New York Yankees vs. Atlanta Braves @ Turner Field Series Thread

Otter

The guy did suck yesterday. Had he faced an actual lineup, and not a crappy one like the Yankees, he would have not made it out of the 3rd or 4th inning. You are right, someday this guy is going to be a damn good pitcher, but he's not all that special right now, and from what I saw a little wild.

The skanks have the 2nd most runs in the league..sorry to break it to you.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You Yankmee fans are hilarious.

Getting out of jams is what good pitchers are all about..no matter if they are responsible for that jam.

I'm sure the DP's and groundouts had nothing to do with Hanson's pitching.

:rl:

We should have scored on the bastard. His pitching sucked, no command. He lucked out with the unclutch team that is the Yankees.

The skanks have the 2nd most runs in the league..sorry to break it to you.

They can't hit in the clutch, and they can't hit pitchers they've never seen before. Which is why you see this team score 9 runs off Santana, and 0 off a rookie who has no command whatsoever.

They faced so many young pitchers in the Marlins, and Nationals series as well as this first one against the Braves, and really the only good pitcher that they've faced was Josh Johnson. The rest of them are ****, basically.

Want more proof that the guy wasn't all that special... he only went 5 and a third. The guy isn't good right now, but I suspect he will be.

They can't hit in the clutch, and they can't hit pitchers they've never seen before. Which is why you see this team score 9 runs off Santana, and 0 off a rookie who has no command whatsoever.

They faced so many young pitchers in the Marlins, and Nationals series as well as this first one against the Braves, and really the only good pitcher that they've faced was Josh Johnson. The rest of them are ****, basically.

Want more proof that the guy wasn't all that special... he only went 5 and a third. The guy isn't good right now, but I suspect he will be.

4 Starts:

3-0

3.18 ERA

16 SO

15 BB

Braves: 4-0

When he stops walking people his numbers will be flawless..but you can't deny the only stat that matters..wins.

Anyway..Kawakami tonight for the Bravos.

Over/under on Yankmee fans blaming the fact that they haven't played against him for a loss?

I haven't heard one Yankee fan blame their losses on never seeing a certain starting pitcher before. This is an excuse that I have heard from their radio and television announcers and the manager. It's a bs excuse.

Anyway..Kawakami tonight for the Bravos.

Over/under on Yankmee fans blaming the fact that they haven't played against him for a loss?

I will never use that excuse. I don't think I've ever heard a more lame excuse than that. You see the ball, you hit it. If you don't know the guy, watch some ****ing tape.

Tonight's lineup. Cervelli catching (thank god).

YANKEES (38-32)

Jeter SS

Damon LF

Teixeira 1B

Rodriguez 3B

Cano 2B

Swisher RF

Gardner CF

Cervelli C

Chamberlain RHP

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (3-2, 3.89).

BRAVES (34-36)

Lineup TBA

Pitching: RHP Kenshin Kawakami (4-6, 4.42)

I haven't heard one Yankee fan blame their losses on never seeing a certain starting pitcher before. This is an excuse that I have heard from their radio and television announcers and the manager. It's a bs excuse.

I will never use that excuse. I don't think I've ever heard a more lame excuse than that. You see the ball, you hit it. If you don't know the guy, watch some ****ing tape.

One of your own.

No. I wasn't a big fan of that play. It also didn't help that he got the golden sombrero last night as well.

Ya know, he's one of the "original Yankees" from the 90's, but I have never truly liked him. He was never [and still isn't] clutch.

Joba looks great out there. Not laboring.

Ya know, he's one of the "original Yankees" from the 90's, but I have never truly liked him. He was never [and still isn't] clutch.

Joba looks great out there. Not laboring.

Even though he was on the team in the mid-late 90's, I never really considered him to be one of those "original" Yankees. He really wasn't a big part of the team until 2000. Before that he split time with Girardi. He is vocal in the clubhouse and a leader, but, like you he was never one of my favorites.

The only clutch moment I can recall right now is the blooper he hit off of Pedro in Game 7 2003. There are probably a few others, but nothing compared to Jeter, Bernie, Brosius, O'Neill, etc.

Maybe this will be one of those 8 pitcher no-hitters that the Astros got against us a few years ago.

Joba has been efficient, but he just got a bomb hit off of him. Another night of the starter pitching alright, but the offense not coming through.

Archived