no...we couldn't have used manny omar....this retard should be fired

neckdemon

so manny is hitting .360 with a .489 obp, 4 hr, 17 runs scored, 14 rbi, 6 2b, and a .600 slg

no we couldn't use that kind of production in our lineup.....:rolleyes:

i fuc*ing hate omar minaya. but ollie's doing real well you pos ass clown!!!!

and don't even get me started on the pitchers we didn't go after that were available.

wtf why blame Omar?

The Wilpons' hands were tied. Losing 300 mil in the Madoff scheme burned them.

BS!!!!!

that's just a complete loas of absolute horsecrap. it's on omar. he's the damned GM.....and he made this mess of a team.

oh and btw, for the guy who mentioned derek lowe...i said i didn't want to get into pitchers cause that pisses me off even more......lol.

Probably could have used Derek Lowe as well.

2-1 3.10 ERA

Well Omar flatly stated they did not want to give Lowe that kind of money which BTW calls for 15 mill in 2012 when he will be 39. Manny was probably a no brainer but we have more than enough offense for a NL team. The way Church and Castillo have bounced back has been the only positive besides Beltran so far. That will change.

It's pretty simple in that if the SP clicks and we hit better w/RISP we will be fine.

If the pitching behind Johan doesn't pick it up there will be some arms around the league made available in this economy probably earlier than usual.

2009 Trainwreck

I never thought I would see such a snake bit team like the Mets again in my lifetime. What a cluster f**k at every turn. Guaranteed, if they had signed Manny, he would have blown out his knee in spring training.

Mets=New Cubs

I'm firmly in the "Mets Needed Manny" camp. Imagine being able to put out a lineup of:

Reyes

Beltran

Manny

Delgado

Wright

Church

Whocares

Doesn'tmatter

P

Instead, we have situations where someone like Alex Cora is coming up in the #2 hole, late in the game in a clutch RBI situation.

In not signing Manny and Lowe - who they low-balled and probably could've gotten for 3yr, $42mil (maybe with a mutual option for a 4th yr) - they are now left with Ollie Perez (for only $2mil per less than they probably could've signed Lowe for) and the most un-clutch lineup in the bigs.

Bravo.

PS - I'm sick and tired of the Madoff excuse. The Mets are a profitable franchise and still would've been so after signing Manny and Lowe. I don't expect owners of franchises losing millions of dollars annually (ie. the Islanders) to spend from their personal fortune in going the extra mile, so don't expect me to rush to spent money on tickets and line your pockets when you run your franchise with a small market mentality.

I'm firmly in the "Mets Needed Manny" camp. Imagine being able to put out a lineup of:

Reyes

Beltran

Manny

Delgado

Wright

Church

Whocares

Doesn'tmatter

P

Instead, we have situations where someone like Alex Cora is coming up in the #2 hole, late in the game in a clutch RBI situation.

In not signing Manny and Lowe - who they low-balled and probably could've gotten for 3yr, $42mil (maybe with a mutual option for a 4th yr) - they are now left with Ollie Perez (for only $2mil per less than they probably could've signed Lowe for) and the most un-clutch lineup in the bigs.

Bravo.

PS - I'm sick and tired of the Madoff excuse. The Mets are a profitable franchise and still would've been so after signing Manny and Lowe. I don't expect owners of franchises losing millions of dollars annually (ie. the Islanders) to spend from their personal fortune in going the extra mile, so don't expect me to rush to spent money on tickets and line your pockets when you run your franchise with a small market mentality.

exactly......thank you very much. mets could have afforded manny, and i wanted him from the get go. same goes with lowe over ollie......another bone-headed move by a bone-head organization. and it's not one of the most un-clutch lineups......it's gotta be the most un-clutch, if not running a close second. they're miserable. they are incredibly painful to watch.

Not BS, the Wilpons announced that Omar didn't want Manny which smelled fishy to me.

This is strictly on the owners and their 19 percent guaranteed annual

so you're telling me that the owners vetoed a manny acquisition and then came out in public and claimed that it was omar who didn't want him? and then omar just let them tell a flat out lie when the truth was that omar wanted him and the owners said no? somehow i seriously doubt that happened...and if it did go down that way, omar is even more of a moron than i originally thought.

so you're telling me that the owners vetoed a manny acquisition and then came out in public and claimed that it was omar who didn't want him?

yes.

and then omar just let them tell a flat out lie when the truth was that omar wanted him and the owners said no?

yes again. would it be so hard to believe that an owner is forcing a gm's hand? i mean we see it with our own beloved jets franchise.

somehow i seriously doubt that happened...and if it did go down that way, omar is even more of a moron than i originally thought.

we already know he's a moron...Brandon Philipps + Cliff Lee + Grady Sizemore for Bartolo Colon (granted he was amazing at the time). But that doesn't change the fact he didn't have a hand in this.

yes.

yes again. would it be so hard to believe that an owner is forcing a gm's hand? i mean we see it with our own beloved jets franchise.

we already know he's a moron...Brandon Philipps + Cliff Lee + Grady Sizemore for Bartolo Colon (granted he was amazing at the time). But that doesn't change the fact he didn't have a hand in this.

ok...so show me the proof that thisis what happened and not just speculation. and yes i have a hard time believing that if a gm really wanted to sign a player that he would let the owners say it was him who didnt want the player qwhen they are the owns who told the gm no when he really wanted said player.

ok...so show me the proof that thisis what happened and not just speculation. and yes i have a hard time believing that if a gm really wanted to sign a player that he would let the owners say it was him who didnt want the player qwhen they are the owns who told the gm no when he really wanted said player.

