Matt Cassel Injury...

SoFlaJets

Meh. I don't feel bad for chiefs fans. Injuries are a part of a game. Besides, Chiefs fans are *******s. I remember when we played them opening day on 9-11 a couple years back (they killed us.) and the fans were saying that "the jets are going to crash again on 9-11". Seriously? Bunch of classless jerks.

Oh yeah, and they called me a cum-dumpster. :bag:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Exactly more success and a super bowl less than 40 years ago. To hell with them

1969 is not less than 40 years ago.

The Chiefs = the Jets, except they made the playoffs a few more times and got their hearts ripped out more.

Plus, their best player of the last 30 years ****ing died. While he was still on the team. He ****ing died.

We have it bad as Jets fans. Chiefs fans arguably have it worse, though most are too dumb to notice.

1969 is not less than 40 years ago.

The Chiefs = the Jets, except they made the playoffs a few more times and got their hearts ripped out more.

Plus, their best player of the last 30 years ****ing died. While he was still on the team. He ****ing died.

We have it bad as Jets fans. Chiefs fans arguably have it worse, though most are too dumb to notice.

They won the Super Bowl in January 1970 39 years ago

I saw 3 legit Jets teams in my lifetime where I thought we were going to go all the way.

1998 - AFC championship

1999 - Talented team. Had very high hopes for a super bowl, season is OVER when VT went down with the achillies week 1.

Last year - Back to back wins vs. NE and undefeated TENN , I thought superbowl. Then Favre gets hurt and plays hurt, ruined season.

2/3 times it was ruined because of injury. **** happens.

I saw 3 legit Jets teams in my lifetime where I thought we were going to go all the way.

1998 - AFC championship

1999 - Talented team. Had very high hopes for a super bowl, season is OVER when VT went down with the achillies week 1.

Last year - Back to back wins vs. NE and undefeated TENN , I thought superbowl. Then Favre gets hurt and plays hurt, ruined season.

2/3 times it was ruined because of injury. **** happens.

eh?

You really think you would have gotten far with an uninjured Favre? The guy is a joke. Watch him crash and burn in Minny. I can;t wait 'till GB wins the division.

eh?

You really think you would have gotten far with an uninjured Favre? The guy is a joke. Watch him crash and burn in Minny. I can;t wait 'till GB wins the division.

Uh, the 2007 Packers, with an uninjured Favre, were 13-3 and reached the NFC Championship Game.

At 8-3, the Jets were looking at an at worst 12-4 finish with the teams on the schedule down the stretch. Or so we thought.

Uh, the 2007 Packers, with an uninjured Favre, were 13-3 and reached the NFC Championship Game.

At 8-3, the Jets were looking at an at worst 12-4 finish with the teams on the schedule down the stretch. Or so we thought.

Want to remind us of how he choked that Championship game away? It was a collosal CHOKE. HE LOST THE GAME FOR THEM. IT WAS COMPLETELY ON HIM. I dislike him immensely and will get some pleasure from his sure failure this year. I will derive even more pleasure from seeing and hearing the ESPN monkey's trying tio make excuses for the schmuck.

Just for you, Joe:

Favre fantasy vs. reality

Cold, Hard Football Facts for August 19, 2009

By Kerry J. Byrne

The Viking inked Brett Favre to a two-year, $25 million deal Tuesday, apparently confusing the Brett Favre of 1996 with the one who they actually signed.

The Vikings don't get a top-notch NFL quarterback. What they get is a mistake-prone quarterback with a 79.5 passer rating over the past four years who turns 40 in October and who hasn't led a team to a championship since the time Bill Clinton was not having sexual relations with Monica Lewinsky.

Despite the recent track record, Favre continues to be surrounded by a fantasy of continued greatness. In fact, some fans and media inhabit this fantasy world where Favre is a "big-game" gunslinger who can lift an otherwise solid team such as the Vikings to a Super Bowl title. The Vikings certainly believe this, too, or they would not have courted him all year, before signing him in an act of desperation three weeks into training camp.

But the Cold, Hard Football Facts have long been baffled by this Favre fantasy.

