NBA Free Agent Thread

InstantClassic

Again, Lakers are champions of the ****ing world until proven otherwise. Not the Heat, not the Celtics, not the Cavs, not the Suns, not the Spurs, not Orlando.

CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!

Maybe he's good friends with Wade. I don't know about anyone else, but if you have a good friend elsewhere, and even if it's more likely to win a championship if he stays, It would take me a while to choose where I wanted to play as well.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you serious? How is Kobe not one of the best teammates around? He used to be the biggest ******* in the world, but don't you think he changed just a bit? People love to play with Kobe now.

Don't say he's a better teammate. And Odom and Artest knew each other since they we're about 13 years old.

I don't think he has changed, maybe for the cameras and for the endorsements, but why is everyone jumping ship? What the Lakers offered Ariza and Odom aren't that far apart from other teams. Odom hasn't signed with the Heat, maybe he's just using the Heat for negotiations. Who knows? "People love playing with Kobe?" Who? Everyone knows that's Kobe's team and what he says goes, if not he'll wine about it until he gets his way. The guy is the best player in the league without question, but he's still a douche and is known as one of the worse teammates.

Maybe he's good friends with Wade. I don't know about anyone else, but if you have a good friend elsewhere, and even if it's more likely to win a championship if he stays, It would take me a while to choose where I wanted to play as well.

Odom and Artest been friends since they were little. They were on the same AAU team when they we're about 13, 14 years old.

Odom is looking for money. He said it himself. Why wouldn't Odom accept the 3 Year - $30 million offer? The contract that the Lakers offered is way better than the one Miami offered. It's that simple.

I don't think he has changed, maybe for the cameras and for the endorsements, but why is everyone jumping ship? What the Lakers offered Ariza and Odom aren't that far apart from other teams. Odom hasn't signed with the Heat, maybe he's just using the Heat for negotiations. Who knows? "People love playing with Kobe?" Who? Everyone knows that's Kobe's team and what he says goes, if not he'll wine about it until he gets his way. The guy is the best player in the league without question, but he's still a douche and is known as one of the worse teammates.

Of course it's Kobe's team. :rl:

I can say the same thing about the Heat and the Cavs. What Wade and LeBron wants, they get. Wade recently said he wants star power. What are the Heat doing? Trying to get both Odom and Boozer. LeBron is a FA after the season. What do the Cavs do? They only get a player named O'Neal to try to help them win.

You honestly don't think Kobe has changed? The amount of trust this guy has in his team is incrediable. He never even used to talk to him his teammates a couple seasons ago. He makes the game much easier.

They were the best team when the Celtics were down. Period.

You're going to tell me Pittsburgh is the best team in the NFL or that Miami is better than New England?

:rl:

You're going to tell me you discount a team's championship because ANOTHER team had an injured player?

Nice spin.

Not saying D-Wade is better, but maybe a better teammate? Also, Wade and Odom are good friends, Odom was there when Wade was a rookie and Odom can have a bigger role on the Heat. When you play for the Lakers, you play for Kobe.

D-Wade > Kobe

Kobe just has a better team built around him.

I think hands down D-Wade is a far better guy. I'm not sure yet if he's a better player though. Wade is basically the guy everyone will say win one without Shaq now, because honestly he's never going to win one without him, especially with Dwight in his own division.

I think if I could choose which guy I would rather have on the Magic, between Wade, and Kobe though, it'd definitely be Wade.

Kobe still doesn't get respect. What a surprise.

I'll have to disagree with you there, Kobe is too nice.

Wade:

Scoring title: 30.2 PPG

5 RPG

7.5 APG

2.2 SPG

1.3 BPG

49% FG

Kobe:

26.8 PPG

5.2 RPG

4.9 APG

1.5 SPG

.4 BPG

Kobe edges him out in FT%, 3 PT %, and rebounds by .2 a game.

Not to mention Wade is 4 years younger.

Put Kobe's supporting cast around Wade and he wins his second ring.

Odom and Artest been friends since they were little. They were on the same AAU team when they we're about 13, 14 years old.

Odom is looking for money. He said it himself. Why wouldn't Odom accept the 3 Year - $30 million offer? The contract that the Lakers offered is way better than the one Miami offered. It's that simple.

Maybe he wants to play on a team that plays team basketball..not a two man game with POW and Ko-bee.

I bet Cavaliers fans are upset about this. They thought they were going to eventually sign him, and he ends up signing with the team that knocked them out. Their fans must really hate Orlando... LOL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4342767

The Orlando Magic's active offseason continued Monday when they closed in on a deal to sign free-agent forward Matt Barnes, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

One source told ESPN.com that Barnes and the Magic have agreed in principle on a two-year deal for an undisclosed amount that could be announced as early as Tuesday.

