Pats' image takes a hit

GimmeShelter

Now you have proved that either

1) You know nothing about football

2) You're a moron

3) you're flamebaiting

Either way, I'm done with this.

Please Patriot linebackers are like Denver runningbacks.

kffl boy.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All three players would have been WILDLY overpaid this year.

It's amazing how some otherwise smart people get retarded as soon as the topic of the Patriots comes up.

You mean like you do about the Jets?? Like Kareem ,Fergy weren't overpaid?

You clowns are a joke.

I love how the Jets can't do nothing right,the pats nothing wrong. You are not always right seymour and top top it off you never admit being wrong either.

Have fun trying to spin this....How long did you blast the Jets for Winfield walking out? Months...the entire season in fact.

Don't worry ill be reminding you about Mason all year.

and the fact that you think my posting on KFFL--- where you have to defned your opinions against fans of all 32 teams--- is somehow an insult is silly, particularly after you wandered over there like the drunken idiot cousin nobody wants at the wedding and threw up on yourself.

Aren't you the one that said that

Nomar

Cabrerra

and

now

Edgar

are better than Jeter??

You own players are not always the best (unlike Jeter)

Unfortunately for most Pats players, most feel it's the "system" and Bellichunk that are responsible for their success

and the fact that you think my posting on KFFL--- where you have to defned your opinions against fans of all 32 teams--- is somehow an insult is silly, particularly after you wandered over there like the drunken idiot cousin nobody wants at the wedding and threw up on yourself.

I didn't wander over there. I posted over there like I have sparingly for the last 3 years. There are many pats fans there. But the level of discussion onver there is anything but intelligent.

Now you have proved that either

1) You know nothing about football

2) You're a moron

3) you're flamebaiting

LOL,what? you got flammed on and you walk away like a bitch?

That's why nobody respect you Pats fans around here,sure we respect the Pats team,but you fans are pathetic. You didn't like being poked fun at so you go home?

Go back to Kffl with the rest of the teenagers who suck you and the Pats off on every thread.

This get a little rough for seymour and he cries like a bitch,go to JI with the rest of the little bitches who will agree with everything you write and steal of kffl.

Im tired of your unoriginal act...You have the balls to start a thread like" stupid fans should be booted" what about flamming rival fans who like to dish it but pull up their skirt and run off when they get dissed.

Aren't you the one that said that

Nomar

Cabrerra

and

now

Edgar

are better than Jeter??

You own players are not always the best (unlike Jeter)

Unfortunately for most Pats players, most feel it's the "system" and Bellichunk that are responsible for their success

Seymour is an assclown who can dish it but can't take it.

**** him ,we should ban his ass.

LOL,what? you got flammed on and you walk away like a b!tch?

That's why nobody respect you Pats fans around here,sure we respect the Pats team,but you fans are pathetic. You didn't like being poked fun at so you go home?

Go back to Kffl with the rest of the teenagers who suck you and the Pats off on every thread.

This get a little rough for seymour and he cries like a b!tch,go to JI with the rest of the little b!tches who will agree with everything you write and steal of kffl.

Im tired of your unoriginal act...You have the balls to start a thread like" stupid fans should be booted" what about flamming rival fans who like to dish it but pull up their skirt and run off when they get dissed.

And this my friends should be the post of the day.

Seymour is an assclown who can dish it but can't take it.

**** him ,we should ban his a$$.

I like what Seymore brings to the board, for what it;s worth

Hell...it's no fun just talking about the Jets

I like taling about the downfall of the Patriot JUST AS MUCH

I like what Seymore brings to the board, for what it;s worth

Hell...it's no fun just talking about the Jets

I like taling about the downfall of the Patriot JUST AS MUCH

You like what exactly? Him repeating stuff he heard on another MB? His witty humor?

The fact he acts like a little girl when being confronted?

Relax Smizz, give ol' RS a break. He's an okay guy and this board is better for having him (and Tex too) IMO.

I still think his comments in this thread have labeled him as a "Yank-riots" fan of the deepest "How can we lose, we're the Patriots, we win every year" stripe. But so what? How many YANKEES fans here feel the same way? Right.

Objectivity is always hardest when it's YOUR team....or your teams worst enemies, LOL!