The truth about Favre is that, for most of the past decade, he’s taken one contender after another and ruined their championship hopes with critical big-game mistakes.

So here’s a look at the fantasies that have surrounded Favre in recent years and that continue to live on in Minnesota, and a look at the reality of Favre, low-lighted by his critical gaffes in big games. This is the Favre that the Minnesota signed on Tuesday. It's not pretty, Vikings fans.

Jan. 20, 2002

The reality: The Packers have a shot to reach the conference championship game for first time since the 1997 season if they beat Rams in the divisional round.

The Favre apologist fantasy: The 12-4 Packers were no match for the 14-2 Rams

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: The Rams edged out the 11-5 Eagles by just five points in the conference title game and lost to the 11-5 Patriots in the Super Bowl. The Packers easily could have beat the Rams if Favre had not thrown 6 picks – tying the single-game NFL record for postseason picks last matched by a passer back in 1955.

Jan. 4, 2003

The reality: The 12-4 Packers were again one of the best teams in football, playing at home against the tepid 9-6-1 Falcons.

The Favre apologist fantasy: Favre walks on water.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre sinks like a lead weight, reserving one of his worst performances of the year (20 of 42, 47.6%, 247 yards, 5.9 YPA, 1 TD, 2 INT, 54.4 rating) for when it matters most in a 27-7 loss. It was Green Bay's lowest offensive output of the season and the franchise’s first-ever home playoff loss.

Jan. 11, 2004

The reality: The Packers need to produce just one drive in overtime to beat the Eagles and then battle the Panthers for a chance to go to Super Bowl XXXVIII.

The Favre apologist fantasy: The Green Bay Favrers defense let Brett down when they surrendered a miracle 4th and 26 completion by Donovan McNabb in the fourth quarter, allowing the Eagles to tie the game.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: On Green Bay's first play of overtime, Favre promptly tossed a bad pass into the hands of Eagles defender Brian Dawkins. McNabb quickly drove the offense into easy field goal range for the victory. The Favrers defense disappointed Brett by sacking McNabb a mere 8 times, while the Favrers ground game failed to hold up its end of the bargain with just 210 yards and a measly average of 5.7 YPA. Favre passed for 180 yards, one of his lowest outputs of the year.

Jan. 9, 2005

The reality: The 10-6 Packers draw a gimme, landing the 8-8 Vikings at home in the wildcard round.

The Favre apologist fantasy: Favre heals lepers.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre turns out a gruesomely disfiguring playoff performance (22 of 33, 66.7%, 216 yards, 6.5 YPA, 1 TD, 4 INT, 55.4 rating), as Packers suffer a humiliating 31-17 loss to one of the worst teams ever to reach the playoffs. Had the Seahawks not lost to the Rams just one day earlier, Favre would have been the first quarterback in history to lose a playoff game to a .500 team.

The 2005 season

The reality: The Packers suffer their first losing season in the Favre Era.

The Favre apologist fantasy: The Packers went 4-12 because Favre had no talent around him.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Eight times in the 2005 season, Favre took the field in the fourth quarter with his team in position to tie or take the lead and a chance for him to play the role of hero. In all eight games, he threw crushing interceptions that killed any hopes for victory. Favre’s 29 picks that year are the most thrown by any quarterback in the past 20 years.

The 2006 season

The reality: Packers climb back to respectability with an 8-8 record.

The Favre apologist fantasy: Favre helped the blind to see.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre had trouble focusing on the field, with a 72.7 passer rating that was among the worst in football that season. The list of quarterbacks with a better rating in 2006 included some of the most widely ridiculed passers in football: David Carr (82.1), Michael Vick (75.7), Alex Smith (74.8) and Rex Grossman (73.9)

Jan. 20, 2008

The reality: Packers were favored at home on one of the coldest nights in Lambeau Field history.

