Official 2009 Yankees vs NL team WORLD SERIES thread

Barton

figured i'd get this startin early

so do we win in 4 games or 5 games? or can we win in 3 if they forfeit the 4th?? if so does our slated game 4 starting pitcher get credited with a win even tho the game was never played?

I think Detroit wins in 5.

That should not happen, but nothing would shock me.

I really would not be shocked at all if the Yankees were to lose to Detroit. Why should I be confident in AJ Burnett to win us a game? Also, Verlander will pitch games 1 & 4, and he can shut down any lineup in the league. So it's very possible we could go to a game 5, where anything can happen.

Any Yankee fan who is taking October baseball for granted needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

Now we are definitely gonna lose, and a Red Sox stupid troll will bump this and laugh at us. Great.

Delete this.

Yeah because making a thread on Jetnation will cause a cosmic shift, thus killing the Yankees chances. Grow up. :rolleyes:

The thread is stupid because it's presumptuous, not because it "jinxes" anything.

I really would not be shocked at all if the Yankees were to lose to Detroit. Why should I be confident in AJ Burnett to win us a game? Also, Verlander will pitch games 1 & 4, and he can shut down any lineup in the league. So it's very possible we could go to a game 5, where anything can happen.

Any Yankee fan who is taking October baseball for granted needs to wake up and smell the coffee.

All true, and there is no need to wait.

If we lose in the first round the great season would end in DISASTER!!!

Yeah because making a thread on Jetnation will cause a cosmic shift, thus killing the Yankees chances. Grow up. :rolleyes:

The thread is stupid because it's presumptuous, not because it "jinxes" anything.

I'm superstitious. You grow up. It's a stupid thread one way or another.

I'm superstitious. You grow up. It's a stupid thread one way or another.

Why should I grow up, you're the one who still believes in jinxes & thinks because some random makes a thread on a website, its going the change anything.

Why should I grow up, you're the one who still believes in jinxes & thinks because some random makes a thread on a website, its going the change anything.

guess that means a goo dpercentage of professional sports players need to grow up too as they're some of the most superstitious people around.

I would agree.

Not for just the Yankees, but any AL team. In a short series, any team is vulnerable. Especially seeing NY, Detroit, Boston (Texas to a lesser extent) and LAA can throw two good starters at you.

figured i'd get this startin early

so do we win in 4 games or 5 games? or can we win in 3 if they forfeit the 4th?? if so does our slated game 4 starting pitcher get credited with a win even tho the game was never played?

I'm with this. I can't watch regular season baseball now that football is back. Wake me up when September ends. - That was the gayest thing I've ever said. But it makes sense.

• 1 month later...

Archived