Hey, it's all opinion anyway. For all I know, RS is right and the Pats will shake off AL of these losses, fill all their holes, the new Co's will step right in without missing a beat, Brady'll sign for seashells and all will be hunky dory as the Pats rout all comers on the way to another SB title.

I disagree, of course, and think that they've suffered sunstantial and meaningful losses (at least so far), but it IS early, with alot of offseason left to go.

If the Pats don't make any improvements via FA and the draft, THEN I may say the Dynasty is over, but till then......well, till then it's all just flapping fishlipps, isn't it? :lol::lol:

It's hilarious,the Pats can lose 35 players and seymour would still have some wise as comment about the Jets.

What does it have to do with what we are talking about? Nothing!

RichardSeymour = Clown Shoes

Trust me Smizz, if we'd lost three guys from this group without getting anything back I'd be VERY concerned....

Light

Givens

Harrison

Branch

Graham

Wilfork

Watson

Seymour

*Bruschi

Wilson

McGinest

Vrabel

Dillon

Vinatieri

As I've said if Bruschi is out THAT is a real blow and one that really concerns me. If he is though it's not like the team could have done anything to prevent it.

and Law's a somewhat special case: I was concerned to play without him until we did and did so successfully. We've known we'll lose Law for over a year now. This was expected and necessary. He would have been on that list at the beginning of the season, but not by the end. That said would I rather have Law than not have him? Of course.

but those are the guys that would scare me.

It's kind of cute how b*tchy you guys get when you're menstruating.

Go kick sand somewhere else. What I think is funny is how much of a little girl you truley are.

You demand we as Jets fans bow and kiss the feet of the world champion Pats but when asked to chill with all the Jets bashing on a Jets MB you laugh at me?

Dude....im gonna be honest here. You might be an ok guy in real life...but on JN & JI you are an a$$hole and i have no respect for you anymore.

How can I? You kick sand at me any & ecery chance you get. F- you seymour and anybody else who doesn't think they are just goinna blast my squad.

Here it is in a nutshell....IF you plan on blasting the Jets,do a damn good job because im gonna be all over you like fly's on sh*t when you do.

Patriot fans are the on;y ungreatfull MOFO i know who will come to your house,piss in the corner and question "what's that smell?"

It you assmonger.

Trust me Smizz, if we'd lost three guys from this group without getting anything back I'd be VERY concerned....

Light

Givens

Harrison

Branch

Graham

Wilfork

Watson

Seymour

*Bruschi

Wilson

McGinest

Vrabel

Dillon

Vinatieri

As I've said if Bruschi is out THAT is a real blow and one that really concerns me. If he is though it's not like the team could have done anything to prevent it.

and Law's a somewhat special case: I was concerned to play without him until we did and did so successfully. We've known we'll lose Law for over a year now. This was expected and necessary. He would have been on that list at the beginning of the season, but not by the end. That said would I rather have Law than not have him? Of course.

but those are the guys that would scare me.

Of course they are....because they are still on your team. You think the rest of us didn't see this post coming?

If the Pats are what you say they are...WTF would you be worried about those guys leaving? They can be replaced easy with WW fodder right?

See it to someone else.

Getting the truth out of you is like getting blood out of rock.

Is it me or does Smizzy not like RS? Call me crazy, but I can sense some tension.

Ive been nice to this kid for 3 years now...he is still acting like an a$$hole,so i will treat that way from now on.

Seymour has offically topped off my sh*t list.

Look at the losses individually War

There are six losses here, I'll add ages on opening day, and cap #s due this year, or total contracts given.

RG Joe Andruzzi-- 30 y.o., received 3 years, $9 million

CB Ty Law-- 31 y.o., was due to receiver $12.2 million

LB Roman Phifer-- 37 y.o., was due $2.0 million

WR David Patten-- 31 y.o., received 5 years, $13.5 million

WR/CB Troy Brown-- 34 y.o., was due $5.5 million

LB Tedy Bruschi--

Lets go over them point by point, but first one question: who here thinks the Pats would have been better off keeping any of those first 5 guys at that price?

Honestly?

I'd love to have all of them back, but of those first 5 only Law is a significant loss and his loss was inevitable, necessary, forseen, and to an extent happened awhile ago as the Pats haven't had him since game 7 of 2004, and did astonishingly well without him.