The Favre apologist fantasy: The Packers ran into a buzzsaw and lost to the eventual Super Bowl champs.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: Favre, and the Packers offense, suffered one of the most colossal collapses in history. In the fourth quarter and overtime, Favre completed 4 of 10 passes for 32 yards with 2 INTs. Green Bay’s final four drives, with a Super Bowl appearance easily within their grasp, went for 0, 7, 0 and 2 yards. Favre’s final pick, on the second play of overtime, led directly to the Giants’ game-winning field goal.

No wonder Cheeseheads continue to cling to 1996 as if it were yesterday: the memories Favre provided them in the years since were too painful to bear.

The 2008 season

The reality: Favre wrote a typical Favre-style tragedy that ruined what looked like a promising season for his new team, thet Jets, who led the AFC East with an 8-3 record through 11 games.

The Favre apologist fantasy: An injury prevented Favre from writing a great comeback story with his new team.

The Cold, Hard Football Facts: It is true that Favre was injured late in the 2008 season. But either the injury was not very bad, or he and the organization put his consecutive-games streak ahead of the welfare of the team, because he still took the field every week. And when he did, it resulted in a classic late-season meltdown for the old gunslinger. Favre was dreadful during the stretch-run collapse, throwing 2 TDs against 9 picks. INTs lead directly to losses, and the Jets went 1-4 over the final five games, and missed the playoffs despite their hot 8-3 start.

Favre ended the season with an 81.0 passer rating: 20 NFL starters last year posted a better mark, and few of them are considered champion-caliber quarterbacks.

An injury might be a good excuse … had we not seen Favre weave these fantasy time and again in his career.

And then Favre threw an interception that was so bad that it made Neil O'Donnell cringe, which allowed the Giants to win in overtime.

Uh, the Giants would've won WAY before that Interception if it weren't for their kicker.

Can you say selective memory?

Want to remind us of how he choked that Championship game away? It was a collosal CHOKE. HE LOST THE GAME FOR THEM. IT WAS COMPLETELY ON HIM.

Read my post above.

If it weren't for the Giant kicker, the game is over long before Favre's OT Interception, thanks to the Packer D, not Favre.

And I'll take the Conferece Championship Game over starting 8-3 only to finish the year 9-7 and out of the playoffs, losing at home to your arch rivals Week 17, any day.

Uh, the Giants would've won WAY before that Interception if it weren't for their kicker.

Can you say selective memory?

So, Favre gets bailed out TWICE by the Giants kicker, then still proceeds to choke.

What a positive in Brett's favor. You really turned this argument around.

So, Favre gets bailed out TWICE by the Giants kicker, then still proceeds to choke.

What a positive in Brett's favor. You really turned this argument around.

And he choked against a defense that shut down the record setting, 18-0 New England Patriots. Gee, I wonder if Peyton Manning would've lost the game earlier, or at least done the same. Yep, he would've. So would've Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, etc.

The game should've been over by then, so really I don't care what happened after that. It was a Doug Brien type moment for Tynes, except he redeemed himself.

Call me a Favre apologist all you want, just know that you are a Favre hater and look for ways to blame things on him.

And that's fine.

Still he's one of the greats and if he stays healthy, Minnesota will win the NFC North.

And he choked against a defense that shut down the record setting, 18-0 New England Patriots. Gee, I wonder if Peyton Manning would've lost the game earlier, or at least done the same. Yep, he would've. So would've Drew Brees, Ben Roethlisberger, Carson Palmer, etc.

The game should've been over by then, so really I don't care what happened after that. It was a Doug Brien type moment for Tynes, except he redeemed himself.

Call me a Favre apologist all you want, just know that you are a Favre hater and look for ways to blame things on him.

And that's fine.

Still he's one of the greats and if he stays healthy, Minnesota will win the NFC North.

A Favre hater? Yeah right. I jizzed in my pants when we traded for him. I've always supported Favre. I've never ballwashed him or made excuses for his mistakes, however, and he has made a LOT of them.

And P.S.: Peyton will never lose to Eli. EVER.

And that's fine.

Sorry buddy, the NFC north title will likely belong to the Packers. Better QB, decent running game, fast aggressive defense, good special teams.

Favre will be the ruin of the Viking, mark it down.

Archived