Albert Pujols vs Frank Thomas vs Jeff Bagwell

Blackout

who's the best player?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who's the best player?

• Albert Pujols
    • Frank Thomas
    • Jeff Bagwell

Pujols is arguably the best player in this era. I don't thing Bags and Thomas come close. Pujols isn't nearly done yet. Best baseball player I've ever seen [Albert] but he might be second to A-Rod. JMO.

But I guarantee you the vote will be unanimous. :)

pujols thru age 29: .334/.426/.628, 171 OPS+, 43 HR, 129 RBI, 93 walks per 162 games

thomas thru age 29: .330/.452/.600, 182 OPS+, 39 HR,129 RBI, 133 walks per 162 games

bagwell thru age 29: .304/.409/.536, 159 OPS+ 30 HR, 117 RBI, 101 walks per 162 games...and 18 steals per season as a bonus

how so?

it shows me thomas and pujols were right with eachother....infact Thomas's OPS+ means that he was better against the rest of the league than Pujols

but with Albert I'll take him just because of his clutchness

Pujols.

Thomas was a beast for about 7 years (1991-1997). After that he had a few more good seasons, but was largely Dave Kingman with a slightly higher average.

That he was beast during the hey day of the Roid casts doubt on him.

You sure that Albert doesn't roid?

He looks the part, just sayin

No one is above suspicion. How Ryan Howard gets a free pas on this forum is a discussion for another day. :rolleyes:

What we do know, there are testing procedures in place. Players are popped a few times a year. This is not much more, but it is more then they had during Thomas' years.

Puhols was quoted as saying "I won't disappoint you" to his fans earlier this year. Maybe he's the real deal.

I would like to believe Pujols, but we have heard that before. Even in front of Congress. :bag:

I trust no one. Andy Pettitte was the All American Boy, and then he fessed up.

I doubt Thomas did because his career tailed off on the way power hitters' careers did until the roid era. Will be curious if as he ages Puhljos ages like Thomas and Jime Rice with the tailing off or his numbers go up like Bonds.

Archived