RG Joe Andruzzi-- Similar to Mike Compton in some ways. A reliable lineman (well, Andruzzi is streaky actually, but the point stands). Would have liked to keep him but not at any significant price.

Would Jets fans be panicking if Brent Smith had left in free agency for a 9 million dollar 3 year deal?

Throw in the Pats have two proven starter OGs in Hochstein and Neal (both have been superbowl starters) and there's little reason to be concerned here. It look as harmless as turnover gets in the NFL.

CB Ty Law-- Great player who has done a lot for our team. His agents are the Postons and we've known for sometime that he'd be going. A bit comparable to the Kareem MacKenzie situation in that we hate to see him go, but we know we can't afford to keep him at rediculous money.

The fact that we went 11-1 last season without him allays a LOT of fears.

LB Roman Phifer--- Some people speculated he'd retire.... after 2001. He's 37. He was adequate this year, looked JUST good enough that I think he may have one more good year in him, but at this point he is a JAG and no way was he worth 2 million.

WR David Patten-- A nice player who's good for 600-800 yards when healthy. Getting up there in years but still has something left IMO. I'd have loved to have him back for ~ 1 mil per year. He was a UFA and took a 13.5 million dollar deal in Washington. I'm a concerned about the Pats WR depth but don't think we should have resigned him at that price.

WR/CB Troy Brown--- Our version of Wayne Chrebet. Bless him, and I'd love to have him back for under a million but his loss is no longer a major one, and at 5.5 mil they HAD to cut him.

I've been calling for a little less than a year now that Law, Phifer, and Brown would be gone after this season (although I had hoped we might be able to trade Law). It was predictable, and inevitable.

Those 5 guys are losses to a degree: even with his injury questions Law would be a nice player to have. Patten and Andruzzi would be nice complementary players to keep. Brown and Phifer would provide a little depth and leadership.

Other than Law though NONE OF THEM are major losses, and the attempts to make them out as such frankly baffle me. EVERY football team has some turnover from year to year, and Phifer, Brown, Andruzzi, and Patten are EXACTLY the type of players you LET turn over.

Law I WOULD be concerned about if the Patriots hadn't already shown they could have substantial success without him.

Which brings me to....

LB Tedy Bruschi-- If we have lost him that's a major, major blow that scares the heck out of me. End of story.

Look at the losses individually War

There are six losses here, I'll add ages on opening day, and cap #s due this year, or total contracts given.

RG Joe Andruzzi-- 30 y.o., received 3 years, $9 million

CB Ty Law-- 31 y.o., was due to receiver $12.2 million

LB Roman Phifer-- 37 y.o., was due $2.0 million

WR David Patten-- 31 y.o., received 5 years, $13.5 million

WR/CB Troy Brown-- 34 y.o., was due $5.5 million

LB Tedy Bruschi--

Lets go over them point by point, but first one question: who here thinks the Pats would have been better off keeping any of those first 5 guys at that price?

Honestly?

This is how he weasles out of it folks....At that price.

I think the pats are worse off for losing 5 guys with Super bowl rings,yes i do.

Forget the price tag....just like you do when you talk about the Jets losing Fegy or Kmac you clown.

Anybody who thinks the Pats are better off losing 5 guys whop played and won 3 SB's with the pats is lying thru his flithy teeth.

Take it to the bank.....the pats got worse this offseason.

RS, I'm not going to squabble with ya on the talents or lack therof of these guys. I disagree that you can simply shake them loose and not miss a beat, which seesm to be your position here. Only time, and the rest of the offseason, will tell.

But I will say it is very interesting that you continue to ignore your two greatest losses this offseason: Mr's Weiss and Crenell. Losing one talented Co to another team is often hard enough to overcome, but losing both? You havn't mentioned THAT loss at all, and it may indeed be the most damning.

Smizzy if I have hurt your feelings I am sorry.

Please let me know the address to send the flowers.

Hey man, I am what I am on this board, it's what I came to this board doing and it's the way I've always done it. I call it like I see it and I do it in a needling way.

I think Pennington's a pretty good quarterback, I'm not going to lie about that.

I also think he was overpaid and Bradway should have waited a year for an extension.

