NBA Free Agent Thread

InstantClassic

It was said by someone on hoopsworld (I don't know how accurate they really are) that the Magic are trying to split their MLE on Brandon Bass, and Antonio McDyess. I think McDyess has since dropped the Magic out of contention to sign him. Maybe we could sign Bass, and Matt Barnes, or a point guard out there instead of Barnes to backup of Jameer.

McDyess is probably going to either sign back with Detroit, or go to the Spurs. Damn, and I thought McDyess would have been at a reasonable price, not a full MLE.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It was said by someone on hoopsworld (I don't know how accurate they really are) that the Magic are trying to split their MLE on Brandon Bass, and Antonio McDyess. I think McDyess has since dropped the Magic out of contention to sign him. Maybe we could sign Bass, and Matt Barnes, or a point guard out there instead of Barnes to backup of Jameer.

McDyess is probably going to either sign back with Detroit, or go to the Spurs. Damn, and I thought McDyess would have been at a reasonable price, not a full MLE.

Matt Barnes will be horrible for the Magic....

Since people like Rasheed, or Dice didn't get a topic, I highly doubt anyone cares about this other then me, and IC... but the Magic have signed Brandon Bass...

The Orlando Magic are trying to keep up in the arms race in the competitive Eastern Conference, agreeing to terms on Friday with free agent forward Brandon Bass on a four-year deal believed to be worth $18 million.

The 23-year-old Bass was one of the most coveted big men in this year's free agency class, having been a valuable role player off the bench for the Mavericks the past two seasons. He played in 81 games for Dallas last year, averaging 8.5 points and 4.5 rebounds in 19 minutes a night. The Mavericks tried to keep him, but Dallas' commitment to Magic free agent center Marcin Gortat to an offer sheet made money scarce. New Orleans, Bass's first team, and Cleveland also were working to sign him.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/07/10/magic.bass/

lol... I thought this picture was kind of funny...

340x.jpg

Bass is going to annoy Vince about this the second he gets the chance to...

Cleveland also tried to make a last second push for this guy, because they know this guy is the real deal, but they failed because their stupid organization traded for Grandpa Shaq, and they also overpaid for the girliest player in the NBA, Anderson Varejao.

I got something to say to Cleveland........

YOU GET NOTHING! YOU LOSE! GOOD DAY SIR!

willy-wonka-wilder.jpg

Wow..I'm surprised Hedo feels that way:

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/nba_tv/2009/07/09/nba_20090709_rapt_press.nba/

Said it was easy to leave Orlando.

Yeah, I saw that last night. It will be easy to watch the Magic crush the Raptors for 4 consecutive times too.

I wonder what Otis is going to do with the rest of the MLE. I still think Matt Barnes might be the guy, but I'm not too sure. We still need a PG, but I think we may choose one of those guys from the Summer League.

edit:

Meanwhile I don't think Otis is going to use that TPE yet, instead I think he's going to wait until the deadline nears when teams get desperate, and then he makes his move.

Here is basically what I've been hearing/reading....

Magic are looking to use the rest of their remaining MLE on Matt Barnes, and sign Theo Ratliff to the League Minimum. Marcin Gortat is also thinking that Otis Smith is going to match the Mavs offer for him.

PG Jameer/Johnson/Pargo?

SG Carter/Pietrus/Redick

SF Rashard/Barnes/Richardson?

PF Bass/Anderson/Hendrix?

C Dwight/Gortat/Ratliff

That might be the team next year...

Ryan Anderson 21

Dwight Howard 23

Jameer Nelson 27

Mickeal Pietrus 27

Rashard Lewis 29

J.J. Redick 25

Brandon Bass 23

Marcin Gortat 25

Matt Barnes 29

Look at all these players under 30... lol

Does Boston even have 2 players under 30? lol

Here is basically what I've been hearing/reading....

Magic are looking to use the rest of their remaining MLE on Matt Barnes, and sign Theo Ratliff to the League Minimum. Marcin Gortat is also thinking that Otis Smith is going to match the Mavs offer for him.

PG Jameer/Johnson/Pargo?

SG Carter/Pietrus/Redick

SF Rashard/Barnes/Richardson?

PF Bass/Anderson/Hendrix?

C Dwight/Gortat/Ratliff

That might be the team next year...

Ryan Anderson 21

Dwight Howard 23

Jameer Nelson 27

Mickeal Pietrus 27

Rashard Lewis 29

J.J. Redick 25

Brandon Bass 23

Marcin Gortat 25

Matt Barnes 29

Look at all these players under 30... lol

Does Boston even have 2 players under 30? lol

Tony Allen

Glen Davis

JR Giddens

Lester Hudson

Kendrick Perkins

Gabe Pruitt

Rajon Rondo

Bill Walker

Must be if they won a title with them outside of Hudson, Giddens, & Walker who are/were rookies. Gabe Pruitt has more rings than Dwight Howard & Lebron James combined.

32-1?

By the way Gabe Pruitt will never have anything to do with his teams winning championships. Gabe Pruitt is as talented as I am on the Basketball court.

edit:

I wonder if the Magic/Celtics games this season are going to be before 4 pm this season. I heard according to the Celtics, AARP rules they must be home by 7 to watch Matlock, and Murder She Wrote, and then be in bed by 8 pm.

