Pats' image takes a hit

GimmeShelter

Cite me one example of that.

One.

I bring news as reported in KFFL threads over here sometimes but I do NOT steal long drawn out diatribes that are thought out by others. That's horse****.

I thought you took your skirt and went home?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point the article was making is that the pre-conceived notion that players and staff alike would turn down greener pastures simply to remain on or join the Pats has been put to rest.

Patten-Andruzzi -Brown -Romeo -Weiss- Mason confirms the writers point.

The Pats contingent spin the thread into Jet losses such as Ferguson are paramount while missed signings of Mason are business as usual.

Nobody is denying the Pats recent greatness but when every other post by some is the "ABC's of kffl GMing 101 it gets old. Especially so when every Jet move is demeaned as incompetent.

All the Patriot staff and players that left for cash and better positions was like I said, inevitable and overdue.

How it affects next seasons standings remains to be seen.

Three out of the last four rings is quite a achievement but some of you, as fans, need to get over yourselves.

Remember you simply watched it happen.

I thought you took your skirt and went home?

Let me translate from gimpspeak.

I was talking out of my *** and making **** up.

just to make sure it's clear and PC and all, I mean gimp as in grown man who lives in a hole and wears a fullbody leather suit with a zipper over the mouth.

You know, like TomShane.

I do not believe that the players leaving will have as much of an effect on the Pats as the 2 coordinators will. The Pats front 7 on defense is still excellent at creating mismatches. With the possible exception of MLB. The Pats can match up with any style of offense. The front 7 is really the heart of the Pats D. Now here is the tricky part. The Pats will have a hard time filling those rolls of the players who have left. Yes I know it sounds like a contradiction, but it's not. They will have a hard time replacing these players more than they will miss them per se. The Pats lost a lot of players in terms of numbers. Considering each one fills a niche in thier team. Each one will need to be coached up. That was the key to the Pats success these last 4 years. They threw so many players at you that executed their own niche in the system well, and each did something different. The Pats gave you more than you could possibly prepare for in a given week. This is why I think they will miss their coaches dearly and combined with a large number of players lost it will have its effect.

I agree that the coordinators will be the biggest loss. I feel real good about Mangini at DC. I mean Crennel was trying like hell to get him as his DC so that has to say something for the guy not to mention the Dolphins were fighting for him too but their FO is a bunch of morons so that's kind of irrelevant. OC does concern me some. Weis wasn't as good as some of you guys made him out to be but he was good enough that we're going to have a tough time replacing him. It's becoming pretty apparant that there is nobody within the organization that Belichick sees fit to run the system and that concerns me because if we bring in someone from the outside, more than likely our whole offensive system will go out the window.

Weis wasn't as good as some of you guys made him out to be but he was good enough that we're going to have a tough time replacing him. It's becoming pretty apparant that there is nobody within the organization that Belichick sees fit to run the system and that concerns me because if we bring in someone from the outside, more than likely our whole offensive system will go out the window.

Agreed 100%.

I'm pretty sure we WON'T be chucking our offense out the window but the prospect of Belichick sharing OC duties or assuming them full-blown scares the bejeezus out of me because it imposes a severe limit on how much HC work he can do. Alternatively bringing some random *** individual in to run a system he doesn't understand worries me also.

I want Scars as OC, mainly because I think he's the only qualified candidate, and I'm willing to take my chances that under Scars tutelege a new OL coach can do a solid job.

I agree that the coordinators will be the biggest loss. I feel real good about Mangini at DC. I mean Crennel was trying like hell to get him as his DC so that has to say something for the guy not to mention the Dolphins were fighting for him too but their FO is a bunch of morons so that's kind of irrelevant. OC does concern me some. Weis wasn't as good as some of you guys made him out to be but he was good enough that we're going to have a tough time replacing him. It's becoming pretty apparant that there is nobody within the organization that Belichick sees fit to run the system and that concerns me because if we bring in someone from the outside, more than likely our whole offensive system will go out the window.

Yeah well to find a good OC is not easy. Especially since the Pats ran such a different offense than really any team in the NFL. I don't see the Pats falling off the face of the earth this year but I would say anywhere between 10-6 and 12-4 sounds about right. But the rest of free agency and the draft may change my opinion on which side of those records they will fall on.

I don't see the Pats falling off the face of the earth this year but I would say anywhere between 10-6 and 12-4 sounds about right. But the rest of free agency and the draft may change my opinion on which side of those records they will fall on.