I bet Cavaliers fans are upset about this. They thought they were going to eventually sign him, and he ends up signing with the team that knocked them out. Their fans must really hate Orlando... LOL

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4342767

The Orlando Magic's active offseason continued Monday when they closed in on a deal to sign free-agent forward Matt Barnes, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

One source told ESPN.com that Barnes and the Magic have agreed in principle on a two-year deal for an undisclosed amount that could be announced as early as Tuesday.

Cavs might get Jamario Moon from the Heat, he's a FA. I think he's better than Barnes IMO.

Wade:

Scoring title: 30.2 PPG

5 RPG

7.5 APG

2.2 SPG

1.3 BPG

49% FG

Kobe:

26.8 PPG

5.2 RPG

4.9 APG

1.5 SPG

.4 BPG

Kobe edges him out in FT%, 3 PT %, and rebounds by .2 a game.

Not to mention Wade is 4 years younger.

Put Kobe's supporting cast around Wade and he wins his second ring.

Stats don't mean **** in this case. Kobe Bryant is a better basketball player than Dwayne Wade. There is NOTHING anyone can say to me to change my mind. I think it's ludicrous that people can even think that.

Cavs might get Jamario Moon from the Heat, he's a FA. I think he's better than Barnes IMO.

Not for what they're paying. They are paying 3 million a year, 6 mil total, and the Magic are paying 1.6 a year, 3.2 total. It's sort of similar to the Bass deal. They're getting Varejao for way too much money, and the Magic are getting Bass for cheap, and it's arguable that Bass is the better player.

Not to mention, the Cavs are still not better then the Magic, and the main concern for Orlando is Boston right now.

Not for what they're paying. They are paying 3 million a year, 6 mil total, and the Magic are paying 1.6 a year, 3.2 total. It's sort of similar to the Bass deal. They're getting Varejao for way too much money, and the Magic are getting Bass for cheap, and it's arguable that Bass is the better player.

Not to mention, the Cavs are still not better then the Magic, and the main concern for Orlando is Boston right now.

I wouldn't look too much into the money part, Cavs will be making money and the NBA is setup so that you can trade contracts. Varejao is perfect for the the Cavs IMO, they need some size on the wings and I think Moon can bring that, also he's a very underrated defender. I'm not gonna say who is better, IMO Orlando really overachived this past year and they lost two HUGE role players this off season. Cavs have gotten better, just how much I guess, we'll see when the season begins.

I wouldn't look too much into the money part, Cavs will be making money and the NBA is setup so that you can trade contracts. Varejao is perfect for the the Cavs IMO, they need some size on the wings and I think Moon can bring that, also he's a very underrated defender. I'm not gonna say who is better, IMO Orlando really overachived this past year and they lost two HUGE role players this off season. Cavs have gotten better, just how much I guess, we'll see when the season begins.

I don't think we overachieved at all. I think we made the finals, because we were the best team in the Eastern Conference. How anyone can think the Cavaliers are as good as Orlando is honestly laughable. Look at that team during the postseason other than LeBron James.

No one to cover Dwight

Varejao can't cover Rashard

Mo Williams is very overrated (more than Rondo)

Horrible bench (where we had the best bench in the entire postseason)

People seem to overrate Hedo Turkoglu now. I admit he was a very clutch player, but people are assuming he was the only reason we got to the Finals. Last I checked Dwight Howard was the best player on this team.

Anyone that seriously thinks Hedo is anywhere near Vince Carter's league at any age needs help. Just look at the stats of Vince's worst year, and Hedo's best, 2 years ago, and even that shows VC is better.

This team now has the ability to match up with Boston, and Cleveland with 2 totally different lineups.

Against Boston:

PG Jameer

SG Carter

SF Rashard

PF Bass

C Dwight

Against Cleveland:

PG Jameer

SG Carter

SF Pietrus/Barnes

PF Rashard

C Dwight

Both teams would have a problem defending these lineups.

And in what they've lost they have gotten back ten-fold.

The Magic have had a very productive off-season.

Moon can jump higher..that's about it.

Barnes is a nasty defender who can knock down the 3. Ideal coming off the Magic bench with Pietrus.

Moon can hit the three also, he's a poor mans Shawn Marion. He just didn't get the attention when he was with the Raptors, but I have watched him play he isn't a scrub, and I wouldn't call Matt Barnes a nasty defender, may have a 'highlight' block or two but nothing special.

Moon can hit the three also, he's a poor mans Shawn Marion. He just didn't get the attention when he was with the Raptors, but I have watched him play he isn't a scrub, and I wouldn't call Matt Barnes a nasty defender, may have a 'highlight' block or two but nothing special.

When I say nasty I mean someone with grit..not afraid to get in your face and play physical.

He actually is a very good defensive player. I think the fact that he plays good defense is the biggest reason why O-Tiz wanted him so much. Sure he'll give you about 10 pts, 6 rebs, and 3 ast, but he was the only player on the entire Suns team to play any defense, and he's very good at it.

I think Otis Smith is outshining Danny Ferry every single way a GM could.

• 4 months later...

Archived