Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way here's part of Jeff Pearlmans book about Roger Clemens:

http://www.amazon.com/Rocket-That-Fell-Earth-Immortality/dp/0061724750/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1237828063&sr=8-2

As the hundreds of major league ballplayers who turned to performance-enhancing drugs throughout the 1990s did their absolute best to keep the media at arm's length, Piazza took the opposite approach. According to several sources, when the subject of performance enhancing was broached with reporters he especially trusted, Piazza fessed up. "Sure, I use," he told one. "But in limited doses, and not all that often." (Piazza has denied using performance-enhancing drugs, but there has always been speculation.) Whether or not it was Piazza's intent, the tactic was brilliant: By letting the media know, of the record, Piazza made the information that much harder to report. Writers saw his bulging muscles, his acne-covered back. They certainly heard the under-the-breath comments from other major league players, some who considered Piazza's success to be 100 percent chemically delivered. "He's a guy who did it, and everybody knows it," says Reggie Jefferson, the longtime major league first baseman. "It's amazing how all these names, like Roger Clemens, are brought up, yet Mike Piazza goes untouched."

"There was nothing more obvious than Mike on steroids," says another major league veteran who played against Piazza for years. "Everyone talked about it, everyone knew it. Guys on my team, guys on the Mets. A lot of us came up playing against Mike, so we knew what he looked like back in the day. Frankly, he sucked on the field. Just sucked. After his body changed, he was entirely different. 'Power from nowhere,' we called it."

When asked, on a scale of 1 to 10, to grade the odds that Piazza had used performance enhancers, the player doesn't pause.

"A 12," he says. "Maybe a 13."

LOL, it was a bad joke about Piazza's back acne.

I never really looked-But good for you.

If we want to tarnish past players and teams, I would suggest that Yankees "dynasty" in the late 90's shows an awfully tarnished team based on all the known users.

I would suggest you don't go down the path of trying to bring up old players and achievements, because it can look bad for you

I never really looked-But good for you.

If we want to tarnish past players and teams, I would suggest that Yankees "dynasty" in the late 90's shows an awfully tarnished team based on all the known users.

I would suggest you don't go down the path of trying to bring up old players and achievements, because it can look bad for you

I got nothing else to do today, go for it, Mike Piazza clearly used.

Here's more on Piazza from former NYT writer Murray Chass:

http://www.murraychass.com/?p=555

MIKE PIAZZA: HIS BAT AND HIS BACK

By Murray Chass

March 4, 2009

Baseball writers spend a lot of time in press boxes together, and the close and frequent proximity does not always foster positive relationships. For example, Joel Sherman of the New York Post and I do not have any kind of relationship. We have not talked for years. There

You have any proof Dykstra used in '86?

If so, then we agree, all those championships would be tarnished.

In terms of his appearance, Dykstra started bulking up around '88.

The '86 Mets were all drunks and/or cocaine users. Can't see how that help their performance!!

Still can't believe Tyler Durden pulled out a pic of the Yankees World Series Championships.

It's getting kind of sad when if anyone says a bad word about the Yankees a post is made about how many Championships they have won.

The '86 Mets were all drunks and/or cocaine users. Can't see how that help their performance!!

Still can't believe Tyler Durden pulled out a pic of the Yankees World Series Championships.

It's getting kind of sad when if anyone says a bad word about the Yankees a post is made about how many Championships they have won.

It's a new picture from the Yankee Museum. First time Yankees have ever displayed any of there trophies. Pretty exciting to be honest. Can't wait to go check them out, they weren't in there the time I went.

Welcome to the "new" Jetnation baseball forum.

If you say a discouraging word about a team, and five mascots log on wearing pinstripe glasses.

It is fun watching some of the new kids spin though.

Welcome to the "new" Jetnation baseball forum.

If you say a discouraging word about a team, and five mascots log on wearing pinstripe glasses.

It is fun watching some of the new kids spin though.

It is what is Scott. Tyler has brought a new level of Yankee homerism to the board that I have never seen before.

Tyler: I have no problem with your homerism but you aren't making any friends. Even with your fellow Yankees fans.

It's OK to criticize your favourite team. There are still 150 games to go.

It is what is Scott. Tyler has brought a new level of Yankee homerism to the board that I have never seen before.

Tyler: I have no problem with your homerism but you aren't making any friends. Even with your fellow Yankees fans.

It's OK to criticize your favourite team. There are still 150 games to go.

The Yankee generation that had World Series love, before reaching puberty.

It is proving a little scary.

You have any proof Dykstra used in '86?

If so, then we agree, all those championships would be tarnished.

In terms of his appearance, Dykstra started bulking up around '88.

Whatever percentage of yankees were using in the 90s the teams they were playing against had that same percentage of users. By your logic every team that won the series during that era is tainted, not just the yankee teams.

Whatever percentage of yankees were using in the 90s the teams they were playing against had that same percentage of users. By your logic every team that won the series during that era is tainted, not just the yankee teams.

Yes,I would agree that all the winners during that era is tainted, if they had known users.

The Yankees seemed to have a disproportionate amount of users, though.

Yes,I would agree that all the winners during that era is tainted, if they had known users.

The Yankees seemed to have a disproportionate amount of users, though.[/quote]

That is just Anti Yankee garbage and it's complete BS. The reason there are more known yankees is clearly because the 2 main informants for the mitchell report were based in new york. Denying that fact is just blind yankee hating garbage.

The Yankees seemed to have a disproportionate amount of users, though.

Probably because the only sources Senator Mitchell used where NY guys (Kirk Rodomski and Brian McNamee) All the other guys came from Balco and Anderson (Bonds trainer) It should come to no surprise than most of the users have all came from Bay area (Bonds, Canseco, Giambi, McGwire, Tejada, ect) and NY (Clemens, Pettitte, LoDuca, Dyskstra, ect) and LA (Brown, Sheffield, LoDuca, Gagne)

Archived