I think it's 50/50 that they fall off to that extent or maintain their status as heavy SB contenders.

Definitely a very real possibility that they struggle with new C's, particularly in the first year.

Did someone just say the Jets have gotten better? Please explain? :lol: So, getting Coles makes up for everything?

You people are simpletons, really. I'll make it simple for you. Losses: Andruzzi - big whoop! :roll: Patten - more big whoop. :roll: Law - semi big whoop. :? Brown - very sad big whoop. :cry:

See, do the smilie icons help you? :lol:

I think it's 50/50 that they fall off to that extent or maintain their status as heavy SB contenders.

Definitely a very real possibility that they struggle with new C's, particularly in the first year.

RS

The Pats were a nice little team

But never, ever should they be compared to

San Fran

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Nice little run, that is done now

RS

San Fran

Dallas

Pittsburgh

You forgot to add these two words to that last sentence: I hope.

RS

The Jets are a nice little team

San Fran

Dallas

Pittsburgh

New England

Miami

Tampa Bay

Baltimore

Green Bay

Denver

Kansas City

Oakland

St. Louis

New York (N)

Washington

Chicago

Wish we'd had a run in the last 35 years.

Oh no, now Smizzy's going to call me an ***hole again....

Did someone just say the Jets have gotten better? Please explain? :lol: So, getting Coles makes up for everything?

You people are simpletons, really. I'll make it simple for you. Losses: Garb - big whoop! :roll: Patten - more big whoop. :roll: Law - semi big whoop. :? Brown - very sad big whoop. :cry:

See, do the smilie icons help you? :lol:

There I fixed it for you.

and honestly JonE, two things....

1) Dallas I think is on the table (at least one dynasty Cowboys player came out and said he thought what the Pats were doing was more impressive). Pittsburgh and 49ers, fair enough. We haven't done what they've done....

2).... yet.

Just because Aikman had a brain fart, doesn't mean sh*t

Ever hear Jimmy Johnson say that?

Nice effort though

Dallas was just the better, more dominant team

Pats never dominated the Superbowls they played in

They won...granted...but just not a dominant team

Nice little team...that HAS A CHANCE to make believers out of everyone with a 4th

ANY win garnered in the first years of the salary cap is compromised by the massive parity it has created. There is no way you can look at the Ravens SB as legit, nor can you account for the fact that Herm is .500 as a coach despite being a moron without pointing to the salary cap parity. And that includes the Pats "dynasty."

Still, watching them play the Montana Niners or the Aikman Cowboys would be fun.

RS

San Fran

Dallas

Pittsburgh

Hey JonE,

Your friggn' pathetic football team is right up there with the Cards, Saints, Browns and Lions.

Some of the only teams that have NEVER played in the Super Bowl since the AFL-NFL merger. :lol::lol:

And you come on here and try and diminish the Pats 3 Super Bowl victories in the last 4 years?

What a friggn' loser.

Hey JonE,

Your friggn' pathetic football team is right up there with the Cards, Saints, Browns and Lions.

Some of the only teams that have NEVER played in the Super Bowl since the AFL-NFL merger. :lol::lol:

And you come on here and try and diminish the Pats 3 Super Bowl victories in the last 4 years?

What a friggn' loser.

Prior to '01, what wer the pats?

Lifelong losers

If it wasn't for Namath and The Jets...The Boston patriots might have ended up like the Boston Braves.....deserting that craphole

Don't kid yourself...100 years from now, everyone will remember the Jets

The Pats...well that nice little team will be no more than a pimple in the history of the NFL :lol::lol::lol:

Hey JonE,

and you come on here and try and diminish the Pats 3 Super Bowl victories in the last 4 years?

What a friggn' loser.

What does it make a Patiot fan on a Jets message board debating the merits of his 3 SUPERBOWL TITLES?

AN INSECURE LITTLE COW BANGER FROM TEXAS!!!!

....three superbowl victories in four years is pretty darn memorable. You can't erase the record books. And, when Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are inducted intothe HOF, well, the memories will come rushing back.

.... when Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are inducted intothe HOF, well, the memories will come rushing back.

You know when they DON'T win without Weis and Crennel....I have a funny feeking their accomlishments may have an * next to them, along with the Tuck Rule, and the DBack holding rule

New England Patsies ***

....three superbowl victories in four years is pretty darn memorable. You can't erase the record books. And, when Bill Belichick and Tom Brady are inducted intothe HOF, well, the memories will come rushing back.

Well it could take Brady 136 years to get inducted into the HOF at this point.

Archived