The Crabtree Situation

ZachEY

Does anyone really want him? He basically wants to change the way draft picks are paid because he feels he should get more than DHB. Dude is prepared to sit out the entire season rather than take "only" 5 million dollars a year. 5 million a year that he hasn't earned yet. Can you say headcase?

He actually deserves more than DHB. He is the better player by far, and will have a way better career.

In most cases I would go against the player. But with this one it all comes down to A. Davis being senial. And it's costing Crabtree money when everybody knows who the better player is.

Crabtree is crazy. A player can't get off to a worse start, and at the point it would be suicide to commit what it would take to not only compensate the Niners, but sign him and put your team through this. Crabtree will re-enter the draft and go in the second round is my guess. He'll never get the money he wants, and his story will be a cautionary tale for future potential hold-outs. It will also fuel the fire for a future mandatory slotting system. I think we'll be set for this year. There will be plenty of opportunity for receivers next year, and I'm not prepared to throw next year's very important draft class away for a baby that won't play ball. Half the teams in the league have similar to even worse receiver situations than the Jets so I think we'll manage. Maybe we'll get lucky and Clowney will actually show up during the regular season.

He actually deserves more than DHB. He is the better player by far, and will have a way better career.

In most cases I would go against the player. But with this one it all comes down to A. Davis being senial. And it's costing Crabtree money when everybody knows who the better player is.

I almost always side with the player, but in this case Crabtree is in the wrong. There's a slotted payscale system associated with the draft, and no one player is going to alter the way the league does business in that regard. Too bad for him that Al Davis preferred DBH, but that's the way it goes.

If anything, he should be holding out for the shortest possible contract, and a clause guaranteeing that he'll hit unrestricted free agency as soon as it's up if he's so confident.

Why would you say that? WR’s are one of the high bust Positions. Ask the Lions.

Crabtree hasn’t caught a single ball, and already he is making a tool out of himself.

The only guarantee you have with Crabtree is that he is going to be a pain in the rear.

Right now, and it is very early, I would think there are 4, maybe 5 1st round WR’s

Damian Williams, USC

Arrelious Benn, Illinois

Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State

Brandon LaFell, LSU

Golden Tate, Notre Dame

Plus there might be some excellent FA WR's, or maybe a trade. If the Jets are going to sign a guaranteed pain in the rear WR, i would rather it be one who has played well in the NFL.

Co-sign. You'd have to be retarded to give up a first rounder for a malcontent who won't even get a whiff of the first round next year.

Next years #1 is fine with me

I would do that. However, we'll have the same problem that San Fran is going through. He wants to get paid like a Top 3 player, which he is. But he got drafted with the 10th pick. He should get paid like a 10th overall pick.

Archived