Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

One thing that is really cool with the new stadium is that there are TVs everywhere. When there is a bad call it is shown on the TV. Still isn't shown on the old big screen in Centerfield.

But after a close call you hear rumblings in the stands which gets everyone fired up. That is a good thing.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That still does not justify the last strike. Makeup calls are done all the time BUT they should not decide the game.

I'm a Yankee fan, and I'm glad we won, but I thought the ump took some of the drama out of that last inning. Maybe the Indians come back to tie, and we come through with a win in the bottom of the ninth. Classic ending. No way that was a strike. It missed by a mile, just like the earlier pitched which that hack of an ump missed badly. I hate makeup calls, too.

That still does not justify the last strike. Makeup calls are done all the time BUT they should not decide the game.

Not a fan of makeup calls either, but no one should be bitching about the Yankees benefiting from a bad call, because they received a bad call a pitch or 2 prior the the last strike call. Game should of been over before the 3-2 pitch.

Not a fan of makeup calls either, but no one should be bitching about the Yankees benefiting from a bad call, because they received a bad call a pitch or 2 prior the the last strike call. Game should of been over before the 3-2 pitch.

Actually no one is bitching. All that is being pointed out is that the Indians should not have to EXPAND the strike zone by a foot to avoid the game ending because the ump missed a strike earlier in the count. Which call was more borderline, the missed strike or the game ending punch out?

All opinions are not a Yankee attack and you need to realize that at some point.

P.S the staircases at Yankee stadium look great if that helps you.:D

Actually no one is bitching. All that is being pointed out is that the Indians should not have to EXPAND the strike zone by a foot to avoid the game ending because the ump missed a strike earlier in the count. Which call was more borderline, the missed strike or the game ending punch out?

All opinions are not a Yankee attack and you need to realize that at some point.

P.S the staircases at Yankee stadium look great if that helps you.:D

We already agreed the umpire is awful, my point is the Yankees didn't benefit because of the bad call they received.

P.S. Yankee Stadium has portals, not stair cases.

Here's the Yankees lineup today:

1. Derek Jeter SS

2. Johnny Damon DH

3. Mark Teixeira 1B

4. Nick Swisher RF

5. Jorge Posada C

6. Robinson Cano 2B

7. Melky Cabrera LF

8. Brett Gardner CF

9. Ramiro Pena 3B

Pitching: RHP Chien-Ming Wang

Hopefully we see the real CMW today.

When A-Rod gets back we may go with a more defensive outfield/infield, but obviously a weaker lineup at the bottom. Hear me out:

1. Jeter SS

2. Damon LF

3. Teixeira 1B

4. Rodriguez 3B

5. Swisher RF

6. Posada C

7. Cano 2B

8. Cabrera/Pena/Molina (Cabrera starts when Damon is DH, Pena starts when A-Rod or Jeter DH, Molina starts when Posada needs to DH)

9. Gardner CF

What do you guys think?

When A-Rod gets back we may go with a more defensive outfield/infield, but obviously a weaker lineup at the bottom. Hear me out:

1. Jeter SS

2. Damon LF

3. Teixeira 1B

4. Rodriguez 3B

5. Swisher RF

6. Posada C

7. Cano 2B

8. Cabrera/Pena/Molina (Cabrera starts when Damon is DH, Pena starts when A-Rod or Jeter DH, Molina starts when Posada needs to DH)

9. Gardner CF

What do you guys think?

By end of the season they better have.

1 A Righty DH with power who can play some LF

2 Austin Jackson in CF.

Archived