Obviously it's all speculation, but the writing's on the wall. Why have the owner come out and say a GM didn't want a certain player? That's stupid. Here:

http://www.sohood.com/crib/2009/01/22/so-omar-never-told-mets-wilpons-about-manny-ramirez/

Danielle Sessa of Bloomberg.com has a great interview with Jeff Wilpon on the whole Manny Ramirez coming or not coming to the New York Mets situation. I for one don

wtf why blame Omar?

The Wilpons' hands were tied. Losing 300 mil in the Madoff scheme burned them.

This is probably true. But the greater sin was not signing Lowe or Burnett or both. This rotation is basically one great pitcher and 4 total stiffs. Yes, Pelfrey and Maine give an odd decent start, but they're average at best.

Ollie Perez is stealing money, and they knew he would the day they signed him over Lowe and/or Burnett.

Livan Henandez is done.

One other thing-Orlando Hudson was a decent guy who was looking to come to NY at a reasonable price. Instead they still have a bum like Castillo who will eventually suck like he always does. That is, when he and Delgado deign to get over their latest boo boos.

I'm not sure who has ripped off the Wilpons worse-the Madoff gang or Perez, Delgado and Castillo.

This is probably true. But the greater sin was not signing Lowe or Burnett or both. This rotation is basically one great pitcher and 4 total stiffs. Yes, Pelfrey and Maine give an odd decent start, but they're average at best.

Ollie Perez is stealing money, and they knew he would the day they signed him over Lowe and/or Burnett.

Livan Henandez is done.

One other thing-Orlando Hudson was a decent guy who was looking to come to NY at a reasonable price. Instead they still have a bum like Castillo who will eventually suck like he always does. That is, when he and Delgado deign to get over their latest boo boos.

I'm not sure who has ripped off the Wilpons worse-the Madoff gang or Perez, Delgado and Castillo.

Signing Lowe to me was a no brainer. That last start in 08 Ollie had should have signaled to the Mets that he was not a valid option for 09, but it didn't.

No way were the Mets signing Hudson this year with Castllo. He's always been a good hitter, and I'm glad it's finally paying off for him. Hitting in the two hole behind Manny and seeing a steady diet of fastballs is really going to increase his runs/rbis this season.

Livan Henandez is done.

Oliver Perez is maddening. Pelfrey won 14 games in his first full season as a starter and is only 25. Maine won 15 games 2 years ago and showed ability to dominate and struggled last year with shoulder issues. He is only 27 or 28 years old. What exactly are you talking about? The Mets were not going anywhere near the money that Burnett and Lowe got, everyone knew that. Burnett getting 82 million is a joke by the way, if I need to remind you, he won more than 12 games exactly once in his career, same as Maine. So far Burnett is dominating the league with a 5.40 era. Great job there and could not hold a 6-0 lead. Very Oliver Perezesque. Of course Lowe is better than Perez but again the Mets were never going anywhere near the years and money that Lowe got. Giving 4 years to a 36 year old pitcher is not good business.

Delgado was arguably the best player in the league once they got rid of silly Willy last year and he started the season off hot but have since tailed off. I am not worried about him. If you want to talk about overpaid 1st basemen in New York, maybe you can look at the guy who's hitting about .200 in the Bronx. I am kidding by the way, I thought that was an excellent move by Cashman. Castillo is hitting about .370. Please Buggy, what exactly are you talking about? Do you look at facts or you just like to sprout off? Everyone knows you hate the Mets, but at least be halfway objective. The Mets are currently 3 games under .500 and have played real ****ty, but as Yankee fans will tell you. It is still early.

Oliver Perez is maddening. Pelfrey won 14 games in his first full season as a starter and is only 25. Maine won 15 games 2 years ago and showed ability to dominate and struggled last year with shoulder issues. He is only 27 or 28 years old. What exactly are you talking about? The Mets were not going anywhere near the money that Burnett and Lowe got, everyone knew that. Burnett getting 82 million is a joke by the way, if I need to remind you, he won more than 12 games exactly once in his career, same as Maine. So far Burnett is dominating the league with a 5.40 era. Great job there and could not hold a 6-0 lead. Very Oliver Perezesque. Of course Lowe is better than Perez but again the Mets were never going anywhere near the years and money that Lowe got. Giving 4 years to a 36 year old pitcher is not good business.

Delgado was arguably the best player in the league once they got rid of silly Willy last year and he started the season off hot but have since tailed off. I am not worried about him. If you want to talk about overpaid 1st basemen in New York, maybe you can look at the guy who's hitting about .200 in the Bronx. I am kidding by the way, I thought that was an excellent move by Cashman. Castillo is hitting about .370. Please Buggy, what exactly are you talking about? Do you look at facts or you just like to sprout off? Everyone knows you hate the Mets, but at least be halfway objective. The Mets are currently 3 games under .500 and have played real ****ty, but as Yankee fans will tell you. It is still early.

omar didnt go after manny because the consensu was that the bullpen killed our chances last year and we scored enough runs. way to just stand pat with the offense and pitching and just go after bullpen arms.....standing pat is never a good idea. if we weren't gonna upgrade the starting pitching we shoudl have upgraded the offense. manny was available, we had a question mark at his position, and the guy is like one of the best hitters in the world and he is clutch.....he steps his game up in the clutch. not sh8t the bes like alot of our players seem to do. omar is just too short-sighted. "oh it was the bullpen last year, all we need is bullpen help". i hate omar minaya.

Castillo and Delgado are right now on the bench injured again. So what ever they're hitting means very little. It is early.

Archived