Or maybe the rest of the MLE will be used on Von Wafer? I think he would be a great option. Almost 10 PPG, and he's only 23 years old. Orlando keeps going young and future talented players, while Boston is on their way to the retirement home looking for players.

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2009/07/what-will-the-magics-next-move-be.html

The Orlando Magic's roster still has a ways to go.

The Magic only have nine players on the roster right now and are still looking at some key needs including a wing player.

Some of those options might include Marquis Daniels, Keith Bogans and Von Wafer.

Wafer's agent, Mitch Butler, told me he has had some preliminary discussions with the Magic about Wafer. He said they've targeted Orlando as a place where Wafer can "thrive and continue to grow as a basketball player."

It seems the very mysterious Otis Smith is going to be matching the Mavs offer for Marcin Gortat. First of all, take it with a grain of salt, because it isn't on any websites out there, and it was from Channel 6 news, I think the channel was in Orlando.

http://orlandomagiczone.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8891029871/m/681101463

If this happens, sounds right. Orlando improve with young guys, and a new experience of being in the finals, meanwhile Boston, and Cleveland they get Shaq, and Rasheed. I think it's safe to say Otis Smith is playing Chess, while Fairy, and Ainge are playing Checkers. Also things seem likely that Barnes will be signed for the rest of the MLE, and Theo Ratliff for the Vet. Minimum as the third string Center.

PG Nelson/Johnson

SG Carter/Pietrus/Redick

SF Rashard/Barnes

PF Bass/Anderson

C Dwight/Gortat/Ratliff

Fill last 3 spots with either more Vet. Minimum's, or your best 3 players from the Summer League.

If this happens, sounds right. Orlando improve with young guys, and a new experience of being in the finals, meanwhile Boston, and Cleveland they get Shaq, and Rasheed. I think it's safe to say Otis Smith is playing Chess, while Fairy, and Ainge are playing Checkers.

So is it safe to say that you are back on the bandwagon?

damn, didn't realize so many people on this website don't know the difference in the words Bandwagoner, and Passion. It's really hysterical that you people don't know it. I really don't see who anyone could call someone a bandwagoner when they've been a fan of the same team for 16, almost 17 years now.

Last I checked, the definition for bandwagoner is a person who jumps from team to team when they're doing good. I guarantee you if the Magic ever suck like they did a couple years ago, I will still represent this team like crazy.

Yeah, I'm a bandwagoner though, my NBA, and NFL team have a combined 1 championship, and I wasn't even born to see it. You guys are right though, I'm definitely a bandwagoner... lol

damn, didn't realize so many people on this website don't know the difference in the words Bandwagoner, and Passion. It's really hysterical that you people don't know it. I really don't see who anyone could call someone a bandwagoner when they've been a fan of the same team for 16, almost 17 years now.

Last I checked, the definition for bandwagoner is a person who jumps from team to team when they're doing good. I guarantee you if the Magic ever suck like they did a couple years ago, I will still represent this team like crazy.

Yeah, I'm a bandwagoner though, my NBA, and NFL team have a combined 1 championship, and I wasn't even born to see it. You guys are right though, I'm definitely a bandwagoner... lol

People will talk sh!t, ignore them. You're one of the least bandwagon fans I know. The Magic & Jets? lol come on people.

At least we got the Yanks. :cheers:

People will talk sh!t, ignore them. You're one of the least bandwagon fans I know. The Magic & Jets? lol come on people.

At least we got the Yanks. :cheers:

Yeah, I mean come on, who in their right mind would bandwagon on those two teams? If I was a bandwagoner, don't you think I'd root for the Lakers, and Patriots? I mean seriously calling a Jets/Magic fan a bandwagoner is very dumb.

Hopefully the Yankees can really get out of this current slump and come out firing this second half!

Yeah, I mean come on, who in their right mind would bandwagon on those two teams? If I was a bandwagoner, don't you think I'd root for the Lakers, and Patriots? I mean seriously calling a Jets/Magic fan a bandwagoner is very dumb.

Hopefully the Yankees can really get out of this current slump and come out firing this second half!

Let's not bring our "Yankees Circle Jerk" into this thread. :rolleyes:

Yankees suck.

Signed,

Me, another Yankee fan who realizes the fact the Yankees will never win with Choke Rodriguez. But keep hoping and fighting the good fight fellas. Now move this to the Baseball forum.

Just agree. He is a cancer that will continue to cost rings. That and keeping Joba in the starting rotation, another moronic decision.

Yeah, you're pretty much right on both accounts. I was talking to my dad the other day about Gay-Roid. And I said, "ya know, it would be really nice to just be able to straight up trade him for a good 3Bman, hardworking, non-annoying, someone like Ryan Zimmerman." But that's not happening cause we're stuck with his fat ass contract & ego. Oh well.

rant over.

Yankees suck.

Signed,

Me, another Yankee fan who realizes the fact the Yankees will never win with Choke Rodriguez. But keep hoping and fighting the good fight fellas. Now move this to the Baseball forum.

I've always said this myself, the guy isn't a winner. Hated the trade for him and hated when they resigned him. I hope he proves me wrong though.

Let's not bring our "Yankees Circle Jerk" into this thread. :rolleyes:

Why not? This thread has no potential in it anyway... lol

You just did 17. Keep your Yankee garbage in the baseball forum please. One " Skankee Circle Jerk" forum is quite enough.

Archived