Matt Cassel Injury...

SoFlaJets

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chiefs cross their fingers on Cassel, Flowers

Posted by Mike Florio on August 30, 2009 5:56 PM ET

A day after their third preseason game, the Kansas City Chiefs are waiting for the results of "medical tests" on quarterback Matt Cassel and cornerback Brandon Flowers.

Cassel suffered a knee injury while being tackled from behind against the Seahawks. X-rays were negative; an MRI presumably has been performed.

Flowers suffered a shoulder injury.

Coach Todd Haley, who's required to provide no injury information until the Wednesday before the regular-season opener, was tight-lipped. Haley said only that he'd discuss the situation "at a later date."

Cassel became a star last year when Pats quarterback Tom Brady tore an ACL during the regular-season opener against the Chiefs. If Cassel's injury is serious, the job will fall to Tyler Thigpen or Brodie Croyle.

Posted 15 minutes ago.

Nothing has been confirmed.

ESPN.com has nothing, it just says the Chiefs are waiting for tests. Sportscenter isnt reporting it either. Your son lied.

my son doesn't lie...he's searching for where he read it and will send it over to me from the living room

my son doesn't lie...he's searching for where he read it and will send it over to me from the living room

Everyone lies @ one point or another, it's human nature. I follow ESPN, ESPNNEWS, Schefter & most of the ESPN anchors & writers, none of them have tweeted about Cassel being done for the year. And if they did Im pretty sure the 6 pm edition of Sportscenter would have the breaking NEws ticker or wouldve reported it.So far nothing, the only thing on ESPN.com is about them waiting for results from MRI's etc.

You guys are horrible. Laughing at season ending injuries. Nice. Wonder if you'd be laughing if it was one of your beloved players not named Gholston. I think not.

If it is true, that's a shame. If it is not true, good for Matt.

As an aside, it's laughable that the MRI results are not available yet. Of course they are. He either has some issues or Pioli is milking this.

Alright, just spoke with my source. He said that "he heard it wasn't bad" and that MRI results are still not out yet. :lock:

He also mentioned that IF the MRI results do come out bad, that would be very bad for JAX. They were about to trade for Thigpen and the deal was almost done. Then, this happened. If Thigpen has to start for KC, his price is going to go wayyyyyy up.

You guys are horrible. Laughing at season ending injuries. Nice. Wonder if you'd be laughing if it was one of your beloved players not named Gholston. I think not.

I agree, I dont understand why people think season ending injuries are funny. It's not like Matt Cassel being out for the season benefits us in any way. It's always funny when it happens to someone from the other team, seems like posters have never heard of the bitch Karma. SMH.

left_corner_player_news.gifKC.gifMatt Cassel-QB- Chiefs Aug. 30 - 4:40 pm et right_corner_player_news.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gifpixel.gif

According to the National Football Post, the left leg injury Matt Cassel suffered Saturday night "isn't believed to be severe."

The vague report says the Chiefs "may have dodged the proverbial bullet," but that more tests will be done. X-rays performed Saturday night revealed no broken bones. Hopefully more info will be available at Monday's practice.

Source: National Football Post

LOL, Garb. What, you have a concussion or something?

The Jets have dealt with QB injuries for nearly 10 years. Get a grip. No one was crying for the Jets when:

1. In 1999 Vinny blew out his achilles

2. In 2002 Vinny went down with an injury.

3. In 2003 Chad broke his wrist

4. In 2004 Chad blew out his shoulder

5. In 2005 Chad blew out his shoulder again. And so did his backup.

6. In 2008 Favre hurt his arm

The Jets have dealt with QB injuries for nearly 10 years. Get a grip. No one was crying for the Jets when:

My eyes welled up a little with Vinny's achilles injury since that was supposed to be our Super Bowl season. Other than that, meh.

I felt bad for everyone but Favre. Favre was/in an ass. If he was hurt that bad, he should not have played....but noooooooooooooooo.....it's all about him. Eff Brett Favre.

I felt bad for everyone but Favre. Favre was/in an ass. If he was hurt that bad, he should not have played....but noooooooooooooooo.....it's all about him. Eff Brett Favre.

Note, I'm not happy or gloating if Cassell is done. I hate it when an NFL season is affected by injury. But, of course, it's part of the game.

My eyes welled up a little with Vinny's achilles injury since that was supposed to be our Super Bowl season. Other than that, meh.

Yeah, of all of them that was the one that really hurt.

Rams--Jets SB would have been wild.

Archived