I think DeWayne Roebertson has blossomed into a pretty good player.

I also think Bradway overpaid for him and Jets fans overhype him.

Hell dude, I once said I though Herm Edwards was a top 5 coach in the NFL....

:roll:

I also once said that I though Pennington was probably better than Brady....

I also once said that Brady might not be on the Patriots roster in 2005, that he might be a cap casualty....

Believe it or not I'm not some raging lying homer. I have my biases and I defend them but they are grounded in something.

Sorry if that bothers you.

Here you go.

200.jpg

RS, I'm not going to squabble with ya on the talents or lack therof of these guys. I disagree that you can simply shake them loose and not miss a beat, which seesm to be your position here. Only time, and the rest of the offseason, will tell.

But I will say it is very interesting that you continue to ignore your two greatest losses this offseason: Mr's Weiss and Crenell. Losing one talented Co to another team is often hard enough to overcome, but losing both? You havn't mentioned THAT loss at all, and it may indeed be the most damning.

The coordinators concern me.

I'm reasonably confident in Belichick and this team, and in the other assistants we have (Mangini was our secondary coach.... he hasn't done a bad job with that as you may have noticed from Troy Brown's play last year)...

But the coordinators thing concerns me. Doesn't scare me. When your team is this good it's HARD to be scared.

Could I see the Patriots "taking a step back" and stumbling well short of the superbowl in 2005? Yes I could.

IMO they'd probably come roaring back and be a major threat in 2006, but for 2005 at least I think it's a significant concern.

In reference to everything else try to understand my perspective:

The Pats lose Milloy, they're supposed to be in major trouble.... the players hate their coach.... huge teamcrushing blow releasing a pro-bowl player in his prime....

The team goes 17-2 and wins it all.

The Pats lose Damien Woody, a pro-bowl caliber C/G, and Ted Washington who did so much for the Pats D in 2003 and ANCHORED the 3-4. Everyone is questioning how the Pats will hold up without Washington, and the offensive line is Matt Light and a bunch of no-names.

The team goes 17-2 and wins it all.

Andruzzi and Phifer have been ncie players for us, but in 2004 they were FAR, FAR from Woody or Milloy.

Law was a real loss but as I have kept citing, we've been dealing with that los, successfully, for 12 games now.

Seymour has offically topped off my Sh#t list.

*yawn* How RS will be able to sleep tonight with that bit of information is beyond me. :roll:

All I have to say is consider the source. Nick's purpose is to stir things up and seeing the team he writes about is 34-4 over the past two years and has two Superbowl titles, there is little bad to write about.

I see the part of the article where Charlie Weis said Troy is little more then a slot back now is not quoted. Hmmm.

*yawn* How RS will be able to sleep tonight with that bit of information is beyond me. :roll:

All I have to say is consider the source. Nick's purpose is to stir things up and seeing the team he writes about is 34-4 over the past two years and has two Superbowl titles, there is little bad to write about.

I see the part of the article where Charlie Weis said Troy is little more then a slot back now is not quoted. Hmmm.

Ahh how sweet. You are here to proctect Dickseymour.

IMO, you guys are downplaying the loss of your coordinators. It's not like you guys went out and blew out every team you played--you would play tight, tough ballgames won at the end, not because of great players making great plays, but by out-coaching people in the 4th quarter. Alot of times, one play, one play CALL, made the difference for the Pats. Crennell and Weis made those calls. Unless Scarnecchia and Mangini are prodigies, you guys are taking a step back this year.

IMO, you guys are downplaying the loss of your coordinators. It's not like you guys went out and blew out every team you played--you would play tight, tough ballgames won at the end, not because of great players making great plays, but by out-coaching people in the 4th quarter. Alot of times, one play, one play CALL, made the difference for the Pats. Crennell and Weis made those calls. Unless Scarnecchia and Mangini are prodigies, you guys are taking a step back this year.

Shhhhhhhhh.

But at that price, It's no loss at all :roll:

:shock: Umm, 12 of our 17 victories was by 10 points or more. The first Jets game and the Superbowl were the only one decided by 6 or less points.

Actually the article was in the Herald and not the Globe so no, nothing was ommited in my post.

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=71831

Archived