement. You are the only player I'm 100% on..

I'm down for your plan, although, I'd kind of like to put this cop thing to rest now. Tomorrow is also endgame assuming our Vig kills scum and the scum also gets a successful kill in. I'd hate to have Pac saying Slats is guilty while Vic is saying Pac is..

Much safer to a) either lynch one of them now to clear it up or B) lynch one of Slats/EY as it gives them less wiggle room tomorrow..

I'll help you guys out with a vote count too.

Unofficial:

No Lynch (3) CTM, robocop.gif, Vicious89x

Jets Things (1) Norway

Vicious89x (1) Slats

Norway (1) EY

Well it'd just about have to be that above if Pac is being honest, which I'm glad we are in agreement. You are the only player I'm 100% on..

I'm down for your plan, although, I'd kind of like to put this cop thing to rest now. Tomorrow is also endgame assuming our Vig kills scum and the scum also gets a successful kill in. I'd hate to have Pac saying Slats is guilty while Vic is saying Pac is..

Much safer to a) either lynch one of them now to clear it up or B) lynch one of Slats/EY as it gives them less wiggle room tomorrow..

No, Pac won't be investigating Slats. Pac will be investigating Vicious and Vicious investigating Pac. That solves the cop problem in my mind.

Neither Vicious nor Pac can fool the other on an investigation.

You will protect either Vicious or Pac tonight (but don't tell anyone who). The Mafia will be taking an unecessary risk in trying to NK either (or the one that is non-mafia). Also, if 1 ends up dead then that means the other is scum.

The Mafia could try and NK you or me, but that would be a mistake. Their only smart move would be to NK Jets Things because they can't afford to leave someone alive who can NK them. Jets Thing NKs Norway and we're all in good shape tomorrow.

That would leave us with 6:

1. EY

2. CTM

3. SMC

4. Slats

5. Vicious

6. Pac

That would be 3 town and 2 mafia. Vicious and Pac would leave us with the results from what we can work on.

I'll help you guys out with a vote count too.

Unofficial:

No Lynch (3) CTM, robocop.gif, Vicious89x

Jets Things (1) Norway

Vicious89x (1) Slats

Norway (1) EY

ha! That's pretty good..

We've reached 5 votes on No Lynch.

Jets Thing (assuming you're the SK/Vig), please submit your Night Kill on Norway.

Norway (assuming you're the SK/Vig), pleas submit your Night Kill on Jets Thing.

Thank you

No, Pac won't be investigating Slats. Pac will be investigating Vicious and Vicious investigating Pac. That solves the cop problem in my mind.

Neither Vicious nor Pac can fool the other on an investigation.

You will protect either Vicious or Pac tonight (but don't tell anyone who). The Mafia will be taking an unecessary risk in trying to NK either (or the one that is non-mafia). Also, if 1 ends up dead then that means the other is scum.

The Mafia could try and NK you or me, but that would be a mistake. Their only smart move would be to NK Jets Things because they can't afford to leave someone alive who can NK them. Jets Thing NKs Norway and we're all in good shape tomorrow.

That would leave us with 6:

1. EY

2. CTM

3. SMC

4. Slats

5. Vicious

6. Pac

That would be 3 town and 2 mafia. Vicious and Pac would leave us with the results from what we can work on.

I gotta say a Vig makes a lot more sense then SK...Night 2 was the perfect night for the SK to shoot Pac and he didn't..

Unofficial:

No Lynch (5) CTM, SMC, Vicious89x, Norway, Pac2566

Vicious89x (1) Slats

Norway (1) EY

I guess you guys will just have to wait on a verdict from BG to see if this is ok...

We've reached 5 votes on No Lynch.

Jets Thing (assuming you're the SK/Vig), please submit your Night Kill on Norway.

Norway (assuming you're the SK/Vig), pleas submit your Night Kill on Jets Thing.

Thank you

Agreed, please don't get cute. I reallly do think there is a vig here, but just in case and one of you is the SK, remember these 2 things

1) Your only chance of winning is shooting the guy pretending to be you. If you don't, you will lose with the town

2) And this is important, we are all Jets Fans here. The game flavor is Pats and Dolphins trying to take over our clubhouse. Even if you have been rolled as a neutral party, remember the marketing slogan of a leading athletic apparel company. Protect this house! Do not let Cheatriots and Dolphags overrun the hallowed grounds of NYJ clubhouse!

UA1009538-305_greentshirtfront.jpg

;)

'

Unofficial:

No Lynch (5) CTM, SMC, Vicious89x, Norway, Pac2566

Vicious89x (1) Slats

Norway (1) EY

I guess you guys will just have to wait on a verdict from BG to see if this is ok...

Thanks again shutout, and sharrow ;)

Archived