Yankees vs. Indians @ Yankee Stadium (Home Opener/New Yankee Stadium debut)

Morrissey

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We have to have someone for tomorrow don't we? You want to use the whole bullpen today on a game that is already lost.

He wasted 2 relievers when he didnt have to, too much scheming and over managing. This is the second game he's mismanaged the bullpen, regardless of what YOU think.

He wasted 2 relievers when he didnt have to, too much scheming and over managing. This is the second game he's mismanaged the bullpen, regardless of what YOU think.

Oh, so what YOU think is more important than what anyone else thinks?

Got ya.. I'll keep that in mind for future references.

We have to have someone for tomorrow don't we? You want to use the whole bullpen today on a game that is already lost.

4-1 isn't LOST man. That's what I'm saying. That's loser mentality in my opinion.

Now it is for sure, put in whoever you want Joe.

So Ramirez, Coke, Veras wouldn't be available because they pitched too much?

I'm complaining about his choice to leave Damaso Suckass in.

Girardi needs to realize this is how he has to manage his bullpen:

Relievers you could trust:

Mo

Bruney

Coke (even with rough start)

Edwar (he's on my good side now)

Relievers undecided right now, but better options then your last options:

Robertson

Albaladejo

Relievers you cant use in big situations:

Veras

Marte

Oh, so what YOU think is more important than what anyone else things?

Got ya.. I'll keep that in mind for future references.

No, but you're being condescending for no reason like your opinion is the only one thats valid in here.

So when it was 1-1, when he brought in Jose Veras, the game was lost? When the idiot manager made the choice to bring in him rather then bringing in someone like Robertson, or leaving Phil Coke in?

Veras proved last season he can handle the 7th inning. Obviously he didn't today, but he was solid last season.

Calm down Yankee fans... You're acting like Mets fans.

There's always tomorrow.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

There's always tomorrow.

"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

+5

Really? So his 1.41 WHIP, which is extremely high for a reliever proved that he could handle the 7th inning?

Obviously he walks too many guys, but more times than not, he got the job done last season, but you need to relax, you get too worked up on a few innings. Plus I'm sure Melancon will be up soon.

There's always tomorrow.

Yup. I was just saying that regardless of the fact perhaps had things been managed differently we wouldn't need to think of it like that.

That's baseball. It's a long grind.

Obviously he walks too many guys, but more times than not, he got the job done last season, but you need to relax, you get too worked up on a few innings. Plus I'm sure Melancon will be up soon.

I am relaxed, I just realize that this guy Veras is a joke, and he needs to go. You can always tell whose a good pitcher, and a bad one by their WHIP.

Bruney got that down, Veras has a 1.41 WHIP which like I said is extremely high for a reliever. Keep this in mind as well, Edwar Ramirez has been kind of known as wild as well, and his WHIP is like .20 lower then Veras.

How does this not prove that Veras is a joke?

I am relaxed, I just realize that this guy Veras is a joke, and he needs to go. You can always tell whose a good pitcher, and a bad one by their WHIP.

Bruney got that down, Veras has a 1.41 WHIP which like I said is extremely high for a reliever. Keep this in mind as well, Edwar Ramirez has been kind of known as wild as well, and his WHIP is like .20 lower then Veras.

How does this not prove that Veras is a joke?

I like Bruney, but he still has a lot to prove, I wouldn't consider him automatic just yet.

I know I was being extremely sarcastic, and a real ass by saying put Wang on waivers with his last two horrible starts, but Jose Veras, and Damaso Marte really are that awful, and need to be elsewhere.

Jesus, and I thought with Farnsworth gone, I wouldn't hate anybody this year. Welcome to the club VerAss, and Marte.

See the difference between Robertson, and Verass?

1-1 game

10-2 game

See the difference?

But you're right, the Yankees should probably start fazing out the guys that walk to many guys (Veras) and giving Robertson more important innnings, and calling up Melancon.

Guys have to relax...

It's April, we have to see what these guys have, and what they can give us. We don't have have any set guys for innings besides the 9th, though it does look like Bruney has the inside track for the 8th, but after that... who knows. By July I can see Melancon being the 7th inning guy, or maybe even the 8th.

Guys have to relax...

It's April, we have to see what these guys have, and what they can give us. We don't have have any set guys for innings besides the 9th, though it does look like Bruney has the inside track for the 8th, but after that... who knows. By July I can see Melancon being the 7th inning guy, or maybe even the 8th.

I don't see why they're wasting him in Triple A. I mean, Melancon would obviously be at least the third best relief pitcher on this team right now, behind Rivera, and Bruney. What is holding them back? Jose, and Damaso's fantastic outings?

Guys have to relax...

It's all a matter of opinion. You're more willing to give more rope for people to hang themselves with. I for one am not. There's positives and negatives to each.

I don't see why they're wasting him in Triple A. I mean, Melancon would obviously be at least the third best relief pitcher on this team right now, behind Rivera, and Bruney. What is holding them back? Jose, and Damaso's fantastic outings?

To control his innings, he's not far off having Tommy John surgery, and he's only thrown 95 pro innings.

Archived